John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#29 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

November 18, 2019

The product has a nice thick consistency

The product has a nice thick consistency, applies evenly and lathers up well. It has a slight scent, which I prefer and is easy to wash out. It took to my greys hairs with ease but I would say to wash your hair daily if you want to keep the coloured effect. I would recommend this product as I don't feel the need to dye my hair now.

November 15, 2019
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Great product

First thing: this is almost like a tint... although it doesn’t not change your hair color... but it leaves resíduo on your hands and floor. At first use, I was scared of it... that’s why I’m writing this here. That being said... I love the shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo cleaned my hair really well and it really helped with those greys in the front. Plus: smells AMAZING!

November 14, 2019
    Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom

Works subtly

I was really hoping for better results with this, I ended up with stained hands and lots of tangles and knots in my hair. The results was very subtle I was hoping for something more dramatic

November 14, 2019
    United States

Great product for those pesky grey hairs

I loved this shampoo ! I have the odd few grey hairs and have been wanting something to cover them up a little and this product is what I’ve been waiting for.
    It left my hair feeling soft and smelt nice too, would definitely recommend !

November 13, 2019
    East Ayrshire, United Kingdom

Great product

Fantastic product, I love John freida anyway and a shampoo which helps hide those sneaky greys and keeps my hair soft, shiny and manageable is just great! Used with the conditioner and blow dry mouse my hair looked great!

November 13, 2019
    West Sussex, United Kingdom

Partially blended- almost there

A warning to all users, if you haven't used any of the John Frieda dark hair shampoos before you won't realise this product has colouring in and will get everywhere so use carefully and ensure you thoroughly cleanse the skin/hands afterwards, you'll know when you haven't rinsed the product enough. It is worth it though, after a few washes I did notice a difference but do not expect miracles!

2.7/5

November 11, 2019
    Bexley, United Kingdom

Colours my hands, not my hair

I gave this shampoo a go but every time it stained my hands and nails, more than my hair. I generally need a detangling shampoo/conditioner but this left my hair full of volume (my hair doesn't need encouragement) and very tangled.

November 11, 2019
    Glasgow City, United Kingdom

Definitely defied my greys.

When I first got this shampoo, I was a bit sceptical whether it would combat my greys!! I’m not silver fox grey, just the odd grey hair popping through.
    Anyway after the first wash, didn’t really notice much of a difference, after continuous usage I noticed a big difference.
    Streak-free hair now!!!

November 10, 2019
    South Ayrshire, United Kingdom

Amazing

This stuff is great, used with the conditioner it covered my grey hairs along my parting and hairline. I was due dyeing my hair but can hold off a bit longer now.

I jumped the first time as I thought I had dyed my hands when applying, But I didn't.

Really wish it didn't have to look like melted chocolate though.

November 10, 2019
    Bristol, United Kingdom

Really cleaning

Really enjoyed how glossy this made my hair feel and I feel like it did madly my greys I love the fact that i also smells nice as for me most shampoos like this smell awful! This is definitely a staple now