3.4/5
Hostess twinkies Reviews
Ranked #169 in Baked Goods

3.2/5

May 18, 2017

Twinkies remind me of my childhood. I use to eat them all the time at my grandparent's house. The cake is almost like a combination of a sponge cake and angel food cake. The cream in the middle is a buttercream loaded with sugar. The cream is very sweet, but is balanced out by the cake on the outside. There is a good ratio of cake to cream. They are a good treat to have every now and again. You can occasionally find them on sale at Walmart or Loblaws for a very good price.

2.2/5

February 17, 2017

I have had a few twinkies in my day and I don't understand what all the fuss is about. They don't have a whole lot of flavor to them and the cream filling is rather underwhelming. Certainly not a dessert I crave or one that I would purchase for regular consumption.

2.2/5

February 16, 2017

These are just ok. I didn't actually try my first Twinkie until my adulthood. The filling to cake ratio is way off, these need more of the filling. I don't enjoy the taste, very artificial tasting and not a great aftertaste either.

November 12, 2016

Twinkies are a thing from my childhood. I used to see them advertised in comic books all of the time. They are unique in shape and texture. The cake is sponge like and the cream filling is nice and gooey. I can't find them in Canada anymore. I hope they come back.

September 08, 2016

It has been a few years side I have had a Twinkie so when I noticed they were on sale 2/$4.00 I knew I had to get them. These are always very soft and have the percent amount of cream inside.

I also have a 4 year old son who has tried them for the first time and loved them, now he asks for a "winkie" whenever I offer him a treat. I will defiantly purchase these again.