Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 19, 2012

I really liked the smell of the bar was not highly scented. It was very bubbly and last a long time.

May 19, 2012

i have been using Dove bar soap since i was a kid, it was the only soap that my mom would buy and she swore by it . now that im a mom myself its the only soap i use on my daughter. she suffers from escema and it is the only soap that doesnt bother her escema. i love the way that it smells and how it makes my skin feel. i would recommond this product to anyone and anyone who has children

May 19, 2012

I used to use Dove when I was younger and less informed about what my skin can and cannot handle, that being said, I signed up for the Dove ChickAdvisor product review to give this classic brand another chance to wow me, but unfortunately it didn't.

I have sensitive skin and back when I did use Dove, I had to use their sensitive line of products because the smell of the regular line was too strong. This still has not changed, I wasn't very happy with the hit of super floral I got every time I pulled this bar of soap out to use.

It's ok for moisturizing but only for certain parts of the body. Hands, body, legs, feet, do not get this ANYWHERE near your face. I tried, just to see what would happen and I was ruddy and my skin felt super dry for days, my face was super unhappy with me and I knew it was a BAD decision. In the shower I much prefer a liquid soap because I prefer that lather and it doesn't leave a residue on my skin.

All in all, ot's still just an average cream soap bar, I'll use these until I run out but I won't go and buy them again any time soon.

May 19, 2012

The bar smells SO GOOD! every time i step into the washroom, the pleasant scent of the dove bar fills my nose.

The bar works really well in terms of its ability to moisturize skin. Even without applying lotion after my shower, my skin feels soft and hydrated. I also feel very clean after using the bar.

I usually use liquid soap, but the bar has its advantages. I feel that it cleans better and doesn't leave much residue on my skin.

The only problem with a bar versus liquid soap is that the bar is a little messier to keep in the shower because of the maintenance of the soap cup and cleaning it every so often, but I enjoy the experience of using the bar. I would definitely consider switching to bar soap from this point onward!

May 19, 2012

I received this product and was extremely happy with the results. I didn't find the smell over powering at all. The soap felt great on my skin and it lathered very nicely. My skin felt great and mosturized after using it. I actually didn't put cream on me after my shower just to see and my skin felt great. I will definately use this soap again. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to use it.

May 19, 2012

I received this product to try and review from the chick advisor product review club. I've been using it for almost 2 weeks now and I am very pleased with the results. My skin is left feeling very clean and soft, it's not dried out at all like it was with my previous soaps. I quite like the scent of it and don't find it overpowering at all, but then again I'm not normally bothered by scents. I could see how someone who is sensitive to strong scents may find this a bit strong. All in all I'm pleased with this product and will continue to use it going forward. Thanks for this opportunity Chick Advisor!

May 19, 2012

I received this product to try and have been using it for a few weeks now. It lathers well and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I don't normally use scented products so found the smell a bit too strong for my liking.

May 19, 2012

I received this product free to test as part of ChickAdvisor's Product Review Club. I have been using this bar for about 10 days now, and I love it!!! The first thing I noticed about the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar, was the scent. It is a very nice, yet strong scent that lingers after the shower. I have sensitive skin, and sometimes have a reaction to highly scented bath products. This beauty bar actually seems to have cleared up my skin! Prior to using this bar, I had been using a glycerin-type soap, and had noticably dry skin. Since using the Dove bar, my skin is softer, and less dry. I felt moisturized and clean after using this bar in the shower. I am going to give up my regular bar soap, and use Dove Beauty bars exclusively now! I would reccomend this to a friend, relative or stranger - I love this bar that much!!! It is well worth the money, and seems to last longer than regular soap.

May 19, 2012

LOVE IT! Dove has always made great products.

May 19, 2012

Oh Dove - the soap my Grandmother used, my Mother uses, and what I used on my babies.

So why did I stop using it myself? I guess I got blinged out by all the exciting body washes out there. So it was fun to get back to basics when I got this product free to try as part of ChickAdvisor's Product Review Club.

The scent is the classic-what-I-remember-as-a-girl Dove scent. Much stronger in the package that what it goes on as with water in the shower.

It lathers up nice with a shower pouf (surpise to me as I forgot that it isn't just body washes that can lather) and you feel clean after. I loved that you felt moisturized too - due to all the moisturizers right in the bar, your skin feels soft and moisturized versus tight and dry.

I would recommend this to a friend. I will even continue to use it! The list of ingredients compared to my body wash is that much shorter and the price is better.

Thanks ChickAdvisor for a trip down memory lane and reminding me that sometimes newer isn't always better.....