Hourglass ambient light powder Reviews
#225 in Powder

August 01, 2017

Holy grail, Ladies!!

This is my first time trying this product and all of the reviews that I have read were right- it IS Holy Grail type of amazing!! I am always looking for a foundation routine that gives that flawless look and this powder does that! I have used it alone as well as with my lancome and my drugstore foundation and makes my skin look youthful and radient with both. It gives a very nice effect, reflects light and hides imperfections without looking sparkly. It can tend to sit a bit on top of your foundation if you use just a brush to apply so I tend to blend it in a bit with my beauty blender wherever needed. If you are on the fence, this is definitely one to try! (My skin is fair with freckles and I'm using Dim Light as I am slightly darker in the summer)

3.2/5

April 17, 2017

I use the ambient light powder as a setting powder, as I dont always like to use the white loose powders.

It seems to sit well and keep makeup long lasting, and adds a bit of a glow too depending on which shade you get.
    I found it a bit pricey which is why I would be hesitant to re-purchase, but all in all it is a good, subtle setting powder.

February 10, 2017

Donne un teint parfait et en santé. Poudre minérale donc n'assèche pas la peau et n'est pas grasse non plus. On ne la sent pas.Look naturel glow et lumineux.

May 28, 2015

I can't live without this now. I have it in Dim Light (hit tons of pan on it) and recently purchased Diffused Light. Great job of pulling the look of my makeup together. See my full review on youtube at this link: https://youtu.be/eyh80vmkoF4

April 23, 2015

I purchased this in the diffused light shade. I was using it as a final finishing powder to which I did not find it to be as earth shattering as many bloggers reported it to be. It does a nice job of softening the complexion, but where I find it really shines is applied with my concealer brush over any red spots (I.e. zits or broken capillaries). It really hides the redness and stays put all day.

March 24, 2015

I got the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette that has 3 powder shades in it. This palette is so perfect and has sheer to light coverage. I originally bought this for bringing some luminosity back to my skin after applying foundation, but I didn't find that it made a huge difference on that end for me. However, I found that it does a great job minimizing imperfections in a natural-looking way. I assume it's the reflective properties of it that blur them to an extent, which I love.

March 11, 2015

Formula: The blush powder is exactly as the face powder, micro-fine, lightweight and semi-sheer. They have a decent wear and last about all day and I think as time passes it appears a little more flushed on the cheek so you might not need a lot of product. And just like the face powder you need a packed hefty brush for best application as a loose bristle brush will not pick up the product properly. Go easy when brushing though because the powder has slight fallout when it comes in contact with your brush. I love that there is absolutely no glitter or gleam in the formula just a soft glow cast on your skin.
    Shade: The shade above is Ethereal Glow and is meant to be used in conjunction with the Ethereal Face Powder. This is the only shade that I feel is suitable for the palest skin tones. This is a very cool rose pink color mixed with a cool milky white swirl. This is handmade in Italy with a technique that mixes the powders in a lush swirl for a marbleized effect. I have read reviews from several people complaining about getting a batch that is mostly white I guess I got lucky because mine is mostly rose with just a twinge of the white veining. Even so, if you happen to receive one with more white product just blend your brush deeply into the pink swirl and you'll get a lot of color. I was surprised at how pink this really shows up on my skin because it looks super light and pale on my fingertips which is why I couldn't even swatch it. I have to say if your skin tone is medium to darker this will not show up on you as I was wearing a slightly darker foundation yesterday and this made the blush show up weird and not pink at all. Today I have on a lighter foundation that actually allows the cool rose tint to glow and it get's darker as the day progresses so go easy with how much you apply. This shade in my opinion gives a soft rosy glow when matched against the lightest foundation or powders on paler skin-tones. The other colors are all darker than they appear from the web photo and darker than the face powders so make sure you see actual swatches first before ordering online.

March 05, 2015

I own this in Dim Light.

When I smooth this over my face, I definitely see a blurring effect of my acne scars. I don't know how it does it but it does. It just gives my face a flawless finish over foundation and also over bare skin.

The major con is the price! Geeee whiz is this stuff pricey. I could only afford it because I had a Sephora gift card.

January 26, 2015

These powders are holy grail! They give a great glow to the skin. Even the ones with a bit of shimmer never look 'glittery' or overdone. I love using dim light to set my foundation, it blurs lines and pores with a soft focus effect while imparting an ethereal - like glow to the skin. The ones with a bit of shimmer are great for a subtle, angelic highlight. These are very multipurpose.

October 22, 2014

This gives my skin a beautiful glow without looking sparkly or bathed in glitter. The powder does not settle in my fine lines. Although it is on the expensive side, a little goes a long way. I am deducting a half star due to its price.