Hoaka Swimwear Reviews
#7 in Swimwear

January 18, 2019

Definantly Recommend

My first hoaka and I am very impressed. My bikini came in 2 days. The quality is amazing but the top was a little big on me but it still works. I am a size 32B and i ordered a small in the top. I ordered and ex in the hip bottoms and they fit perfectly. The reason im giving it a 4 and a half out of 5 is because of the prices, it is expensive but it makes sense because the quality is great. It is usually 69 but I got it for 55 usd. I think that the prices should be in Canadian because the owner of the brand is Canadian. Plus having sales and discounts all the time is great! I think everyone should at least have 1 or 2 Hoakas! I will defs order more.

Updated On: January 18, 2019

i ordered an xs in the bottoms ***

0.5/5

January 11, 2019

Worst fitting swimsuits ever dont waste you money

I have wasted almost $200 on 3 of these awful swimsuits at this point so shame on me, but I’ve definitely learned my lesson by now. I wanted so badly to like these suits because they do look great on the Instagram page, but that’s the only place they look good, on very strategically posed girls taking photos from flattering angles. The sizing charts are useless because the bikinis do not actually fit according to those measurements. The neoprene fabric meant to lay flat on the body but Is so stiff that there is no stretch if it’s a little tight and if it’s a little big you have awkward creasing and gaping in all the wrong places. I’ve tried different sizes and even different styles trying to find a reason to like this brand but the vast difference between the actual fit of a small and medium made that impossible and there is no size between this for the bottoms. Mediums are wayyy too big and smalls way to tight. Also i don’t know about other countries but if you live anywhere in the U.S. it will cost you $30 to return or exchange anything from this company. Since the swimsuits cost about $50-$70 you are better off ordering a new suit all together and trying to sell the unwanted one on eBay since the cost just to ship it back is almost half the cost of the bathing suit. When I went to the post office and found out it would be $30 to send one back for an exchange I chose to just re order a new suit one size down since the medium didn’t fit. When I received the new suit I’m glad I didn’t waste my money shipping it back for the exchange because the small doesn’t fit either. One more thing the first suit I ordered I paid $16 for express shipping and the package was delivered to a house on the other side of town. I contacted hoaka and the shipping company, nothing was done to fix this and I ended up having to go pick the package up myself. I know that is on the shipping company but hoaka didn’t even offer a reimbursement on the shipping cost or to talk to the shipping company at all.

July 31, 2018

Dyes my skin black everytime I wear it but I love it

Y'all, I love my hoaka swim suits. Fyi my sizing is Bust 29, hips 35. I wear a 27 in Levi jeans and a 32C bra.

But my black one continually dies my skin black. At first I thought it might be my sun screen but I would put the suit on and get to the beach before putting the sun screen on and just on the drive it dyed my thighs black... Not cute! I've tried soaking it in cold water, I've tried changing sun screen, I've tried no sun screen but still no change!

Other issues I've encountered, They are tricky to size. I have size small and medium bottoms and both sizes have their own issues. So when I wear my
    -modern style small bottoms- they barely cover my butt crack ?but no camel toe.
    -Bootykini small- only fit comfortably if I pull up on my hips high, but causes mild camel toe..So my lady feels strangled if you know what I mean..
    - cheeky small- barely covers my butt crack but no camel toe
    - Hip bottoms medium- much better coverage but terrible camel toe due to a wider piece of fabric in the crotch..

I feel like I can't win with the bottoms. Which is crazy because I own a bunch of them! If I knew a tailor who could work with the material I'd order medium and have the crotches fixed but no one I've talked to is confident about working with neoprene. I even tried buying special pads that prevent camel toe in swim wear! Which does work for the smalls but it's uncomfortable. I'm always worrying it will come out.

My tops are great! Again I have an array of sizes, but I'll tell you this:
    Size up. If you think you're a small, get a small+ or small++! This will save you from many a nip slip! I have two size small tops and a medium top. Next time I'm going to try a small++.

All in all I think the issues I've had are the same issue you'll have ordering any swimsuit online. However I do wish they had + options for the bottoms so I could have my butt crack cover while also not having camel toe.
    The fabric is a great quality when it's not bleeding on you lol. I've surfed and body boarded in my hoaka and it does stay in place well!

Also for a brand that preaches body positivity It would be great to see them use women's sizes vs junior sizes. Why not use both right? Because their "plus size" options barely fit the average sized woman.

The brand isn't perfect but they definitely are working hard and innovating. In comparison to other brands they turn out new styles and sizes way quicker. And I do think they listen and care about their customers. I will keep trying to find my perfect fit hoaka! I'll update if I find it lol ?✌️

June 25, 2018

Really into this bikini line

I was introduced to this bikini brand by one of Chick Advisor's very own and was attracted to the brand because of the bright coloured, sporty suits and because the company is based on YUL. I now own 6 Hoaka bikinis in various styles, including the Royce, Molly, Neon, black velvet triangle and yellow zip-up (I can't recall the specific names of those last 2). Hoakas are different than regular bathing suits as they are made of neoprene or velvet neoprene. It's scuba-suit material texture. They have a really great variety of sizes, including S+ and S++ for girls/women with a small ribcage but large bust, and they have 5 different types of bottom styles. While the owner of the brand Elisabeth had an IG following before she started Hoaka, she uses average men and women to advertise the suits. It is apparent that she is truly a body positive person and really tries to promote self-love and acceptance with Hoaka's branding. It's rare that you see a swim brand with fans from age 12 to 45, but Hoaka has managed to appeal across the board.

