essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder Reviews
#9 in Powder

March 06, 2015

I bought this, because I needed a translucent powder & this is affordable. It was meh for me, I had to really load the brush to get the product and work the brush to blend, if I didn't I had visible white powder over me face. The packaging is poor, the lid broke.

January 31, 2015

I never use powder makeup and I was nervous to purchase this. Im so so happy that I did because its light weight and works great to cover up shine and blend everything in!

January 26, 2015

Love this product. Must be the best I have ever used from over the years.. And the price is amazing for the quality

January 03, 2015

I actually really like this powder! It goes on nicely, never gets cakey. It covers nicely and makes your skin look amazing. I like it better than the cover girl and loreal powders. And you cant beat the price at all!!

December 07, 2014

I haven't tried too many different powders so I haven't got that much to compare this one to, but I love this one! Such an affordable product that works really well to keep my foundation in place. Even if I'm not wearing foundation that day, I can put on this powder and it just refreshes my skin and makes it look so much better. No problems with cakiness, you don't get any of that with this powder, and it will work for all skin tones and I think it should be fine for all skin types as well.
    My only complaint is the cheap packaging. The lid broke off of mine so I have to be super careful when using it now.

September 17, 2014

I have tried two different colorless matt powders in the past :
    L'oreal Matt Powder and NARS (which I was told is the best to buy out there).

Not to put down those two products, but seeing Essence products for the first time I decided to spend the $4 price because...that's a cup of coffee.

It had a great finish (no white residue, sorry L'Oreal!) and a good amount for the price (sorry NARS!).

Purchased my third one today and don't see any reason to try other brands that would be more expensive.

Tiny downfall - if you need to find one - no brush comes with it. Use those fancy face brushes we've all invested in ladies. :-)

August 05, 2014

I read a ton of good reviews on this powder and headed to my nearest Shoppers to get it right away. In addition to promises of keeping my skin matte, I was taken in by the cute packaging and of course, the price. I bought it for merely $4.99 and I figured it would be no big loss even if I didn't like it.

Before using this powder I was using Ben Nye's Neutral Set. It is certainly HG material, but I have a giant bottle of it and need to lug it along with a dish to dispense the powder for application. As I travel often, it is not the most convenient option and I was looking for a compact form of the same thing. The idea of this Essence powder was a godsend, as it was easy to carry around and offered the same function.

Using a large fluffy brush, I swirl it around the compact to pick up powder and stipple it onto my face, especially around the T-zone. It mattifies instantly, and I was impressed at the difference it made when I was applying the rest of my makeup. While I still love a dewy finish and apply highlighter every day, it was amazing to work with a clean canvas rather than my usual oil slick of a face. The texture is smooth and makes me look like I'm not even wearing makeup. I can still feel the powder on my face but it is not uncomfortable.

However, after about 3 or 4 hours I started to get shiny again, and needed to blot my face. This could be because I didn't use enough powder or press it into my face well enough. It is in any case a small complaint as I have incredibly oily skin and even the Ben Nye cannot keep me matte all day.

I would definitely buy this product again for the convenience and the nice packaging. I plan to get one for my purse and apply it with a powder puff to see if there is any difference in the longevity. I would recommend this for people with oily skin, as it is a cheap and nice alternative to more expensive mattifying powders.

June 17, 2014

Overall for the price (under 5$) its pretty good for a fixing powder just don't expect much of it. However I would recommend investing in a slightly more effective powder even if its more expensive. I use this one as a quick go between when i dont have the time to buy a better compact powder or if i cant afford one!

June 01, 2014

Love love love this! It's so light, doesn't create washed out pale skin and is super cheap. Perfect for my greasy skin and really makes the shine disappear.

October 03, 2013

when i first found this product line the first thing i saw was $$$ it is a very inexpensive line. the powder is excellent i don't wear a liquid foundation because I'm always on the go so the powder just to take the shine off and it works amazingly well it hasnt cracked yet(knock on wood) like the others do and i have had it for three weeks now . i love the essence product line