Fenty Beauty Match Stix Trio Reviews
#6 in Makeup

January 17, 2018

Such a great product!

Before I get into the review portion of this review (hah), I believe that I should tell you a story. My boyfriend’s mom gave me a (very generous) mall giftcard for Christmas, and after weeks of avoiding the mall, I finally decided to go with my sister when she was home for her last visit. We looked at clothing, books, and some other things, but eventually we were drawn to Sephora because I absolutely needed a new contour kit. Up to this point, I’d been using the basic E.L.F. contour kit, which I really like, don’t get me wrong. But I had a gift card, and I thought that it was time to upgrade in that department. I’d already upgraded my mascara, eyeshadow, primer, etc. etc. and I had the gift card, so I had no excuse.

We went inside, and spent close to 2 hours looking around! In my defence, we spent a bit of time having our skin hydration tested, and then doing a colour ID test, so that we would know which foundations to go with in the story. I highly recommend getting both tests done, because they’re free, and they’re quick, and save you so much time in figuring out which skin care and makeup products from Sephora are best for you! Then we looked at contour sets for me, but became so lost in all of the options that we ended up asking for help from one of the employees. She was very nice and showed us a diverse variety of contour sets and options, from powder palettes, to cream sticks.

But then the time came for decision-making, and that took a while. I’d been using a dry/powder contour set before, but since my skin is combination skin, I have an issue with both oiliness and dryness. Fun. I know. So, the powder contour set probably didn’t help in the dryness department, so I started leaning more toward contour sticks. Plus, I’d been seeing them around on social media and stuff, and wanted to give them a try anyway. I think that due to the placement of the brand, the employee didn’t show us anything from the Fenty Beauty line. And I’m glad that my sister was with me, because together we came to the realization that we hadn’t even seen any of those products in person yet!

I laid my eyes on the match stix section, and fell in love. Just like with the Fenty foundations, there were so many colour options, it was amazing. We swatched a few different shades, to the point where our hands were covered in product, and I finally settled on buying one of the match stix trios, because you get 3 match stixs for a better price than you would if you were to buy 3 of them individually. I was also lucky enough to find a set that had the colours best suited to my skin tone, the “Linen,” “Amber,” “Starstruck” trio, and oh my gosh I still can’t get over how in love I am with those colours and just the product quality.

So, I had tried them on my hands while in Sephora, but once we got home with our purchases, it was time to test the stix on the skins of our faces! I cannot tell you how excited I was. The product is very easy to layer, meaning that you can keep rolling it over your skin depending on how pigmented you want your look to be. So, for example, say with the Amber for the contouring, I could do 1-2 swipes for a light shadow, maybe for a daytime look, or I could do 3-6 swipes for a darker shadow better suite for night time, low lighting, etc. Same thing applies with the concealer, depending on how much you need to conceal, and the highlighter, depending on how bright you want those sections of your face to be. You can also adjust your look depending on how much you blend the product with your fingers or with a brush.

I’m silly and didn’t take any photos of my face with the product on that didn’t have a Snapchat filter on it, but that didn’t really mess with the colouring, and I felt very pretty, haha. The product is feather-light, as is advertised, and blended extremely well. After taking about a million selfies, I also did a swatch on my arm (image below), which I think will show you more accurately how the match stix interact with my particular skin tone. In the image, I made a 1-3 swipes of the product, just to show you more pigmentation, and then in the same shade, I did 1-3 more swipes below, and blended it. I did this with all the 3 shades. The top 2 were the concealer in “Linen,” the middle 2 were the the contour stick in “Amber,” and the bottom 2 the highlighter in “Starstruck.”

I had on a base of lightly-tinted BB cream mixed with a hint of concealer for just a bit more coverage, and I also had a tiny bit of blush on. But these layers, combined with the match stix felt so light, that it was as if I was not wearing anything on my face at all! You see, that had been one of my worries when I started considering contour sticks. Because if they’re too creamy, you can kind of feel them on your face. But the Fenty stix have a cream-to-powder formula, which I think is (and feels) amazing. Also, I completely forgot to rave about the packaging of the match stix, which I think looks very simple and elegant, and the fact that the match stix are magnetized! I’d never come across another cosmetic product quite like this, and now I truly understand why the Fenty Beauty line is so sought-after, and is doing so well!

January 14, 2018

Yes hunny!

The contour shade in the Light range is amazing. I have yet to find the right cream shade for contouring until now! The concealer is also great for covering imperfections and minimizing the look of pores in those areas.

The only thing I didn't like in the collection was the shimmer as it did not have any pay off when used. This resulted in the loss in value as the set is $67 but each individual stix is ~$30. If I had found any use for the starstruck shimmer than value would have been there but unfortunately I found it to be a flop!

