Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 21, 2012

After reviewing the dove beauty bar, I say that I would definately buy this if choosing a "bar " soap. The bar left my skin feeling moisture and didn't feel like there was residue left on my skin after use. It lathered very well and I loved the scent, however my teenage boys did not love the scent , they felt it smelled too girly, and I think I would agree with them !
    It was great to have the oppertunity to review this product ...thanks

May 21, 2012

I normally alternate between liquid and bar soaps but have found that often, bar soaps leave my skin feeling a little dry and sometime a residue remains after use. I was happy to have the opportunity to review Dove’s Original Beauty Cream Bar to see if this swayed me more one way than the other.

I did like the light, not overpowering, scent of the soap along with its creamy texture. I found that after using it, my skin was soft and even after not moisturizing a couple of times to see the effect, it was not dry.

That said, while I thought it was a good soap, I didn’t think any of its attributes were so outstanding that I’d necessarily make a switch to this soap. I’d probably give it a closer look if I was choosing between it and another soap, but my experience hasn’t completely swayed me.

3.2/5

May 21, 2012

I usually use a liquid body soap with extra moisture due to my dry skin. After trying Dove Beauty Bar my faith has been restored in bar soap, at least this one! This soap left my skin silky smooth and not itchy at all. Love it.

May 21, 2012

I use Dove original beauty cream bar right away after I received it, and I feel my skin not itchy after having a shower, in opposite,my skin is silky smooth,I am supper happy with this change, I definity feel it is worth to pay a little more to use this brand and would recommend it to my friends

May 21, 2012

As someone who usually uses liquid body soap, the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar was a pleasant surprise.

The pros:
    Finally, a soap bar that doesn't make my skin feel waxy afterwards! I also liked the ergonomic bar shape which fitted nicely in my hand, making it easy to hold and use. It lathers great, and my skin felt moisturized after I used it.

The cons:
    The scent was a little too strong for me. The soap scent was overwhelming when I opened the package, but it's much more mild when I actually used it in the shower. I didn't think it smelled bad at all, but its worth noting for some who don't like scented soap. It's also worth looking into other scents Dove has available, such as Cucumber & Green Tea =)

Overall, I think Dove has a winner with their beauty 'soap' bar: it does what it's supposed to do at a reasonable price. While I might not make the switch from liquid body soap anytime soon, if I had to use a soap bar, I would choose Dove.

Note: I received the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar to review as part of ChickAdvisor's Review Club, and used this product for 2 weeks before writing this review.

May 20, 2012

I love this product. I come out of the shower feeling so fresh and clean. I love the smell too. I will definitely recommend this product in the future.

May 20, 2012

I received this product as part of the chick advisors review club. I tried it for 2 weeks and a half in the shower everyday. My skin felt clean and moisturized and so soft compared to the beauty bar I usually use. I really like the smell, it wasn't strong at all. Dove bar didn't try out my skin and no irritation and the best part about the dove bar is that the smell lasted on my body for awhile. So I felt clean and fresh for most of the day. I will definitely swich and continue to use this dove cream beauty bar and I already recommend it to everyone I know.

May 20, 2012

I received this dove beauty cream bar as part of chick advisors review club. I tried it for 2 weeks in the shower and I was very happy with the results.I felt that dove bar left my skin so soft and moisturized. Dove bar had a very light smell, I also felt that the soap was not slippery and leathers my whole body really well and didn't leave behind any residue compared to the other beauty bar brand that I used before.I would definitely swich to dove beauty bar and I already and will continue to recommend dove beauty bar to everyone I know.Thank you very much for this experience.

May 20, 2012

I was happy to get to try this as part of the Product Review Club!

I normally use both body wash and bar soap depending on the season, convenience, and how dry/oily my skin is feeling. I was excited to try this as I tend to use bar soaps after working out or when I'm feeling oily to try and wash away the residue that I can get with some body washes. I was hoping this would be a balance - a bar soap that does not strip too much, but offers some of the moisturization/protection that a body wash does,

I like the light scent - feminine but not overpowering once you rinse it off. Smells nice as you're showering. I do find that it leaves a light residue, similar to some of the cream-style body washes (like Olay). It probably gives some more moisture protection but I found that I still needed to use moisturizer afterwards. I don't know if this would cause me to break out in oilier areas like my back with prolonged use, but so far no major issues.

Overall, it's a less drying soap and would be a good balance between the different benefits of bar soaps versus body washes.

May 20, 2012

I recieved this product as part of the Chick Advisor Club. I tried it for 2 weeks in the shower and compared my skin and how it felt, to the product I was using before. I found Dove to leave my skin feeling super soft and clean. It smelled great, but I prefer I scented soap. The bar was easy to handle and I didnt find it to be slippery. The great smell stayed on my skin during the day, which I enjoyed. I did find that a bar soap maybe dries my skin out a bit more in comparison to a liquid soap. I did enjoy this product though, and would buy Dove.