Febreze Car Vent Clips Freshener in Linen & Sky Reviews
#1 in Misc

*On low and under ambient conditions

March 13, 2012

I got the opportunity to test out Febreze Car Vent Clip Freshener and actually was surprised. I thought the smell might be too much as I sometimes can be a little sensitive to perfumes but this was the perfect amount of freshness. Not too much and not too little. I have a boxer pup so sometimes the smell of dog fills the car or from my husband's sports gear.. but this got rid of it all. I would recommend friends and other to at least try to product. The price isn't too bad either!

March 13, 2012

I received a free sample from Febreze and ChickAdvisor as part of their product review panel.

I was excited to try this product out as I always love getting into a nice smelling vehicle and I'm always looking for new car fresheners that will last. As soon as I received it in the mail, I ran to my car to start using it. It's very easy to use, you just clip it on your vent and that's it. When I saw the scent I wasn't too excited because I normally don't like linen scent but I decided to give it a try. I found that the scent was too overpowering even on the lowest setting but when I changed the venting, it was better and less strong. The scent does last a long time as promised. Overall the smell wasn't awful and if it's your kind of scent, I'd definitely recommend it. I would probably buy this again, but in another scent.

March 13, 2012

I was one of the lucky ones who were chosen to sample the Febreze Car Vent Clips for Chick Advisor. I am glad I got to try it out, there were things I really liked and things I was not super excited about. The price is a catch point for me, I have seen the product on sale for $2.99 and I would totally buy it at that price point but I wouldn't get it much above that. The air freshener (I got the scent linen & sky) is very easy to use. You clip it to a vent in the car and switch the settings to the amount of scent you want it to emit. On the lowest setting under ambient temperatures Febreze suggests it should last about 30 days. In our vehicle I started with the lowest setting (not a huge fan of overpowering smells) and although it did freshen up the car I found the smell too strong, especially when the heat was on. I eventually moved it back to a vent at the back of the van and I preferred the smell better that way but the kids found it a bit too strong. Since we tested the product in the winter/early spring I would be concerned about how strong the smell would be in the summer when it gets hot out. So I did pull the product out of the car. I think I would rather put it in for a day or two to get rid of an unwanted smell then remove it.
    I did try the product on our work trucks though. Our work trucks consistently have a special 'funky' smell to them. The product worked very well. The smell has been eliminated (at least for now) and it was achieved without soaking the seats with febreze. I still won't leave the product in the trucks for an extended period of time but I would totally buy it again (on sale) for our work trucks.
    Ultimately I like the product but I wish their lowest setting was even lower, it truly is still too strong. However, like most febreze products, the vent clips work well and are easy to use.

1.3/5

March 13, 2012

First off I’d like to thank Febreze and ChickAdvisor for giving me the opportunity to try the new Febreze Car Vent Air Freshener. I read some of the other reviews about this air freshener that have bin posted before I even received mine and was curious just how I’d like it and if it was even going to be full. I don’t like air fresheners that overwhelm you and from what I was reading from the other ladies some had said it was pretty strong. Well when I got mine my husband took it from me and put it in his truck. After driving around all day he walked in the house and he said, “This thing is a peace of junk, it doesn’t even work.” So I took it back from him and put it in my car. I thought he was just being a man and didn’t know how to work it. Unfortunately he was right, it didn’t work no matter what I did to try and make it work. So I guess I got the faulty one out of the group. Now if I would have paid for this in a store, I wouldn’t have bin to please with it, or the maker’s of Febreze. When I buy something I expect it to work, like we all do. I was really looking forward to trying out the new Febreze Car Vent Air Freshener and had hi hopes for it, but I just can’t give something a good review when it doesn’t even work right out of the package. Sorry Febreze and sorry ladies.

Updated On: March 16, 2012

When the ladies at ChickaAdvisor found out the car vent they sent me wasn't working, they were nice enough to send me out another one right away. This one works great! So I have to change my Fugheddaboutit to a YouBetcha! This new one worked as soon as I clipped it on and turned me air on. Yes I said my air not my heat, it was 76F where I live the day I got my new car vent, so I tried it with my air on. At first I had it on a vent that was close to the drivers seat, but even with it on low it was a bit to strong for me, so I just moved it so it wasn't blowing in my face. My car smells like my laundry room now, fresh and inviting not stale and smoky. I'd definitely recommend you give the new Febreze Car Vent Air Freshener a try, I know you'll love it. Thanks again ladies and thanks Febreze.