December 26, 2017

Amber for contour

I didn’t buy the trio - just the single stick (Amber). What I love about this shade is the cool/grey tone that is perfect for contouring. It creates amazing shadows.

The actual application is not as quick and easy as I’d like. I can contour my face directly, but I need to blend it with my hands (to first warm up the product) and then a brush. I have warm undertones, so if I don’t blend it out properly, sometimes it can look muddy.

I love the packaging, but I just wish it had more product (esp for the price). If you roll up the entire stick, you’ll realize it’s not a full tube - and personally, I’ve been going through the stick pretty quickly.

December 07, 2017

FENTY BEAUTY MATCH STIX TRIO YES HUNNY!

'That Rihanna reign just won't let up!!!' The Match Stix Trio is beautifully packaged for starters with the octagonal containers being magnetic so they connect together in your makeup bag which means finding them is a breeze when you're in a rush.

The consistency is smooth and creamy, which makes it glide on your skin when applying and this makes blending a breeze!!

It smells great and compliments a range of skin tones which is beautiful in my opinion and means you can share it if you're into having your makeup done by friend when them come over etc!

Rihanna did amazing! Read my other review regarding Fenty Beauty for more information! #FentyBeauty #ChickReview

September 26, 2017

Great product!!

The makeup sticks are creamy, pigmented and very easy to blend. I purchased the light set and love the colours! The highlighter is gorgeous and the concealer stick is easy to use with great coverage. This trio makes contouring a breeze!! Love this product! Not sure why the packaging is magnetic, but it's kind of fun and nicely keeps the trio together.

2.8/5

September 20, 2017

Love some and hate some.

OH BOY.. These stix I am very mixed on. The great things about the trio is you are basically getting 1 for free so if there are 2 out of the 3 technically you are getting your money's worth. I suppose but because Fenty Beauty offers so many colours in range of foundation they should have had a bit more separation for their trio sets as well.This trio also was all over the place for colours. The light colour was VERY yellow and the contour was VERY cool and the shimmer was in the middle. This basically wouldn't work out for anyone. If your skin is very yellow that dark shade is going to look super grey and if you're cool tones the light one will not work for you.

To start, the magnetizing thing is cute but a total waste. I would rather pay 5 dollars less and have things just be normal. Also if you have anything else magnet in your purse as your carrying it it's gonna all stick together. Finally, We stopped using magnetized purses because it can demagnetize your debit and credit cards... I'm assuming the magnet in this product is not special and can probably also cause issues if it comes in contact with your card's strip.

The Matte sticks: I really loved the colour of the contour on me but it just didn't blend out the way I wanted to. As you can see from about the "concealer" stick was far too dark for my skin. I will also say that it was more of a highlight then a concealer. It was very thin and had no coverage at all.

Just when you thought I was going to be completely negative here comes the shimmer stick love. They are awesome products and of all that I tried things I would buy again.Now the reason I love these is you can use them all over. They can be used as a shimmer shadow, blush, highlighting and even on the lips.

September 20, 2017

Contour don't cover

I bought this trio to try out Rihanna's new makeup as I've been wanting a go to, speedy way to contour without looking heavily made up. I was a bit afraid to try he selection for lighter skin since a lot of products can be too orange for me. But the tones are beautiful, soft and natural for regular use. The formula is soft, creamy and blends super easily. It doesn't go on chunky or stain he skin in one blob like I've found with others. It also has a nice matte finish that didn't trigger my acne. This has made me excited to try more of their products especially since its been confirmed to be cruelty free!

September 17, 2017

Great new product

INCREDIBLE COVERAGE!
    This is my new favourite - it glides on so smoothly and seamlessly, and covers all my discolouration and redness! It minimises pores and doesn't sink into smile or forehead lines. Not to mention the incredible colour range

September 14, 2017

Unique

Right when I say Fenty release I was eyeing the trio. I honestly love the highlight stick over the powder, it personally works better on my skin and the colour payoff is amazing! Not a huge fan of the concealer because it creases for me over time and slide away even though I use a primer. But it's just the formula and I expected it when I ordered it online. But overall really like the trio!

September 10, 2017

Very great product to try the new brand!

I chose the Match Stix Trio after eyeing the Shimmer Stix in Starstruck and saw it was a part of the match stix trio in the Light 100 shade. First of all, I LOVE the packaging - it's heavy and luxurious feeling, and the magnetic feature was a great surprise and loved it. Each product sold separately is 0.25 oz and valued around $31 and for $67 Canadian for the trio, I thought this was the best value to try out multiple products of hers! The products apply easily and blend perfectly. I am super impressed and can't wait to try more of the Fenty Beauty Products!