John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#17 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

October 28, 2019
    Lancashire, United Kingdom

Its ok

Its ok and makes my hair so soft and smooth i love it so much i am so shocked i never had tried this product before until i won it and tried it and makes my hair so soft and brightens up my hair colour

October 28, 2019
    Greenwich, United Kingdom

John frieda violet crush

wow it smells divine so easy to use you only need a small amount lathers well hair feels luxurious and soft while you are rinsing your hair it drys with so much body and shine my hair feels and smells luxurious it's my desert island product well worth 5 stars

United Kingdom

Goodbye gingery blonde!

I left this in for a few minutes longer than recommended and my hairs come out a lush silvery colour, I’ve tried every purple shampoo out there and Bleach London has always been at the top but this is definitely up there with it.

Liverpool, United Kingdom

brass-b-gone!

I am currently transitioning my hair from brown to blonde, so as you can imagine things are a bit brassy right now! iv'e only used the shampoo 1-2 times since receiving it but i can already see a difference! will be buying this again.

Southampton, United Kingdom

Crush on this

This Violet Crush shampoo is lovely to use. It is bright purple but does the job by blending in brassy tones from blonde hair. It left my hair with subtle highlights and no red tones. I was very impressed with it and want to try the conditioner now.

Southampton, United Kingdom

I would happily use this product everyday

Amazing product! Made me hair soft and smelt gorgeous. It also took my golden hair to a wonderful shade of blonde and white. It actually looked like I had had my highlights refreshed. My hair is also damaged and can be hard to brush, I felt it untangled it and made it look more healthy. I would recommend this product completely.

Lancashire, United Kingdom

It does make some difference in hair tone

After using it first time there was obvious difference in my hair. This shampoo made not only difference in the tone, but also my hair felt thicker, very shiny and stronger.

This shampoo also makes hair soft and easy to brush.

The hair did not become greasy so quickly as it is usually with my usual shampoo.

I would recommend this product to other customers with blonde hair who wish to improve their blonde tone.

Telford and Wrekin, United Kingdom

Must have

I usually use another branded purple shampoo but this costs less and does the same if not more.
    Left my hair glowing and looking more radiant. Would recommend this product to others. Really impressed for my first use

Durham, United Kingdom

I can see difference in one wash

I have been colouring my blonde hair since I was young and love it when it looks good. When I was sent this JohnFriedaUK Violet Crush Purple shampoo I wanted to try it immediately. The instructions warn you to be careful as the purple can stain but I used it in the shower. I left the shampoo in my hair for 3 minutes and when I washed it out there was a slight discolour on my hands but I used my shower gel to remove and that did the trick. I am really impressed by the result, my hair does look brighter and definitely no yellow tones. The best thing is that if you are not completely happy with the result you can keep washing your hair daily until you do. I will use it again in a few days and that should be OK for me. I would definitely recommend.

October 25, 2019
    Cumbria, United Kingdom

Not as harsh as similar products

I have used purple shampoos in the past and they also seem to strip my hair. This product however didn’t seem as harsh. It had a subtle smell and foamed up really well. When rinsed off, I did have to use conditioner, but it wasn’t too dry and as tangly as I was expecting. Great results too, go rid of the yellowy tinge.