Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro Whipped Cream Reviews

July 14, 2018

Great for dry skin

I love this face cream! I have very dry skin and this hydrates well. It has a heavy texture, but doesn’t feel heavy on my face. It is expensive but a little goes a long way!

June 26, 2018

Nice daily moisturizer

I bought a travel set that included this product to test before purchasing the full size. This is a heavy texture cream, but a little goes a long way. It is not heavy or greasy feeling when applied to the skin. I use this with the C-firma and then wear foundation on top.

June 21, 2018

Drunk in whipped love!

I have very sensitive skin. I trust very few products. However, this product really did wonders for my face. It provides extreme moisture, leaving your face feeling creamy but not greasy. It lasts the entire day, and feels amazing before bed. I highly suggest this product if you have dry, sensitive skin. It provides a natural glow all day long.

June 09, 2018

Light and moisturizing at the same time

This is really nice if you have dry skin! Its a thick, hydrating cream so its great for people with really dry skin. My skin is so dry that this is totally fine for me as a day cream, doesnt feel greasy at all, otherwise someone might find it too thick for daytime/summer. Only issue is the price, its a great cream but Drunk Elephant is so pricey and I think you could find something comparable for much less!

May 16, 2018

It's so thick!

This feels very thick for a face cream to me. It's not specified as a night cream, so I assume that it's to be used day or night. It feels almost like a ultra moisturizing hand cream for parched skin. Not for me and would not buy again.

May 04, 2018

Moisture baby!

I love this whipped facial moisturizer!

Usually whipped moisturizers are fun but don’t provide my skin with enough moisture to survive the Canadian winters!

This cream does not disappoint!

Used in conjunction with the vitamin c serum, it’s a match made in heaven!

April 19, 2018

Good overall moisturizer

Great moisturizer!!! leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. Have been using it for 2weeks now and though I haven't noticed any difference in firmness I do like the feeling it leaves on my face, I took one star off because as a combination borderline oily face girl this cream will not be my go to over the summer since it might be a bit too heavy during that time, but come wintertime I might let myself splurge a little.

April 17, 2018

It’s so-so!

I purchased this mainly because of the reviews on the Sephora website. I was very excited to try this however, I am very disappointed with the packaging. This comes in a pump dispenser and majority of the time the pump does not work :(

April 05, 2018

I’m drunk with excitement.

I’m a 27 female with combination, sensitive and acne prone skin. Normally I only spend the big bucks on my cosmetics. I have been very lucky previously with drugstore brands. A short while ago I began a Rx retinol gel to tackle some relentless acne. The side effects of this gel is horrendously dry skin; I’m talking peeling like I had a sunburn in the dead of a Canadian winter. While my hyaluronic acid gel cream was helping, it unfortunately was not doing enough. I initially tried the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and while I loved the texture, it broke me out. After a ton of research I stumbled across Drunk Elephant and fell in love online with the natural ingredients. I was wary at first as other cremes I have tried have been too heavy for day time use and I needed that day time moisture. I went to Sephora to score a sample and I was honestly blown away. Don’t get me wrong, this is a thick moisturizer. I was initially terrified as my skin tends to be on the oilier side and I was convinced this wouldn’t work as it appears super heavy, but wasn’t I ever wrong. The Lala absorbs super quickly to a gorgeous matte finish that I can wear all day sans makeup. When I do wear makeup it sits so nicely on top and I am without oil all day. If you’re generally a drugstore junkie, the $75 price tag can be scary but I 100% recommend it if you’re in need of serious moisture and you have sensitive skin. I use very little with great benefits so it is set to last. I love Drunk Elephants philosophy with natural ingredients, and honestly their packaging is adorable and functional as they all strive to maintain freshness and quality. Drunk Elephant has opened me up to a whole new world of “worth it” pricey products.

January 13, 2018

Love it!

I LOVE Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream moisturizer! I swear it is the bomb of face creams! I had seen lots of great reviews for this cream online before buying it, and found out that it was an Allure beauty award winner too, so I really wanted to try it. I wasn't sure whether or not it was worth biting the bullet and paying the $75 CAD for this cream, but trust me, it really is worth every penny. (I actually bought mine at the Sephora 20% off sale - tip!) It is soft and luxurious and feels so good on my skin. It's not slimey or greasy at all, and it absorbs nicely into your skin. The cooler thing about this cream, I think, is that the container is in a pot that is completely air tight - it's the craziest little thing! Oh, and one pot lasts a while too, so not to worry, you're not investing your money into something that's only going to last you 2 seconds.