Dove White Beauty Bar Reviews

May 03, 2012

I love using all Dove products.I use the bar, bodywash as well as their shampoo and conditioners.I am allergic to perfume and dyes so this product line not only cleans and smells good but it also doesn't irritate or dry my skin out so I don't brake out like other products do.I would recommend it to everyone! :)

May 03, 2012

I love how Dove soap makes my skin feel! It doesn't dry out like other bars! It's an essential for woman everywhere!!

Editor's Note: this member received a free sample as part of the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club.

May 03, 2012

I normally don't even use soap as the only thing I've experienced with it is tight skin. This is definitely different.

Upon first impression, I loved the smell. It gives me the feeling of when you snuggle into freshly washed blankets. Using it, I was very impressed with how it made me feel really clean unlike body washes, but didn't strip my skin of it's moisture either. In fact, it was pretty moisturizing.

Overall and to my surprise, I would consider starting to use soap and this would be it. If I wanted my skin to be EXTRA smooth however, I'd probably stick with a body wash or use moisturizer after using this soap just because I have extremely dry skin.

May 02, 2012

I recently tried dove beauty bar. I really like the scent and my skin is smooth and keep my skin moisturized. I generally buy product with good value or with coupon. I would like to change bodywash to Dove bar.The best things about Dove products is the scent and they way they feel on my face, body or hair -really nice and soothing

May 02, 2012

The only soap I can use that will not dry me out like crazy. I really like the scent also. I am not crazy about bar soap usually, but this one I like and I use it often.
    No complaints about product at all.

I really like Dove products in general, everything from face care to body and hair care. I wish they made more things like makeup and such. The best things about Dove products is the scent and they way they feel on my face, body or hair -really nice and soothing.

May 02, 2012

I tried the beauty bar and it leave my skin soft.
    I found the smell a bit overpowering and it is not a young smell. I personally prefer shower gel and fruity scent.
    My boyfriend don't like the smell at all.
    The product is not expensive and gives great results but is not really different than other Dove beauty bar...I did not find any differences in the softness or facility to rinse than other original dove bar.
    The beauty bar is a great product and the price is very good but it is definitely not the kind of odor I want to wear.
    Also, I really prefer shower gel and beauty bar did not convinced me to changed my usual shower gel for Beauty bar.

Mart

What I Liked:
    I recieved this product to try as a part of the Product Review Club. I liked that it is packaged with two bars, so I have one to share. I also like that bar soaps are packaged in cardboard, as it is biodegradable and slightly better for the environment than the plastic bottles that liquid soaps come in. The bar has a fresh and calming scent, and is contoured to fit the curves of the body. I used the bar to shave and had no problems with the razor drag or dry skin, which is what I find other bar soaps do. It made my skin feel smooth and moisturized after washing off the soap - normal soaps tend to leave my skin feeling very tight. It left my skin with a subtle, pleasant smell that was not overpowering.

What I Disliked:
    Upon opening the package in the mail, I could already smell the soap through the cardboard and cling wrapped package, I found the scent to be VERY strong, much stronger than soaps I tend to buy. The smell was nice, but if it were a little more subtle it would be much less overwhelming. Because the bar is so moisturizing, it leaves the hands soft and slippery after using it, so I found it hard to firmly grasp the slippery bar and I ended up dropping it a few times. The bar did not work up a thick and rich lather like other brands I have used.

Who I would Recommend to:
    I would recommend the Dove Beauty bar to those who prefer bar soaps over liquid soaps, as it is the best bar soap I have encountered. If you are a fan of the classic, soap smell, this is the product for you. I personally found the scent overpowering, which was unfortunate because it was a nice smell, so if you are sensitive to fragrances this may not be the product for you. It is multi-purpose, so if you want to save space in the shower, this bar can be used all over the body, and for shaving.

Would I Buy:
    If the product is inexpensive, and there is a version with a less powerful scent, I may pick this up.... but I personally enjoy liquid body washes.

May 02, 2012

It wasn't drying and I like that in a facial cleansing product. It smelled great too, not too overpowering. My daughter enjoyed it too.

May 02, 2012

I recently got selected by Chick Advisor to review the Dove Beauty Bar for free.

My overall experience with this Beauty Bar was very good - I used it as a lather to shave my legs and it worked really well. It didn't dry out my skin, and allowed for a close shave. I enjoyed the light scent of the soap, but I prefer a soap with a stronger scent.

In comparison to my regular soap (Zest), it is much better at keeping my skin moisturized. I live in a rural area and have hard water, so it is nice to have a soap that helps to keep my skin moisturized.

I think I would consider switching to this brand if the price was right. I generally seek products that are good value, or have coupons available. I am very grateful that I was able to test this product for free, and will most definitely recommend it to family & friends. Thank you Chick Advisor!

May 02, 2012

I just tried the Dove Beauty Bar as part of the product review club and it was great. It has a mild scent and even though I don't love a lot of fragrance this was ok. I have sensitive skin but this product was smooth and didn't give me any acne. It also wasn't drying. I still think I prefer Ivory over the Dove but overall this is a good alternative.