Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 19, 2012

Oh Dove - the soap my Grandmother used, my Mother uses, and what I used on my babies.

So why did I stop using it myself? I guess I got blinged out by all the exciting body washes out there. So it was fun to get back to basics when I got this product free to try as part of ChickAdvisor's Product Review Club.

The scent is the classic-what-I-remember-as-a-girl Dove scent. Much stronger in the package that what it goes on as with water in the shower.

It lathers up nice with a shower pouf (surpise to me as I forgot that it isn't just body washes that can lather) and you feel clean after. I loved that you felt moisturized too - due to all the moisturizers right in the bar, your skin feels soft and moisturized versus tight and dry.

I would recommend this to a friend. I will even continue to use it! The list of ingredients compared to my body wash is that much shorter and the price is better.

Thanks ChickAdvisor for a trip down memory lane and reminding me that sometimes newer isn't always better.....

May 18, 2012

Thanks for this opportunity !!

Great soap! I like it very much!

The smell is nice and not too strong. I usually use body wash, but i love this soap!!!

My skin was not dry at all after i use the soap. My skin was clean,fresh and soft. No need of lotion or cream
    I will buy this soap again.

Thanks again!!!!

May 18, 2012

(I received two bars from ChickAdvisor.com)

I really like the subtle, slightly sweet, clean scent this leaves my skin with. It suds up well, and the bar doesn't become squishy when it gets in water like some other types I had tried. I don't believe it had much of an effect on the condition of my skin though. This goes both ways as it means that my skin, having eczema, did not react badly to it, and also that there was no noticeable moisturising effect.

This is a good product to use if the usual soap just irritates your skin, or if you would like a nice, soft scent just barely lingering after a shower. The scent really is the biggest thing going for this bar, but that is not much. I don't think I would switch from my usual liquid body soaps or recommend it to most people except those who have particularly sensitive skin.

May 18, 2012

I tried Dove original beauty cream bar and I liked it. If felt nice on my skin and cleaned well. What I didn't like is the smell... it was too strong for me. I wouldn't consider changing from my usual soap because I use a handmade soap (not by me!) with olive oil and cocoa butter that is environment friendly. However I would recommend Dove original beauty cream bar to my friends and family.

2.7/5

May 18, 2012

I was super psyched to try the Dove Beauty Cream Bar, especially since recently my skin kept breaking out and I thought for sure this would be the best thing to use. Honestly, it didn't. While its an average soap, it didn't really do anything special, my skin was still breaking out, and still just as dry after a shower. Maybe its my skin type, but if its supposed to be a universally good soap, it just wasn't working for me.

Also- I didn't love the smell, yes it was pleasant. But the packaging alone was very overwhelming - great to keep your jackets smelling fresh, but not the scent I would go for.

A little disappointing

May 18, 2012

I received two bars of the Dove soap to test. I found it moisturized my dry skin and left it feeling smooth and soft. No sticky film feeling after my shower. It also lathers up very well which is great for shaving. I have fairly sensitive skin and found that this soap didn't irritate me at all which was a nice change.

May 18, 2012

I received this product for free as part of the product review club. This is what i like about it:
    -Scent: you can buy the unscented version, which i usually lean towards. But in this case i found the smell to be nice and somewhat comforting, it didn't bother me at all.
    -Moisturizing: lives up to its name. Most soaps are drying and I always use moisturizer afterwards. I tried going without for a few days while using this, and my skin didn't bother me. Since I usually use moisurizer, i wouldn't neccesarily stop, but if i was pressed for time one day i would feel happy just using the beauty bar and not worrying about the rest.
    No cons that i found. I'd give it a thumbs up.

May 18, 2012

Well have used many dove products over time I would say this one works quite well for me it moisturizes really well and would recommend it to others to use as a daily soap that feels great on your skin.

3.2/5

May 18, 2012

The overall experience was softer skin, my face felt smoother. The fragrance was o.k. Yes I would tell my friends to switch to Dove. IThe product Dove beauty bar was free for testing from ChickAdvisors.

May 18, 2012

I received the Dove Beauty Bar from ChickAdvisor to review and I love it! I normally use body washes, because bar soap is usually pretty drying on my skin. But this was not drying at all. The scent is clean smelling and quite lovely. It has a great lather, and I've been using it to shave because the lather is so thick. Even with such a thick lather, it rinses off very easily. I would definitely buy this again!