Elf Poreless Putty Primer Reviews

0.7/5

February 29, 2020

Did not work for my huge pores

Unfortunately the matte version did not work for my oily skin and large pores. I waited so long for this to come to our Canadian stores after every make up blogger raved about this. I have super oily acne prone skin and it did not fill my large pores no matter what way I applied it. It didn’t even make my oily skin matte. So disappointed!

February 26, 2020

Favorite primer!

I had discovered the poreless putty primer right before Christmas which is my busy season at work as I am a waitress. It’s rare that we have time to take breaks therefore I don’t have time to touch up my makeup during busy shifts. This primer keeps my makeup looking smooth and matte all day. Some days I do find my skin getting a bit oily but I’m thinking it’s just from the amount I put on that day.
    I would definitely recommend !

February 23, 2020

Cheap and effective

I can see how this product gets really good reviews. It applies easily and worked well under my makeup. I also have a hard time finding products that work well with the sunscreen I use and this primer did not make my product ball up. I would recommend it to people looking for a cheap and effective primer, however it did cause me to break out in tiny bumps. Good primer, just not for me.

January 30, 2020
    Tennessee, United States

Amazing primer!

I’m absolutely obsessed with this primer! It truly makes my skin look so smooth and I have fairly large pores on my cheeks and nose! Not to mention the price is unbeatable

January 28, 2020

amazing!

One of my favourite new products. I wear this everyday, even on no makeup days! My skin looks even and fresh after. I go through about a container a month with daily use, which isn’t bad for the price. It’s easy to use and my skin has never looked better!

January 03, 2020

I love this product! Great for dry skin!

I really love this product!!!, it’s easy to apply, a little goes a long way and it helps my makeup last all day! Also it’s very affordable! I definitely recommend this product!

1.5/5

October 15, 2019
    United Kingdom

Do not buy this primer!

After seeing countless good reviews of this primer I thought I would give it a try. I normally use the benefit porefessional primer as I do have very visible pores on my nose and around my cheek area and I do have an oily t zone. I was excited to try this product but as soon as I touched it it felt greasy, the primer did smooth my skin and slightly fill my pores but not as much as I would have hoped. After applying my makeup I went out for lunch, I was back after about 2 hours and couldn’t believe how horrible my foundation looked where I had applied the primer, it was oily and had pretty much slid off of my face. I would not recommend this primer, although elf does have a number of really good primers. This is not one of them.

September 12, 2019
    California, United States

It really works!

I really enjoyed this primer. I love how creamy this primer is. It just melts into your skin. When I first apply it, it does feel and look very pore filling. After applying foundation it felt really nice and I could still see my pores but not very much. I know it's supposed to be a dupe for the Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer but I haven't tried that one so I can't compare. I did notice that my foundation lasted very well though out the day. I was still a little oily on my t-zone area, like I usually am. I really liked this primer and it's amazing for the prize.

July 23, 2019

Game changer

Primer applies beautifully on the skin and gives the skin a radiant, hydrated look. It’s tacky to touch but that’s what helps the foundation lay on top beautifully!

May 31, 2019

Definitely worth the hype!

When Elf first released this product everyone said it would be a great dupe for the Tatcha Silk Canvas Face Primer. Then the reviews came in and it was true. I already have the Silk Canvas primer so I know i had to get the putty primer to try them side by side. I LOVE IT!! I find myself using it everyday, not just when I wear makeup but also when I have my bare faced days. It leaves the skin smooth, and seamless. Not one pore can be seen, your foundation and concealer blend ridiculously well over it. I love it so much, and I can't wait to purchase back ups.