Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 23, 2012

I was able to try the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar as part of ChickAdvisor’s Product Review Club.

Pros:
    - Super moisturizing! Which is great for people with dry skin (like myself)
    - Fresh and clean, lathers up and rinses off very well (Behold - the commercials don't lie, there really is no soapy film residue left on your skin)
    - Love the shape of the bar, easy to use

Cons:
    - I'm not that fond of the smell. Some people like that baby powder scent. But I could smell it from the box. (However, once it's on and after the shower, you don't notice it.)
    - I find it's more expensive than body wash (in terms of # of uses, which is weird b/c I would think bar soap would last longer)
    - I'm not a fan of bar soaps (for tranporation/ road trips, i find it more cumbersome) - but that's just bar soaps in general, not specific to dove.

But I know that my mom loves bar soaps - and she loves Dove the most (especially this one).

Overall - I like it, and would recommend it to others

May 23, 2012

I grew up using Dove bars, and still continue to use them for my family. I love how soft & clean your skin feels after showering. No residue, and clean scent. The bars last for awhile, and are quite affordable!

May 23, 2012

I absolutely love this product! My mother has been using it for years to wash her face. I find it moisturizes my skin and doesn't leave any residue. I will deffinately reccomend this to everyone!

May 23, 2012

I received the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar as part of ChickAdvisor’s Product Review Club. I love using this product, it is truly beautiful- lathers up, nice and creamy rich, and the smell is so clean- soapy. It made my skin very soft- even my husband noticed, he would start rubbing my arms, telling me how soft my skin was. The lathering ability is really nice, it gives a nice foaminess that makes shaving with it a cinch, no need for shaving cream. I will definitely continue to buy this product instead of my usual beauty bar, as this one has the best scent, lathers up so well and is very reasonably priced.

May 23, 2012

I received this product to review and must say I am impressed. I suffer from dry skin much of the time but the Dove Beauty Bar has helped get rid of my dry, flaky patches. It feels so nice on my skin and the bar lasts and lasts. I will be making it my regular soap now!

May 23, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be given the chance to review the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar for free from Chick Advisor Product Review Club - YaY!

Ok, so let's get this started.

Scent: The bar has a bit of a strong smell to it, kind of reminds me of baby powder. I personally loved the fragrance, but I do think that someone who is sensitive to strong scents could be put off by this.

The Bar: As usual, Dove has the PERFECT sized bar, and the shape makes it so easy to hold on to in the shower. It fits perfectly in the palm of my hand so I need not worry about playing "fetch the soap" when I least want too.

Lather: To my surprise, the Dove Beauty Bar actually lathers well, both on a bath puff or just using it by hand. Typically I don't use bar soap for 2 reasons; one of them being due to lack of lathering. Perhaps I just like to see lots of bubbles :0)

Rinse: My other reason for NEVER using bar soap is because of the residue that is left behind after the "rinse cycle". The Dove Beauty Bar truly impressed me on this note. The soap rinses off the skin incredibly well, and leaves my skin feeling soft with a lovely fresh scent.

Note: The only down side I can see to this bar other than the noted strong smell for those who are sensitive - I don't find the bar lasts very long. Within a few days I was down to just a little sliver of soap left - although - I think others in the house have been sneaking my soap! So this very well could just be an issue I have experienced.

My Conclusion: After being a die hard body wash fan for years, I do believe that Dove has shown me that miracles can happen - ok - so not a miracle, but they have shown me that I can have body wash quality within a convenient bar. My skin is still super soft and my "sensitive skin" problem hasn't flared up at all during use.

Well done Dove - I will be purchasing & recommending this product for sure!

May 23, 2012

First of all, thank you so very much for the opportunity to try out this product. I had a wonderful time doing so, and in addition, I think I've found my regular use hand and body soap.
    This product is wonderful in so many aspects. First of all, the light and clean scent, which is neither overpowering or unimpressive. It is soft and soothing, and the fragrance stays on you long after you've used it, but in a light and airy sense, not an overpowering, I can't breathe! sense. With someone who has some sensitivity to scents, that is most appreciated.
    Also, I love, love, love how gentle it is on your skin. My skin is still recovering from winter dryness, and I was getting tired of being itchy and uncomfortable after my showers. With Dove though, this does not happen. It does not dry out your skin and never leaves a film.
    I also would like to add that I am now going to use this product with my son, as well. He has very bad eczema and skin allergies and I found that this soap was gentle enough to use on him as well. What a wonderful discovery!
    Thank you again, and I hope to have the opportunity to do this again.

May 23, 2012

This bar is great for keeping my skin soft......alot of bars I've tried leave my skin feeling tight and dry, which is why I usually use shower gels instead of bars, however, after using this bar for a week I have found my skin nice and soft, not tight and dry.
    I would definitely buy this Dove bar again!

1.5/5

May 23, 2012

I honestly did not find this soap to live up to the hype; simply, my skin did not feel clean after washing with it and the scent was too strong. In fact, this soap is definitely not good for those with allergies or sensitivities to fragrances.

Vegetarians and vegans should note that this product contains sodium tallowate. I e-mailed Dove customer service to ask if this product was rendered from animal fat and received no response.

May 23, 2012

Thanks to the Chick Advisor for letting me try the Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar.

The soap brings up a good lather, and makes your skin feel soft and clean. With most other soaps, your skin tends to feel dry, not with the dove beauty bar. It made my skin super soft.

The smell is mild yet gentle. I have allergies to parfume, and this soap is gentle enough for me not to have a reaction to it.

I will be switching from my regular soap to the dove beauty bar, and will reccomend it to all my friends!!!