Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker Reviews

November 14, 2018

Get off the fence & buy an Instant Pot now!

I was on the fence about buying an Instant Pot for a long time. I really wondered if I needed another appliance in my kitchen. I found it on sale about 6 weeks ago & left it sitting in the box looking at me while I decided if I was going to try it out.
    Well I finally gave in & used it. My first go with it was a pork loin roast with potatoes & carrots. Perfection! I used the saute feature to sear the roast, deglazed the pot with some broth, added my potatoes & carrots, and the roast. I set the timer for 25 minutes as the recipe said and walked away to make a salad & set the table. The roast was cooked perfectly, the veggies were tender, & I made gravy right in the pot to go with it.
    I already steam my eggs, but have read so many rave reviews about hard boiled eggs cooked in the Instant Pot that I am going to give it a try. Dried beans, rice, chili, pulled pork, stew, chicken, my slow cooker is going to be collecting dust.
    If you are like me and don't really know if you need an Instant Pot, just go get one. You won't be sorry.

June 18, 2018

Best Rice cooker!!

I received this as a gift after showing interest in it. To be honest, I haven't cooked anything else in it besides rice. Regular rice and sticky rice. The BEST Sticky rice I have ever made and it is the same every time! (I sold my small rice cooker as it never made rice like this) I am very happy with the Instant Pot so far and maybe one day I will experiment with the other functions.

May 25, 2018

Homemade meals made easy!

I live a busy lifestyle, but amidst it all, something incredibly important to me is homecooked, healthy food. Sometimes, it’s hard to get that meal on the table when there’s so much on the go.

I was gifted an Instant Pot for my bridal shower, and I have not looked back!! The learning curve at the beginning is steep (and if you’ve never used a pressure cooker before, the first time is downright terrifying), but it’s worth it in the end. Once you get the hang of your pot, you can have a full meal on the table in under an hour, easily.

The Instant Pot won’t cut down on your food prep time. However, it cuts down on cook time IMMENSELY (soup in 10 minutes, anyone?) and also cuts down on your dishes, as it really can do it all. It’s my favourite kitchen gadget!

April 06, 2018

My new favorite kitchen tool! Goodbye crockpot!

This past year I have been the type of girl who planned all of her meals ahead and meal prepped for the ENTIRE week. So the crockpot was my go-to kitchen item. I'd make everything from chili to chicken, using it 2-3x per week. My crockpot was starting to lose the coating on the lining piece so I knew I had to either buy a new one, or splurge on an Instant Pot. I decided on the IP since all my friends have been RAVING about it. The first day I got it, I cooked rice, steamed green beans, and cooked 6 chicken breasts. It was SO EASY, and cleanup was done in 5 minutes - not even kidding. My boyfriend was even impressed. All the food was cooked perfectly, not even the chicken was dried out. Since then, I've also cooked sausages (which I usually cook in a pan) and a pot roast, both of which were also fantastic.

The pot is easy to use, cleans easily and is super versatile. I also really like that you can pre-set a timer, which is what I often did with my crockpot (a delayed start). I also appreciate how you use MUCH less energy than a crockpot because everything cooks so quickly! no more 10hr crockpot recipes. I'm sure it will impact my hydro bill in a good way!

If you don't have one yet, get one! There are a lot of recipes and youtube videos out there to help you so there's no need to be scared of it!

April 05, 2018

It's so good I own two!

I've owned 1 for over a year now and I loved it so much I bought a second during a black friday sale. I use it for so many dishes, make the most amazing bone broth in it as well. Soups have never been so simple and hard "boiled" eggs always amaze everyone with how easy their shells fall off. I would suggest everyone own one, makes meal time simple as you're not hovering over the stove. Forgot to take something out from the freezer?? SIMPLE, pop it in frozen and walk away.

March 08, 2018

I use this as much as my stove

My husband asked if we could get another one. Oddly enough, he doesn't really cook but he does love the IP.

Easy to use, makes meals a breeze and in record time. I also find it's really easy to make baby food! A must have in the kitchen!

March 06, 2018

So Glad I Have An Instant Pot!

Want a quick dinner? This is the way to go! I have googled every item in my fridge to see how I can make it quicker with my instant pot and use it every chance I get. Cracked Chicken, Lasagna, Roast Beef, you name it, you make it....In 1/3 the time!! Love to cook but hate the time consuming? This Pot Is For Everyone!!!
    Only downsides I find are you really have to ensure pulled meats, I haven't even used 3/4 of the features, which is where I wish there was an Instant Pot that was JUST for cooking meats/stews/dishes. I really don't need the rice maker, yogurt maker, etc etc....

January 22, 2018

How did I live without this????!!!!

This is nothing like those old school pressure cookers your grandmother had. This appliance is a beast! Also the safety features are endless. I purchased this 2 months ago and have used it every single day since.

November 14, 2017

Great time saver

I received this just over a month ago and have been using it like crazy, it works fast and efficiently. Makes meal planning at the last minute doable, quick healthy meals, I made salsa chicken from frozen chicken breasts in 11 min, Chili with dried beans in 30 min, it is so easy to use , clean up is a breeze , recommend this 120%

October 02, 2017

Amazing mini appliance

Buying the instant pot is the best money I’ve ever spent. I have made chilli in 30 mins, beef stew in 25 mins which the meat came out tender and soft. Chicken wings in 9 mins. It cooks so fast and the food is moist and delicious. I would highly recommend a busy family purchase one.