Head and shoulders instant oil control shampoo

Head and shoulders instant oil control shampoo Reviews

Ranked #160 out of 1102 in Shampoo

May 03, 2017

I have oily hair and always struggle with it. Once head and shoulders came out with this line I was so excited! First time use and I was able to go a few days with my hair still looking fresh!

April 05, 2017

I was a little concerned about buying this shampoo as I still remember the heavy scent of "dandruff shampoo" from long ago. I was pleasantly surprised. The scent probably isn't one I would choose over all other shampoos, but it was pleasant and not overpowering.

I get an itchy scalp and occasional flakes, which is why I decided to try this shampoo. It seemed to do the trick and I will continue to use it when I start having issues again as they're generally limited to winter.

March 29, 2017

I love this shampoo! I suffer from dandruff and this quickly corrects it when it gets bad. Also, I can tell the oil control is working as my roots stay clean for longer periods between washes. Highly recommended.

March 26, 2017

So let me tell you a little bit about my hair type. My hair is very long, it's colour treated, and I use heating tools almost every day. My ends are a bit dry but my scalp is very oily and always itchy which does cause flaking. Head and Shoulders Instant Oil Control Shampoo DOES get rid of the flakes. I don't have a single one left and that is very good but there is a BUT in this review :)

I used the product 3 times per week which was enough to get rid of any flaking. However, I first noticed this shampoo might not work the greatest for my hair type when I was lathering up. It's different in that it's a very thick and heavy shampoo and barely lathers at all. During rinsing, the heavy feeling remained and it was like I couldn't get it all out of my hair. My hair didn't feel clean. After drying and styling, it still felt heavy and my hair definitely looked weighed down and lacked volume. I didn't notice any difference with respect to the 'oil control' product claim. And the ends of my hair were more dried out than usual. With respect to getting rid of the flakes and scalp itchiness, this product works great. But with the side effect of heavy/weighed down hair, I don't really think it's worth it for me personally.

March 01, 2017

I love this shampoo! I dont actually have dandruff but I always find that shampoos dont make my hair feel clean but this one does! The smell is pretty great too!

October 21, 2016

I have not been able to find a oil control shampoo that works as well as this one does. I have such an oily scalp that I find it hard to find an effective shampoo that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I highly recommend this product.

October 21, 2016

I really recommend this product to people with oily hair. It leave my scalp feeling clean and my hair feels weightless. Only thing I hate is how I have to wait 5 minutes to wash out.

April 25, 2016

The Head and Shoulders Instant Oil Control shampoo did what it said it would. It helps with dandruff and doesn't weight your hair down or dry it out. Loved this shampoo and will get it again.

April 04, 2016

After two weeks of using Head and Shoulders Instant Oil Control Shampoo for free thanks to @bzzagent, I must tell you it is not for me. Head and Shoulders is a good quality brand that I have used before. This is the first formulation I have seen specific to oil control and I was surprised to see no companion conditioner or 2 in 1 option. Yes conditioners are heavy but my tips need the tlc.

I have fine, oily,and color treated hair which means I need light weight products that also combat the oil. The shampoo has a nice feel to it, lathers and rinses nicely, and it smells nice. My hair was blow dried a few times and air dried a few times. Both methods my hair felt clean, fresh, and soft after. The itching and flakes were also reduced. As a night time hair washer this is where the product fell short. By early evening the following day my hair were full of static and felt dry while my roots were oily. The static I was able to combat by applying a small amount of conditioner to my tips, a complementary conditioner or 2 in 1 would be great! The oil control was no better than other shampoos however. This shampoo will remain in my shower for when itchy scalp strikes…but it will not be used every shampoo and I will use a light conditioner on my tips.

March 31, 2016

The smell is fantastic!!! The name says it all, controls the oils of your hair and helps keep dandruff away. If you have really oily hair, I would definitely recommend this shampoo to you. If you have anyone in the household that doesn't have oily hair, and they use it, it really dries their hair out! Just make sure you let your family/roommates know if you share shampoo. Overall, I was impressed with the effectiveness of the shampoo and the smell is amazing! Looking forward to purchasing it in the future. Thanks to bzzagent for a free trail in return for an honest review!

Hunty added a new review for

inspire2be added a new review for
    IÖGO Creamy Yogurt

Hunty added a new review for
    The Lion King

nicolthepickle added a new review for
    IÖGO Probio Yogurt