John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#29 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

England, United Kingdom

Very cool!

It smells really nice and it has a nice consisntecy. The colour is brown (for brunettes) and it looks a bit like a chocolate syrup, but with nice floral perfume.

Updated On: November 05, 2019

#gotitfree

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Blends in those pesky greys

I was looking forward to trying this shampoo as I've been dyeing my hair for a few years due to grey hairs around my hairline. I had hoped it would help me to extend the time between hair dyes and it has helped me to do this. In the name of science, I have delayed my next hair dye by a fortnight and feel much less self conscious about those twinkly, wiry roots that I normally would. The texture of the shampoo is thinner than I would have expected but not too runny, the smell is slightly coffee-ish, unusual but not unpleasant. Although it's a bit of a faff leaving it on for 3-5 minutes first time it gave me time to use a foot scrub so probably time well spent. It rinsed clear without staining my hands or nail varnish, and didn't leave my hair feeling coated like the colour shampoos I remember from the 90s. The grey roots are still partly visible after a week of use, but the light doesn't catch them in the same way and the texture is softer, no little silver antenna on top of my head any more. I would certainly recommend these products to anyone with a few greys that they are looking to blend, it would probably have a highlights effect, and has allowed me to leave my hair colour that couple of weeks longer.

Coventry, United Kingdom

would buy again

love that it makes your grey hair less visible. makes my hair feel amazing and clean. I don't see much frizz now since I have been using this and think its great.

Vilnius City Municipality, Republic of Lithuania

It is my favorite now

That was the best thing to try it! I’m only 25 yo... and i do have gray hair! At this age it means you have to dye it all the time. And this shampoo is new, innovative product that helps to blend your gray hair. And it definetely works. It blends it slightly to your hair with no damage. I was surprised how good it works i was expecting something like bright color like old fashioned coloring conditioners, but no! Your hair looks fresh, healthy and your hairs are blended with your color!

Kent, United Kingdom

Amazing shampoo!

Amazing John Frieda Brunette shampoo. Working really good from very first use i can see difference! How good it covers white hair which annoys me so much! So happy with this product and highly recommend!

Hammersmith and Fulham, United Kingdom

Gorgeous hair

I wasnt to sure how this shampoo would work but after using it every other day for the last couple of weeks, I can see the difference. It hasnt got rid of all the grey hair but it has dulled them and blended them better into my brown hair.
    It lathers up really well and my hair feels super clean after a wash, it feels really creamy and has got the lightest scent to it and doesnt smell chemically at all.
    I would buy this again as it left my hair so soft and clean and I think consistent use over time would hide more of the grey.

United Kingdom

Love it!! Will definitely purchase!

#gotitfree
    Really please that I was chosen to review this product amongst the other ones I received. Thanks to #chickadvisor.

Ok so I have quite a few greys coming through (more than I thought!) mainly at the front of my head and along my parting.

The shampoo has a very silky texture and is quite thick. I thought I would have to use a lot of the product but I was surprised! A little goes a long way and it lathers really well. It has a lovely smell too!

I did as the instructions said and to apply and leave on for 5 minutes the first time of use. After rinsing my hair did feel very clean but also felt very knotty too. Which I do expect with most shampoos because I have long thick hair and I always have to follow with a conditioner every time I wash my hair.

I gave my hair and scalp a really good lather and massages the shampoo in well. I did not have any staining on my hands after doing so.

I followed with the conditioner afterwards.
    As you can see in the attached photos that it has made a difference after just the first use. I am really impressed with the product and I highly recommend it.

November 04, 2019
    Birmingham, United Kingdom

Lovely!

Very good shampoo, I can’t use shampoos if the don’t foam enough for some reason it feels to me they haven’t cleansed my hair properly but this shampoo gives a nice foam.
    You only need a little amount as well,
    As a whole the range is true to its word. Before using this I’d see random grey hairs and although not the best thing to do I would pull them out.
    Since using I have noticed I don’t see many anymore still the odd random one peaking way underneath but less noticeable. I’m not really one for going to a salon and spending £70/£100 on getting a tint so this has come in very handy. The scent you can smell there is some form of hair dye in the products but it doesn’t linger in your hair. In terms on use because I don’t have a lot of greys I think I will continue to use every other wash.

November 04, 2019
    Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Good product

This shampoo is quite good. I find that the fragrance of it is very delicate (I'm sensitive to chemical fragrance and find most shampoos way too fragranced, so I'm unable to use them). It made my long brunette hair super silky and super shiny and it did not irritate my scalp at all. Unfortunately, it hasn't completely covered my greys after four uses, but have definitely helped to blend them in a little so I will be able to go a couple of weeks longer between colouring appointments.

November 03, 2019
    Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Great shampoo

I absolutely love this new shampoo, it does what it says covers all my unwanted grey hair and also smells amazing and leaves my hair soft and shiny! This is my new favourite shampoo, I love it!