March 12, 2012

I received the Febreze Car Vent clip as part of Chick Advisor's product review club. I'm a mom to two boys in rep hockey and it isn't unusual for their to be several hockey bags in my van at any given time. Needless to say, it can get a bit stinky. However, I'm not a big fan of air fresheners or strong scents. On the low setting, the car vent clip provided just enough fragrance so that hockey bag odour was unnoticeable. The scent is pleasant, fresh and clean smelling. When the heat was on full blast, I did find the scent a little too strong for me, but I fixed that by moving it to a vent further away from the driver's seat. The actual product is very tiny and doesn't get in the way of anything or clutter up the vehicle. I also like that it doesn't dangle from the rearview mirror - I don't like the appearance of that and I don't like things obstructing my view . I would definitely recommend the product as a replacement for those who use air fresheners in their vehicles. I found the scent a little on the strong side, so I'm not sure yet whether I will replace it when it is gone. I would love it if they made a slightly milder version or had an even lower scent release setting.

March 12, 2012

I received this item through ChickAdvisor's product review club. I don't really use any air fresheners in my car, so this was one welcome surprise. The smell itself was amazing, but make sure you use the settings. Even on the low setting the scent could get a little overpowering for those with sensitive scent palettes.

The product itself was very easy to use, with instructions on the back. You first have to flip the clip up then just simply clip the product to your car vent. How easy is that? It has a very nice pleasant scent, similar to that of a fresh morning dewy day. It totally cleans out the scent of whatever nasty may be in your car.

March 12, 2012

I was excited to receive this product as I am always looking for air fresheners that are effective but not overbearing and I think that the Febreze car vent is a great solution!

First of all, the product is super easy to use. It easily clips into the vent without any struggle and does not fall off. I love the Linen and Sky scent, it is not overbearing or overly fake smelling. It is fresh and distributes the scent evenly throughout the car.

I preferred this product to other car air fresheners I have tried. I loved the scent and how it nicely clipped into the vent rather than hanging from the mirror. I love the Febreze scents and was not disappointed by this product.

I would definitely purchase this product again and recommend it to a friend. I think that the price is very affordable and thanks Febreze and ChickAdvisor for this opportunity!

March 11, 2012

I received this product to review through Chick Advisor. Thank you ladies, and thank you Febreze!

I thought this product was interesting. It had its pros, but it also had its cons. I let my dad and step mom use it as well, and they had basically the same opinions as I did.

I found the product to be really easy to use; I liked how it clipped into the vent instead of dangled from the rear view mirror or something similar. The scent to me was overbearing; it was really strong. It smelled nice, I thought. My parents disagreed; they thought it was nice to a point but the strength of it was too much, so it ruined it. They had to stop using it after about 5 minutes because it was that strong; both of them have sensitivities to strong scents. I do not, but I still found it a little strong.

I did not try to use it in the back seat instead of the front vents. Maybe that would have helped because it wouldn't have been right in my face the whole time.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes the scent (it smells like fresh laundry, I think, which I love. My dad did not... it's an acquired taste) and whoever can bear a strong scent. For now, I will personally keep using the dangly ones unless I can find a clip-on one like this one that smells a little less strong.

Updated On: March 11, 2012

Oh, one more thing. I should note that the whole time, we had the air freshener on the lowest setting, and it was still overpowering.

March 10, 2012

I received the Febreze Car Vent clip as part of the review club and I was very excited upon its arrival. I always use air fresheners in my car and was very excited to try something new. I noticed before setting it up that the sample did not come filled. If this were a product I paid for I would be disappointed. The clip did not fit right on my air vent and thus it looks funny as it sticks out far. The smell is very strong even on the low setting but this can be easily controlled by changing your venting. The overall smell is wonderful however for the amount of purchasing this product versus the fresheners that hang on your mirror I would not buy it.

March 10, 2012

I also got this product as part of the review club. I clipped it in my minivan right away. I started it out on the lowest setting, even then it was WAY too strong. I am sensitive to some smells, I get migraines. I only had this clipped on for 15mins when I felt a migraine coming on. My husband also started sneezing and eyes watering. It may just be the particular scent, I got Linen & Sky (which smells like laundry soap, or dryer sheets!)...maybe Vanilla or something fuity would bet much better for us. But the Product def does work, and lasts a long time. Even after taking the clip back out of the van, the van still smelled fresh the next day! I would totally buy this product again, but in a different scent!!