essie Treat Love & Color Reviews
#12 in Nail Polish

TREAT LOVE & COLOR offers stronger nails in just one week in our first advanced, 1-step strength and color formula. no base or top coat needed. hard-hitting results in shades that will knock you off your feet.

TREAT LOVE & COLOR renforce les ongles en aussi peu qu’une semaine avec sa formule couleur fortifiante avancée en une étape. aucune couche de base n’est nécessaire. des résultats saisissants dans des nuances à tomber par terre.

March 28, 2018

Bye bye acrylics

This Essie nail polish is easy to apply, lasts long and after 2 weeks of using it, I can say that my nails are stronger and healthier than ever before.
    I received it as part of the chick advisor review club and will definitely purchase more shades.

Great Colour!

Essie has always been one of my fav nail brands, their colours are so opaque! This one only needed one coat and my nails were painted to perfection. The only thing is that the bristles of the brush were a little frayed which made it a bit difficult to get clean lines but that was probably just one defect in the one I had.

2.3/5

Sheer but cute

I received my polish in Laven- dearly & I was expecting it to be a little more opaque. It does say translucent however it’s sheen has a white cast so it doesn’t really look like someone finished their nails!

March 27, 2018

Great base for colour and treatment!

I got the shade Cream Finish, which is an opaque cream glossy finish as the name states. I chose this colour because it would not only be a great stand alone colour, but its also a great base colour to use for lighter shades on top.
    I do think that this polish has helped strengthen my brittle nails as there was less peeling. The polish itself stayed for about a week after chipping, which is about average for myself.

*I received this product as part of ChickAdvisor's PRC.

March 26, 2018

Easy to use

I always love Essie products so I was excited to get my hands on this nail polish.

I live in a very dry climate, so thin and brittle nails are something I always deal with. The strengthening claim was very interesting to me, as well as the fact that you don't have to use a base or top coat.

The polish was thick and went on smoothly. I thought the coverage was highly pigmented and full coverage. You could only do one coat but I opted for two. I found it longlasting, but in the future, I think i'll add a topcoat for a little extra strength.

I'm looking forward to wearing it long-term and seeing the strengthening benefits.

I received this product complimentary in exchange for my honest review.

March 25, 2018

Great coverage but would benefit from a top coat

I received this product free from Chick Advisor for review.

I chose the color "A-game", which is a deep dusty burgundy. I paired it with another of essie's regular polish "penny talk" to compare wear (it just so happened that the colors complement each other very well!) This polish is an all in one, so I didn't use a base coat, nor a top coat. The polish applies like butter. It's a beautiful thick polish that you can almost get away with one coat. It dries quickly and I was able to resume my day within 15 minutes of applying the polish with no bumps or dents. The polish dries to a decent shine and seemed significantly darker once dry on my nails than it looked in the bottle. The brush isn't perfect. I found mine to be jagged and it took some maneuvering but the formula was really easy to work with so it was a little more forgiving of the jagged brush.

The first 2 days of the polish were flawless, there was no shrinkage, I didn't have any issues with cracking or chipping and this is all while going about my normal routine (Which includes washing dishes by hand) By the time day 3 came around there was noticeable tip wear of both the Essie TLC line and their regular polish. I was expecting more for staying power as I really don't see a difference between their regular polish and this TLC polish without a top coat. I think you can get away without the base coat, it has held on to my nail and it seems to be a decent strengthener (for the 4 days it's been on) but the tips wear and with my choice being a darker color I definitely notice the white line at the tip of my nails. Next time I use this color I'll reach for a top coat.

As a side note for those that do nail stamping. This polish is thick and stamps wonderfully! But I come back to use a top coat because the stamping was starting to rub off after 3 days. I've also attached some photos. The first coat (it covers very well in one coat!) Two coats which has stamping, and then after 3 days of wear showing the wear on the tips. Both lines of polish have near identical wear with no top coat. I usually get 5-7 days out of a manicure.

I was a little disappointed in the color selection. These are excellent fall colors, but coming up on spring I would really be looking for a bright full coverage color. I found these colors to be a little more dusty or sheer than I would have looked for in a spring line. Then again the swathes here don't do the colors justice. I'll be keeping my eye on this line!

2.7/5

March 24, 2018

Nothing special, finish is weird

I didn’t like this product very much. The colour and opacity of the polish was fine. But I didn’t find it did anything at all for the health of my nails. I also found that the finish on the polish was weird. It was almost matte but not quite and it felt unpleasant to me. I didn’t use a top coat, I bought it when travelling and I forgot my nail stuff, and it chipped very quickly. For the price it didn’t do as well as I had hoped. I won’t buy any more of these, they just didn’t do it for me.

Saskatchewan, Canada

Renewed my faith in the essie brand

I have had issues with essie polish peeling off in the past, but this shade didn't disappoint. I have been wearing it for a few days now and have washed dishes, did laundry and housework, and I only have minor chips from where I picked at them! The color is gorgeous and would be perfect for a classy event or a sexy night out. I received this product free as a gift, and am planning to add many more shades to my collection!

Favourite Nail Polish

I have tried many nail polishes over the years, however, this one has been my favourite! Instead of harming my nails this helps them grow and it’s an all in one! I love that. I got it free from the chickadvisor review panel. I love this stuff.

3.2/5

New Polish

I wasn't actually crazy about this polish. It didn't last as long as normal essie polishes last for me. I noticed my nails still chipped and peeled. The color was very pretty though. I received the mauve color