ipsy Exclusive Beauty Finds Reviews
Ranked #14 in Eye Shadow

September 23, 2017

Do you really need all of that make up?

At first it was a really cute idea: you get a surprise make up bag every month. It's like christmas because you don't know what's going to be inside. But over time, you get so much make up you have to ask yourself, do i really need all of this make up? Sure you can always trade with a fellow ipsy sunscriber but it just seems like a waste because one person can only use up so much make up that eventually you have to give it away because it will be impossible to use it. It's worth trying for the first few months but not worth it in the long run.

September 23, 2017

Fun in theory but pretty disapponting in real life.

I subscribed to a year of IPSY bags and wouldn't do it again. At first, it's fun to get makeup in the mail every month but then the products started to get really disappointing. I received the same things over and over - liquid liner (which I NEVER use), copper eyeshadow and contour brushes (I rarely contour and I definitely don't need 8 brushes to do it). It became obvious very quickly that this is a service for the Millennial Snapchat ultra-matte crowd which is absolutely not me. You can also redeem popints for extra freebies but they are really hard to get - many subscribers hoard beauty products (which seems to be all the rage now) and everything is snatched up immediately. Anything that I did order was substituted with something else because all the good stuff is gone within minutes of being posted. The bags are sometimes cute but what do I do with 12 more makeup bags? Especially the 4 or 5 that were hideous? They were testing a service where you could pick your premium item every month but that has been cancelled. The only way I would ever consider rejoining is if they offered that. As it was, I gave away SO MUCH stuff that it was just a huge waste of money. I ended up getting very few products that I actually use.

September 14, 2017

Meh ...

This monthly subscription is about $15 every month for just a cute bag and samples. I really hate it when they give us the tiny little foil samples... We can't really test out a product if it's in a foil packet and only using it once. But I really love the cute little bag a concept. Been following ipsy every since it opened and when Michelle Phan first introduced it on youtube. I think it was better back then when they gave fuller size products.

2.3/5

September 13, 2017

Joke

I only subscribe to ipsy for the cute bag every month. The product we get are seriously a joke. I love getting brushes that's the only good part. The samples sizes makes me laugh hard.

August 20, 2017

You Must try it at least

I have to admit that I cancelled my membership... but I loved the IPSY Bag.
    Here the Pro's and the Con's.

PROS
    I discovered a lot of new brands and new items.
    Each month you get something really cool and also a real cutie bag.
    Most of the things are nice to try/ use.

CONS
    After two years of membership, I thought that I got pretty much all the most of it. At the end, it's all the same things; beauty product. I have so much of them I didn't know what to do with it... And it's not always the perfect thing for me, what I needed or what I would have wanted to try.
    Also, the price doesn't include the shipping and its US dollar... So at the end it's pretty expensive for a Canadian.

AT THE END
    It's a really nice bag, but for a certain among of time because it's always the same kind of stuff that you get. But for sure, if you want to try it, go ahead you'll be really happy and excited every month.

August 18, 2017

Meh

I was subscribed to Ipsy for two months. The subscription for Canadians is a little less than $20 a month. Overall I wasn't really excited about the products received. Even though it was supposed to be tailored to me, most products I wouldn't even use. Some of the sample sizes were so small that there wasn't even a point in mailing them. The products themselves seemed old and I did not recognize most brands. I was supposed to receive a free sample of mascara for signing up but didn't and was also supposed to receive 100 points for late shipping but didn't. I'd much prefer to use Topbox, there samples are bigger and it's cheaper.

August 16, 2017

Perfect

As a lipstick lover, I saw this subscription and I knew it would be perfect for me because it features lip products. I'm really pleased because they give nice quality lipsticks each month for only 10$! Also, the bags are adorable.

August 14, 2017

Great subscription service!

I loooooove ipsy! I'm a makeup junkie so I love trying new products constantly. With ipsy I have the option of variety plus for around $20 (to Canada) it's a really fun way to discover new things! Plus the exclusive makeup bag it comes in is great bonus. // C'est un sac de maquillage si mignon! Je l'ai acheté sur un caprice, mais je suis tellement content que je l'ai fait parce que le sentiment d'or rose et métallique est vraiment sympa. C'est la taille parfaite pour tous mes éléments essentiels et va bien avec une variété de porte-monnaie. Pour le prix, ça vaut vraiment le coup!

July 21, 2017

after a year, I won't suscribe again

I was suscribe to Ipsy Glambag for a year. I received many many product, many many cute little bag that goes with it. I won't suscribe again because I got so many product I didn't use because I don't use so many product every day . For some, this is a good way to received sample and try new product. It is a good compagny thought and I really enjoy being suscribe at that time. But I was ready to try something new.

July 18, 2017

My monthly excitement!

So I have recieved 5-6? IPSY Glambags so far and haven't got one yet that I was displeased with. I like that I haven't recieved duplicates which other companies similar to them do once in a while. I usually always end up purchasing something from one of the lines of products they send me. Or at least researching them more. Which is what they intend for you to do :) overall I'm very happy with my subscription. Just be sure to update and keep your Beauty preferences updated so that you receive the best beauty products tailored to you (: