Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 07, 2012

I was happy to receive these 2 bars, it brought me back to the time before body wash was out, & all we had was very basic bar soap. You can smell the good 'ol Dove scent from the unopened box, and when you do open it - ahhhh yes, that creamy clean smell! You look forward to bathing with bar soap! I've been using it for 5 days now in the shower and on my face. My skin isn't dry or tight. My face feels cleansed and moisturised. (Now to tackle my dry hair...) I've tried all kinds of other body washes over the years, lured in by exotic scents & pretty packaging. But I appreciate getting familiar with Dove again, it's simply a wonderful soap.
    Sometimes the classics are best for a reason.

May 07, 2012

I found the scent quite strong but other then that I love the moisture in the bar, it left my skin feeling soft and refreshed and even though the scent was very strong once rinsed off the scent did not linger.

May 07, 2012

i got this bar a few weeks ago for free to test as part of ChickAdvisor’s Product Review Club , and started using it right away. i love how the bar doesnt dry out like other brands and it leaves your skin feeling soft and moisterized. also, the scents are quite nice as well.
    i would deffinelty reccomend dove brands to my family and friends and will continue to buy their products for the future.

May 07, 2012

I recieved this with the Product Review Club and I loved it. My skin is always drying out and I hate having to always use lotion. This helped me feel fresh, clean and my skin was nice and moist. Loved it! I typically feel that liquid soap is the way to go, but the Dove Beauty Bar changed my mind. I think bar soap is the way to go. And not just any soap --I really liked this one.

May 07, 2012

Would like to say this Dove bar smells amazing...such a clean fresh smell that lingers in the bathroom and on your skin. I will definitely recommend this soap to others as it does not dry your skin out, leaves you feeling clean and refreshed. Enjoy!

**Note: I received this product free to test as part of ChickAdvisor’s Product Review Club.** Thanks ChickAdvisor you ROCK!

3.2/5

May 07, 2012

I THINK THE DOVE BEAUTY CREAM BAR IS GREAT. HOWEVER, I USUALLY USE DOVE NOURISHING BAR WITH SHEA BUTTER AND I PREFER IT. THE BEAUTY BAR IS QUITE FRAGRANT AND I LIKE THE SMELL OF THE NOURISHING BAR BETTER.

May 07, 2012

I received this item for review from chick advisor - thank you!

I really enjoyed the light, fresh smell of this soap. It was not at all an over powering smell that would be bad for people sensitive to scents but it just made me feel really fresh. The soap itself was much more moisturizing than what I'm typically use to in a bar soap. It rinsed clean and I didn't feel like left over residue was an issue. Overall as a person who can be sensitive to some soaps, I found this to be very, mild, pleasant, moisturizing and something I would use again in the future.

May 07, 2012

I like it. I have always been happy with Dove products.

May 07, 2012

I started as soon as I received it in the mail (THANK YOU CHICK ADVISOR), right away it had a really great scent ( I hate harsh smells but this was very pleasing and soft), the smell also goes a long way though, my little bathroom always smells liek dirty diapers and this scent sitting in the shower made it go away! Just a little perk I guess :) I have very dry skin so was a little weary as to if this would actually work, I stopped using my medicated dry skin body wash and only used dove, and it helped more than my expensive medicated one!!! I was really surprised because I get excema on my arms and usually soaps make it worse. This did not! Didnt get rid of it but def didnt dry them out or make it worse. Was very soft to touch, just make sure you rinse thoroughly because it does cling to skin , which I liked!

All in all great product. WILL purchase!!

May 07, 2012

Here are my thoughts based on the first couple of days and then I'll say what I thought about it after a week of testing this product out:

Day #1/ARRIVAL: Upon receiving and opening this product, I notice a very mild scent that is very pleasing and it is very smooth to the touch. I personally use body washes (my current one is Lush’s Happy Hippy, $17)

NOTE that I did stop using Lush’s Happy Hippy and I started to use the Dove Beauty Bar for the next week and a half.

Day #2: Upon actually using this product…
    Very creamy, does not drip off the body but clings onto it. Very refreshing. Rinses clean. No scent after you dry.

All in all, I tried it for a full week. I did not dry out my skin and left it pleasantly soft unlike most bars of soap.

Dove really lived up to this hyped product!

I would definitely purchase this product once I run out!

Happy shopping!