3.9/5
Habitant Yellow Pea Soup Reviews
#113 in Misc

This Canadian favorite is one of the few Yellow Pea Soups on the market. Smooth, rich taste, ready to serve. Stock up today!

1.0/5

January 04, 2020

The recipe has been changed for the bad!

Just had a bowl of the pea soup without ham, and found it very disappointing.
    Rather than the old rich treat, it is now a watered down soup. Ingredients have also changed old recipe had 4 grams of fat with 2 grams of sugar and 650 mg of salt. The new recipe has 5 grams of fat (20% more) and 3 grams of sugar (33% more) and now 800mg of sodium (23% more)

December 18, 2019

My go to pea soup

I make homemade pea soup occasionally but when I don't have time I use Habitant yellow pea soup,it is my go to soup & to enhance this product I add leftover ham to it...it is as good as homemade & much quicker & easier

0.5/5

December 18, 2019

YOU CHANGED A 101 YEAR OLD FORMULA!

what is going on when we can't have things the way they used to be? change a lot of things BUT LEAVE MY HABITANT PEA SOUP ALONE! A very bad career move. We citizens of Canada will defect to another brand, because, in reality, the MAGIC is gone. When I was living in Florida, my Mom would ship the soup to me by the case. It is part of our Canadian Heritage, like Tim Horton's coffee.

I will never buy another can of this junk UNTIL you revive the old recipe!

John O'Dacre

2.0/5

December 17, 2019

Not Impressed

My 4 year old daughter requested pea soup for her birthday dinner today. I decided to humour her unusual and simple request and went ahead and bought some specifically for the occasion. The cans I bought previously tasted just fine. I opened both cans and it was pure water on the top and solid whole chickpeas sitting at the bottom. I thought it was odd, decided to cook it extra long to soften up the peas and then mashed them with a potato masher thinking that would fix the problem. I tasted it...not AT ALL like the pea soup we all know and love. I pray she won't notice cause what a disappointment on her special day! I don't recall there being modified corn starch in the original ingredients. My guess is the company is watering down, skimping on ingredients and then adding the corn starch to thicken the soup hoping we wouldn't notice! Fail! I won't be buying anymore if this is a permanent change and not just a bad batch. Effectiveness at veering customers away: 5 stars

December 12, 2019

Different

Noticing the same as a few others, watery, firmer peas and a different color : lighter yellow. Definitely not as good. They must of changed the recipe second can in a row

1.8/5

December 07, 2019

No longer my favourite

This has ALWAYS been our go to can soup. Bought some today and there are hardly any peas in it and the ones that are are firmer in texture...very watery. Not happy. If they changed the recipe, they are heading down a dark path of rejection!

3.2/5

December 02, 2019

New recipe? (watery/chunky experience)

I also grew up loving this but as other people mentioned the last batch I bought on sale has all been watery with much more solid peas in the bottom (as if they didn’t cook it enough or changed the recipe) This is no longer the good soup I remember, hopefully this was just a bad batch.

October 27, 2019

Did Campbells change the recipe. Last two cans were watery

I'm a life long Habitant Pea Soup lover but the last two cans have been very watery. Not at all what I'm accustomed to. Did Campbells change the recipe? Anyone else experience this?

May 13, 2019

Just like my Nanny use to make

This has been my go to soups for years, It taste exactly like my grandmother use to make, Now i think about it i bet she used this and claimed it to be homemade lol, So many memories with this soup. I like to add lots of Crackers to it !!

February 08, 2019

Soupe aux pois chiches

J'aime beaucoup cette soupe! Rapide à cuire et très bonne. Assez salé, mais pas trop mal. Cette soupe à une texture crémeuse et il y en contient quand même beaucoup. Pas cher du tout, j'en achète souvent lorsque je fais mon épicerie.