John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#29 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

November 09, 2019
    North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom

Greys gone!

I received this product free to trial. I’ve recently noticed grey hairs beginning to show against my dark brunette hair and am self conscious about them, so this product seemed ideal to trial. Perfect timing! I used to dye my hair regularly to cover these but the upkeep was expensive and tiresome. Since I’ve started using this product, I have noticed my grey hairs start to fade after only a few uses. I think this product is great value for money and would seem to last for a long period as you only need a small amount each time you was hair. Would recommend to those looking to spend less on hair care!

November 09, 2019
    Glasgow City, United Kingdom

I love this shampoo and effect which i have on my hair!

Before I tried new range from JOHN FRIEDA DEFY GREY for BRUNETTE hair i had around 20% of grey hair. As for me it's not much. But sometimes I could not make a hairstyle, because all grey hair became visible, which brought a lot of inconvenience.
    When I met a new line of products, I decided to try. To my surprise, my hair after the second application of the full line (shampoo, conditioner and foam) noticeably changed their condition. The chestnut colour became more saturated, and the grey hair was gradually dyed.
    as for me - this is ideal for those who love their colour and do not want to dye their hair to hide the first grey hair. In addition - it does not spoil the hair.
    The only thing that upset me was the smell of foam. I hate the scent of fumes for artificial tanning. This foam smells just like that. In addition, it is advisable to wear latex gloves to keep your palms clean.

Sunderland, United Kingdom

Works

Used about 5 times now with conditioner and blow dry foam and can see results already.
    The shampoo lathers nicely and was easy to work in with fingers and washed out easily. A mild pleasant aroma considering it's mild hair dying product which was nice.

I've definitely noticed less greys and my hair has a nice warm tone and shine and feels conditioned too.

2.7/5

West Sussex, United Kingdom

Average Shampoo

Having seen such good reviews I was excited to test and report back, I have to say did not get on with the shampoo due to it having SLS in and other ingredients.

It made my scalp itch.

Thurrock, United Kingdom

Brunette must have

As someone who regularly colours my hair,which could become really expensive,this product is a must-have for brunettes with greys.It’s an absolute lifesaver.Silky texture,easily applied and lightweight.Gentle colouring and smells amazing which is an added bonus

Richmond upon Thames, United Kingdom

This really works

This is a lovely smelling shampoo that is gentle enough for daily use. I like the fact that it’s brown in colour and it definitely helped to tone down my pesky grey hairs, especially when used in combination with the conditioner and blow dry foam. I would definitely recommend

Lancashire, United Kingdom

Fantastic and effective

On first look you cant help but be drawn to the packaging of this shampoo really striking colours that would certainly catch my eye in the shops. The shampoo itself is great but watch out it comes out of the tube really easily. You get a really good lather and possibly my only complaint is the slightly musty smell of the product although that did go away after I dried my hair. The end result is brilliant and noticeable after 1 use. Gave my hair a really nice shine and certainly hid my greys!

Leicester, United Kingdom

Great inbetween colouring

I really liked the product. It did help my greys to blend in but they were still slightly noticeable. My hair felt great and it had a nice smell unlike other dye shampoos I've used. I found waiting 3 to 5 minutes for both shampoo and conditioner a bit long.

Sunderland, United Kingdom

I LOVE it!!

I would use this shampoo even if it didn't defy grey!! I makes my hair so soft and smooth. My hair tangles and knots less with this shampoo. I worries that it would stain my towels due to it's dark colour, ut it doesn't. Once slathered the shampoo goes white like any other shampoo.

Regarding grey; my greys shine much less. After 3 uses, I can still see them when I look, but I dont notice them like it used to. The greys are tinted slightly brown. I expect with more use they may disappear completely

United Kingdom

Madnessreview shampoo

Apply a pea sized amount to the palm of your hand, lather and apply to hair over all. Rinse and follow with deft grey conditioner. It really gives a good scrub and lifts all the dirt and grease but without making your hair feel straw like and dry this is moisturising on its own even without conditioner to follow however I would use just to add that extra protection onto the hair follicles.
    Big tube and will last I would say around 3 months as you only need a very small amount. Covers all my sparse greys from first use. I even was naughty and used on my eye brow hair and it actually worked I would recommend this 100%

Give it a try the whole range is amazing and my hair is so healthy, healthiest it’s been since I was 18.!