May 22, 2018

👙

Je suis tellement fière que cette jeune entrepreneure provienne de notre magnifique province du Québec! Ses produits sont magnifiques, originaux avec sa marque et son design bien propre à elle, un tissus de qualité, des couleurs hallucinantes, des modèles de qualité qui mettent toutes nos formes en valeur, quelles qu'elles soient et surtout : les minis prix! Non mais un kit complet de qualité pour 88$ , on en trouve pas au bikini village ou autre! Tout derrière cette marque est bien pensé et n'oubliez pas de la suivre sur instagram pour courrir la chance de participer aux nombreux concours de voyage!

2.3/5

April 17, 2018

Très décue, mauvaise qualité, elle vend du rêve.

Très décue, mauvaise qualité, elle vend du rêve. Taché dès la première utilisation. Très difficile de trouver notre taille!

Very sad, poor quality, she sells the dream. Stained from the first use. Very difficult to find our size!

Porté une fois, déjà taché un peu jaune sur le contour blanc.
    De plus, super pratique, quand tu te fais bronzer de dos ... l'attache en métal te fait savoir qu'il fait très chaud! De plus, maillot très pratique si tu veux aller nager, ca bouge et rien ne reste en place.

J’ai du essayer 4 modèle différent… pour finalement qu’il y en ait aucun qui me plait (aucun remboursement).
    personnellement, mes seins n’était pas avantagé du tout dans ce maillot.
    Cher pour le produit.

March 04, 2018

Best bikini ever

I followed the sizing chart and for me it was the perfect sizing. You said you ordered in 2016, they probably changed their sizing chart since then... I have 4 different colors, I am addicted to it. It is the most flattering bikini I've ever owned because of the material. The shipping was free to the US and I received it after 3 days. Maybe you should try to order again, the company was created in 2016 and you ordered in 2016, I guess they made some changes since then. It says free exchange on the website and it is refundable.

1.3/5

February 26, 2018

Size Chart Inaccurate and poor quality control

I purchased a two piece bathing suit for my daughter. Measurements were taken carefully and checked several times before selecting the size recommended by the size chart.
    When the bathing suit arrived the top was too small and the bottoms fit very snugly. We decided to keep the bottoms as we were concerned the next size up would be too big. We returned the top. As the website recommends tracking the delivery both ways we did so and this cost a total of $30.00.
    When the replacement top arrived the shade of colour was quite different - obviously from a different dye lot.
    As going through the return process again would cost an additional $30.00 I suggested to my daughter that we just keep the mismatched pieces and learn a lesson from all this.
    Frustrating!

October 17, 2017

Not satisfied

I bought my Hoaka after months & months of wanting one; months of entering instagram giveaways, and months of obsessing over the bikinis that looked so beautiful on Instagram. I still love the companys owner Elisabeth and the girls who represent Hoaka with different body types; but I’ve lost some faith in the company. Once I got my order after weeks of waiting; the bottoms (size large) didn’t even fit over my bumb. The medium top felt like I was trying on a child’s sports bra. So I sent it back and got size XL bottoms, and a large top. Another few weeks and it’s here finally just in time for winter. Yay :( so my Hoaka is finally here and still, both are a tad bit small. So I email the company and ask them how these sizes can be XL and L because they fit super small. And they reply saying “sizes are in junior, not like child but junior” so junior as in teen or tweens. I found this bizzare because I couldn’t find that anywhere in the hoaka website or Instagram page; I wish I had known that before I ordered my hoaka because I would have waited for more size options. I still wear my hoaka but it’s defientely not what I was hoping for. Now I see that Tessa brooks and Erika costell are hoaka representives and in the Bahamas for a hoaka trip. I had loved this company even after the whole bathing suit mishap; but having two horrible girls as ambassadors sent me to start hating Hoaka. The two Instagram stars faked an abuse story including Team 10 & caused a lot of controversy. I personally hate Erika and Tessa, but many people have different views on it. I’ve lost some respect for Hoaka but I still support them, and hope for the best for Elisabeth and her company.

August 13, 2017

It was good at first...

Il est fort probable que vous connaissez la compagnie Hoaka Swimwear de la jeune entrepreneure originaire de Mirabel Élisabeth Rioux. C'est une compagnie de bikini fait de néoprène qui a commencé à vendre sur son site www.hoakaswimwear.com en avril 2016 et qui fait fureur, c'est le cas de le dire.

Je me suis procurée le Noémie (discontinué, celui sur la photo) en septembre 2016 et j'ai dû échanger le top car il n'était pas conforme à la charte des grandeurs sur laquelle je m'étais fiée.

Je me suis procurée mon deuxième en novembre de la même année, soit le Jones. Il me fait, par contre, le bas du maillot, lorsqu'il est en contacte avec de l'eau, se rempli de cette dernière et gonfle et reste ainsi. J'ai donc du tissus gonflé sur mon maillot. Pour le top, à certains endroit, il a décoloré blanc et mauve à d'autres... bizarre.

Se détaillant à 69$ US, je n'en rachèterai plus, malheureusement.