4.1/5
Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo Reviews

Dove dry shampoo quickly helps to reduce the oily, greasy feel of unwashed hair, leaving it easy to style and manage. It also comes with a light clean scent, so you can enjoy the feeling of hair that is fresh and clean within seconds.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2017

October 08, 2016

As part of the chick advisor product review team, I had the opportunity to try Dove's Volumizing Dry Shampoo. I have thin hair that gets oily quick and I usually have to wash my hair daily to avoid the greasy look. For this reason, I'm always on the lookout for a product that will let me get away without washing my hair. To use this product, I applied it to my hair before bed and brushed it out in the morning before styling. My hair was left feeling full and oily free! This is definitely one of the better dry shampoos I've used. I just wish it came tinted for different hair colours.

2.0/5

October 08, 2016

I got this as a Product Review Club item from Chick Advisor to try out. I regularly use dry shampoo, especially when I straighten out my hair.

I did not enjoy this dry shampoo! Some good things are that It has no scent (which was nice) and the packaging is beautiful. However, it did not help freshen up my hair at all. I tried it on 3 day hair and I ended up washing my hair later the same day because I felt itchy and gross.

When it sprays out it doesn't seem super powdery, unlike other sprays. This can be good if you have dark hair like me, but it's also confusing because I'm not sure if it's doing anything unless I use a bunch of product. I use a tooooon of product and immediately after my hair seemed a little fresher. Unless I went super crazy with product it still was a little stringy, and like I said before I still ended up washing the same.

I'll stick to my regular dry shampoo instead!

2.3/5

October 08, 2016

I was grateful to have the chance to try this product for free through the Product Review Club. I have used a couple of different Dry Shampoos, and this one was not one of the better ones, unfortunately. Dove usually makes such great products, so I wanted to love this! But I found that so much of the product sprayed into the air that it irritated my throat, it did not have a pleasant scent, it made my scalp itch, and my hair felt even more grimy and heavy after I applied it. Sorry, but I'll be throwing this one out.

October 08, 2016

This is the best dry shampoo that I have used, a few of the others I have tried made my hair look dirty and gross but this product actually made my hair look good and smell good on a day I did not have time to wash it. I have not been disappointed with a Dove product yet and I told my mom to try this when her current dry shampoo is gone. :)

October 08, 2016

This isn't the best dry shampoo I've tried but it is good. It smells great and gives my hair volume. I would recommend that this only be used as a second day hair dry shampoo because if its third or fourth day when your hair is quite oily, it's not going to absorb well. I compare this one to my favourite dry shampoo Batiste XXL volume. I probably won't purchase this in the future because for someone who's too busy to wash and blow dry my hair more than once or twice a week I need a good dry shampoo thats going to soak up all the oils in my hair. I do like using this one throughout the day though if my hair ever gets a little flat or oily.

I also need to mention that I did receive this product for free from Chick Advisory Review Club.

October 08, 2016

I just finished a week of trying out the new Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo that I received. #gotitfree This is not my first experience with using a dry shampoo, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this product. While other dry shampoos when sprayed leave a visible white powder residue that has to be worked into the hair, I found that Dove sprays on light and easy and does not have to be managed. I usually experience greasy-looking hair between 36 and 48 hours after washing so I like to use a dry shampoo, especially if I am going out of the house. The Dove Dry Shampoo was very quick and easy to spray and use to absorb any visible oil and style as usual. I even waited a third day to wash and tried the Dry Shampoo again. This time I was not able to style my hair exactly as usual, but the product still absorbed the oil and helped me go an extra day between washes. Definitely a product to keep in the house or in your bag for those moments when you are rushed and need to spruce up your hair!.

October 08, 2016

I received this product for free in exchange for my honest opinion.

This dry shampoo does work but I do like other brands a bit better. It has quite a florally smell which I am not the biggest fan of. I am more of a fresh smelling girl. The shampoo doesn't leave too much of a white cast which is good. It does take away the oils but I feel like my oiliness does come back quite quick throughout the day so it didn't keep the oils away unfortunately. I think it would be great to just use to give the hair some texture and volume.

I do recommend this shampoo if you don't mind the floral smells. Its not the best dry shampoo out there but its not bad for the price.

October 07, 2016

I have thick damaged hair. I try not to wash it every day so I use dry shampoo in between. I have used many types but this one by far is my favorite. First off I love the size of the can. It is appealing to the eye. It smells fantastic. And it leaves my hair feeling light and not sticky.

October 07, 2016

I use dry shampoo multiple times a week. I've tried a few brands, but Batiste is my go-to product. I was exited to try this Dove product as it has a better price point. I go through so much dry shampoo that I can't really justify spending more than $10 on a bottle. My first impression was that it had a nice smell. I find most of the Batiste scents overwhelming. This smell is definitely on the milder side, which is a big plus. The other great thing about it is that it doesn't spray on as white as Batiste does and, therefore, doesn't take as long to blend in so that it looks like my natural hair. I didn't notice a huge difference in terms of volume but it does add a nice bit of texture to my hair and makes it easier to style.

All in all, I will definitely switch from Batiste to Dove.

I was selected by Chickadvisor to try this product! #gotitfree
    So excited because I use dry shampoo routinely.
    And... I always need help in the volume department. Dry shampoo is the best product ever for those gym goers who like to shower at home! I can't imagine being without it now haha.

First impression was that the product has a light smell. Which is nice because I work in a
    hospital. I am not suppose to wear any fragrances to work.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that the product has no color to it. Other brands
    tend to show up in my hair and require some extra work to blend it in. Sooo... bonus!!!

I did find that the dry shampoo left my hair feeling fresh. However, it didn't give me the added volume
    that I was hoping for. Not all that surprised though, my hair is super thin and nothing seems to
    help on that front. It doesn't leave the chalky powdery film on my hair like some of the other brands
    I have tried. But, I think that "film" is what gives that extra hold when it comes to styling.

I have yet to decide what I need from my dry shampoo. Of course, the main thing is feeling/looking
    fresh. But if it can double as a styling product that makes it more desirable to me. I am all about
    keeping it simple in the morning. If that means I have one less bottle of product under my sink I am
    a happy camper.

I can't wait to experiment with this product more... thanks Chickadvisor.