John Frieda Violet Crush for Blondes Intensive Purple Shampoo Reviews
#18 in Shampoo

Knock out stubborn brassy tones in 1 use for cooler, brighter blonde.

With crushed violet and blue pigments, this rich intensive formula reduces both yellow and orange tones to keep blonde looking cooler and brighter. Safe for use on natural, colour treated, platinum blonde, and lightened brunette hair. Peroxide-free and ammonia-free formula.

HOW TO USE: Gently massage into wet hair, lather, and rinse well. For more intense results, and to fight stubborn brassiness, leave shampoo on hair for 2-3 minutes. Use daily until your desired colour result is achieved. To maintain those results, use this shampoo daily. For best results, follow with Violet Crush Purple Conditioner.

Rinse hands immediately after applying shampoo to hair to avoid purple pigment on your hands.

March 31, 2020

A good basic purple shampoo

I was given the opportunity to try out John Frieda’s Intense Purple Shampoo, Violet Crush for Blondes for free. I wash my hair about 1-2 times per week to maintain colour and health. I’ve tried A LOT of blonde shampoos, salon brands and your regular department store options. I was initially surprised (and pleased) to see this one was actually a vivid purple, normally you only get this in the premium salon brands. After a few uses I was pretty happy with results, I did notice a slight difference in lessening my brassy tones. I would definitely recommend this for any blondes new to the purple shampoo realm. That being said it was not as good as my premium brand at reducing brassy tones or maintaining the ashiness I look for. As soon as I used my high end shampoo I noticed an immediate improvement and for that reason alone I’ll be sticking with my premium brand.

1.7/5

Not Good

I tried the conditioner of this and it was not NEARLY pigmented enough to effectively dissipate brassy hair. I have used this conditioner for at least 4 washes and it has shown to hold nothing on my Kristin Ess one.

Hello highlights

I have my natural undyed blonde hair and this shampoo really made my natural highlights pop. It has a nice light scent and is a vibrant purple color that really balances out those brassy tones.
    #freesample

Buh bye brassy tones!

I am going to start this off by simply saying – I love this product. I was immediately drawn to the colourful packaging, it definitely catches the eye. The product smells amazing – not a harsh or overwhelming scent. I especially love that this product contained no ammonia or peroxide so I didn’t have to worry about it drying out my already damaged hair. I left the shampoo in my hair for approximately 5 minutes each time after lathering and noticed a change immediately after my first wash. My brassy tones were gone and my hair instantly looked brighter again. I tried the shampoo in both the shower as well as when taking a bath and had no issues with staining my white tub during either method of washing. I am fully satisfied with this product and will definitely purchase it in the future once my current bottle is gone.

March 25, 2020

Best Drugstore Purple Shampoo

The John Frieda Violet Crush Purple Shampoo is a great drugstore alternative to salon products. I have tried numerous purple shampoos on the market and this certainly rivals them. You can see through the bottle itself how pigmented the shampoo is. I found that it had a nice light scent, lathered well, and cooled down the brassiness of my blonde. I tend to leave purple shampoo in for about 2-3 mins and alternate between my regular shampoo to prevent dryness and brittleness which can result from purple shampoo (this product also contains sulfates).

March 21, 2020

Great shampoo

Absolutely love this shampoo, in one wash i could see a difference. It has taken all the yellow out of my hair and revived it to its lightest color. This shampoo is really, really purple and it temporarily may tint your hands. Also I liked the bottle design. I recommend it to everyone.

March 18, 2020

Purple Shampoo

This purple shampoo is great for being rid of those orange:brassy tones out of your hair. The only problem is it’s pretty drying to your hair so I recommend using a very nourishing Conditioner.

March 18, 2020

Bye bye Brassiness

This product I have been using for 4 days and noticeable difference for removal of Brassiness. It’s becoming golden blonde again. This product doesn’t dry out my hair like the salon types as well.

March 15, 2020

Love the colour and smoothness

Love the colour this gives your hair as it takes out the grassiness of the hair and makes a better blonde. It leaves your hair smooth and fresh. Love the feel of hair after use as well.

March 09, 2020

Great job brightening my hair. I’m will purchase again

I dye my hair blond I have tried both the shampoo and conditioner, it has visibly lightened my hair it takes out the brassiness. The scent is amazing thanks John Freida!