Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

2.0/5

May 04, 2012

I received this as a freebie through Chick Advisor's Review Club.

First I should mention that there are only two criteria I have for a soap:

1. It should have a lovely scent (I'm partial to natural types like vanilla or coconut).
    2. It should make my skin feel great.

Those are my criteria in that order. If the soap doesn't pass the first criteria then I don't care how good it makes my skin feel. I need to enjoy the scent while it does it's job. And I need to be able to catch a whiff of it throughout my day and it should make me smile.

Unfortunately this bar failed my first criteria and so it really didn't matter to me that is was a very moisturizing soap.

The scent is overpowering and very perfumey. I found the scent to be reminiscent of cheap perfume that is cloying and allergy inducing. I hated it to say the least. Even inside the box you can get a good whiff of it, so I recommend you have a smell before you buy to see if it appeals to you. If you don't mind the scent then you might love the bar. I could not tolerate the scent and so I only used it once.

Compared to bar soaps from The Body Shop or Lush this bar does not even come close and is not worth the buy.

If Dove decided to create a soap with a pleasant scent than I might consider switching. I have tried their other soaps (Cool Cucumber and Scent Free) and I was not impressed enough to switch brands.

On the positive, it is not drying and feels pleasant.

May 03, 2012

I received the Dove original beauty cream bar free as a product sample through chick advisor and was I ever impressed.
    As soon as my package arrived in the mail you could smell the scent right through the shipping package and I must admit I was slightly turned off with such a strong scent, as I do not normally go for such. Once I used the cream bar though I did not find the scent to be strong enough to bother me, it was just the right strength to last a few hours after showering.
    The bar lathered up rather nicely, and I did not feel like I had to scrub and lather for a long amount of time, I find some cheaper soap products require. I had my father try the bar as well after he came in from working on the farm, and he found the bar to be the only hand soap that comes close to getting to any grease off his hands, as he usually has to use dish soap.
    The overall effectiveness of the bar was great, and since it did not give me any skin irritations which I can frequently have, I will consider switching to the dove beauty cream bar, and will definately be recommending it to family and friends.

May 03, 2012

I love Dove and so does the rest of my family! It makes our skin feel smooth and so soft! I will recommend Dove to my friends for sure!

May 03, 2012

I received this product free to test as part of ChickAdvisor’s Product Review Club.
    my overall impression of Dove Bar is amazing. It left my skin so soft and mositurized. I didn't even use any lotion after the shower. Compared to my regular soap. The Dova bar is more effective. the moisture stay for a whole day. I will definitly switch to Dove Bar and recommend to my friend. Also, I love the scent.

May 03, 2012

I received this product free to test as part of ChickAdvisor's Product Review Club.

Being a girl who normally uses shower gels rather than bar soaps, I was very pleasantly surprised by just how much I loved the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar! It left my skin feeling fresh and wonderful, without an overpowering scent or feelings of residue.

I loved using this bar as opposed to my regular use of shower gel. It left my skin feeling much more fresh and soft and I highly recommend it. It is a great price and I would definitely consider switching to Dove Beauty Bar and making it part of my daily routine!

May 03, 2012

thank you chick advisor i received my dove beauty bar this week and i was so surprised to find out there was 2 full size bars i was totally expecting just trial size you guys are awesome and my skin feels so soft with using the dove beauty bar and again thank you so much

May 03, 2012

i receve my soap because chickadvisor send me a soap and i really like this soap , It feels good and is gentle to the skin, and I like her. Dove beauty bar soap is moisturizing cream am doing very well and hydrate the skin, my skin is really soft, for now, I only tested twice but my opinion on this product is fantastic :)

May 03, 2012

Loved the Dove Beauty Bar! When it came in the mail I was so excited to shower!! The bar was very moisturizing and was very helpful with my dry skin. It was very moisturizing after just one use! I can't wait for more showers!

May 03, 2012

I received the dove beauty bar from Chick Advisor to try and I must say I love this soap. I usually use Olay but I love the smell and I feel so fresh and clean. Sometimes when you get a new product you can be disappointed but I truly loved this product and will be buying it again in the future!! Thanks Chick Advisor!!

May 03, 2012

Day 2. Fantastic. My other rough elbow is becoming sooooo soft. I love walking down the hallway because the smell coming from the bathroom 12 HOURS after having a shower smells so nice. Just from a bar of Dove soap sitting in the soap holder in the shower.