John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#19 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Like going to a hairdresser

I was hesitant at first to use this as I had seen other people having issue with it, I however did not have a single issue and thought that it smelled beautiful and left my hair feeling super soft and had stripped away so much of the brassy colouring in my hair with just the first use

Norfolk, United Kingdom

The most effective Purple Shampoo I’ve ever used!!

From the second you open this product it really does feel like a luxury item. The colour of the shampoo itself is amazing, almost has a 3-D glow and looks a lot different to similar products which instantly intrigued me. It smells fantastic really fresh and clean. It lathers well and a little goes a long way. I have been using it for a few weeks now and I can’t believe howWell it is maintaining the white blonde shades in my hair and keeping brassiness away! I’ve tried so many different purple shampoos And this is by far my favourite!

City of Newport, United Kingdom

Purple shampoo

I have blonde high lights and they can look brassy after a week or two. This shampoo worked really well to adjust them back to a nice ash blonde shade. It lathered up really really well and made my hair and scalp feel squeaky clean. The fragrance is a little unusual, however it's still clean and fresh smelling. I would definitely use this shampoo again because it will save me a lot of money using this rather than expensive toners from the hairdressers.

3.2/5

Rochdale, United Kingdom

Great texture and apperance

At first I used this as a standalone shampoo in place of my own but I felt it didn't clean my hair properly so the next time I sued it after washing my hair with my current shampoo and the results were a lot better. I can definitely notice a difference in my bleached hair and the violet pigment does adjust the sharper yellow tones. I really love the look of the liquid, a very shiny purple with an iridescent flick and the viscosity is perfect. Very pleasant smelling unlike some purple shampoos.

East Sussex, United Kingdom

Will buy again

John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo for Blondes lathers well and washes well. It left my hair super smooth and shiny. I only needed to use a small amount. It comes in a good size tube. It helps to remove any bad color blond. You can use this daily.

Norfolk, United Kingdom

Bright and Beautiful

This is an absolutely fabulous shampoo!
    I'm not going to lie, I home dyed my hair from black to blonde (I know! I know!) and this shampoo was my absolute saviour! My hair was the brassiest of brass you will ever have seen.
    This shampoo made my time with blonde hair so much easier.
    (Although it unfortunately couldn't attack my dark roots obviously so I surrendered after a couple of months and dyed my hair ginger! Haha)

Thank you John Frieda, for letting me experience just how fun blonde could be!

Dorset, United Kingdom

Great for blondes

I'm always on the lookout for a good shampoo to reduce brassiness. This John Frieda shampoo really did what I needed. Leave on for a few mins and it made my hair glossy, smooth and the blonde looked lovely and fresh. You don't need to use too much as it foams up nicely, so I think the bottle will last a long time. I've had loads of compliments and people asking if I've been to the salon since I started using this, so will definitely continue!

York, United Kingdom

Excellent comments

This shampoo is one of the best I have ever tried I have bleach highlights in my hair. After using this shampoo my hair now oozes glossy, smooth and extremely shiny locks. Many of my work colleagues have asked what I’ve used on my hair they state how gorgeous the colour is due to no brassiness and how wonderfully healthy it looks

Cumbria, United Kingdom

No more brassy blonde!

If like me you have coloured blonde hair this shampoo is a must to try! I have used so many silver/purple shampoos some have worked and most haven’t, this one does not lie when it says it is intense the brass just disappears. I have been trying out for a little while and using it every second wash, just a small amount goes a long way, I apply and leave on for around 2-3 minutes that is long enough for my hair, when rinsed I’ve been left with a gorgeous silvery blonde which is my ideal colour. I’ve had loads of compliments saying my hair looks shiny, smooth and freshly dyed. Don’t think I’ll be using any other purple shampoo from now on this really is a must have for blonde hair.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

Loving this shampoo

Since using this shampoo i haven't had to get my hair redone! My roots are dark blonde and i had honey highlights that usually go a bit yellowy by the time i need my roots done, from what i can see, this shampoo has not only kept my highlights nice and subtle but it has also lightened my roots so they blend in more with my highlights. What a bonus!