Prestige Item
Joico HydraSplash Hydrating Gelee Masque Reviews

A unique gelée treatment, powerful enough to create a wave of healthy hydration without overpowering delicate strands. Hydrating Gelée Masque is the ultimate, light weight, thirst-quencher for fine, dry, parched hair.

You may also like Joico HydraSplash Hydrating Shampoo, Hydrating Conditioner, and Replenishing Leave-in.

February 12, 2020

Awesome scent but mediocre in effects.

Compared to my salon branded hair masks, the effect of this product was just mediocre, but the scent is very unique and long lasting; clean and fragrant! For me personally, it needed to be more hydrating, but other than that I would strongly recommend this product for its clean scent!

Incredible Masque!

I was selected to try the JOICO HYDRASPLASH GELEE MASQUE for free from ChickAdvisor in exchange for my honest opinion and I really enjoyed it. I used it in tandem with the entire Hydrasplash line and am impressed with the results.

I wish the directions on the package were more clear as I am not sure if I used it properly - it simply says apply to wet hair, leave for 5 mins and rinse well. I would like to know if this is applied before shampoo and conditioner? after? inbetween? I used it before shampoo and found that it did a great job of hydrating my hair. It really is like a masque and will not lather. You need quite a bit of product but it stays on the hair and holds really well. I found it was a little hard to rinse out and therefore was glad I chose to apply it before the shampoo and conditioner.

After towel drying, I noticed my hair was virtually tangle free which never happens. After drying completely I was shocked at how hydrated and soft my hair felt. It still has bounce and movement and doesn't feel weighed down. The smell is also incredible and lasts well into the next wash. I will be using this every other shower from now on!

New Brunswick, Canada

All the moisture!

The Joico Hydrasplash gel mask was the most unique product to me in this product line because I'd never used a gel mask before. The mask is also applied to wet hair (i.e. while you're still in the shower) and I've only ever done hair masks that go onto dry hair. My first impression was that it's definitely more of a gel than a cream and I worried about being able to apply it to my hair evenly. But I didn't have to worry because it did spread out quite nicely once I ran my hands through my hair a few times. Once I washed the mask out, I found that I felt the most noticeable results to my hair! It felt very smooth and moisturized and tangle-free.

Once my hair dried (I let it air dry most days), I found that there was no heaviness or noticeable product in my hair!

Please note that I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review!

2.7/5

Decent product

This product is nice! I don't think this mask is as hydrating as some cheaper drugstore options though. My hair doesn't feel extremely quenched by any means, but it works as well as a relatively hydrating conditioner, but for a hydrating mask, it doesn't quite do enough for my hair. I'm looking forward to using this up, this line was fun to try and I think used all together my hair is actually quite soft and shiny! Great brand, my hair is just extra needy.

0.5/5

Worst masque I ever used

This product is awful. The gel texture masque my hair rough and was really difficult to detangle after use. I didn't understand why Joico made a product like this for fine hair, when it should be the opposite. Our hair is more fragile. I don't recommend it.

Saskatchewan, Canada

Perfect excuse for a relaxing bath

The texture of this masque reminds me of slime. Not as thick as slime but it has that "cling to itself" thing that slime does. If you don't have a child under 10, I'm sorry that this comparison will do nothing for you. The masque also smells like a complex dance between a beach vacation and being squeaky clean.
    The thing with the masque is that it says to leave it in for 5 minutes so I would recommend taking a bath and bringing along a podcast or a good book. I couldn't stand in the shower waiting for 5 minutes I also wouldn't be able to tell you when 5 minutes have passed in the shower (thank you glasses).
    This masque though! It's amazing. I still condition after but I don't think you really need to. It's very moisturizing and leaves my hair very soft. This might also be because during the masque, I was at a VERY intense chapter in a Dean Koontz novel and I left it in for more than 5 minutes.

A note about value: I based my value rating on similar Joico products, as I was not able to find the exact price for this line.

February 10, 2020

A masque that actually works !

I noticed such a difference in my hair even after the first use. My hair is shiny and healthier looking and way less frizzy! This product line smells absolutely amazing while applying it (kind of masculine) and when dry, it’s got a fresh, cool feminine smell.. it’s so unique ! A small dollop goes a long way with this masque, so it is definitely worth the purchase. Love it! Definitely recommend !

February 10, 2020

The Only Hair Mask you Will Need!

The Joico Hydrasplash Hydrating Gelee Masque is the best hair mask I have ever used. It provides a professional level of repair and hydration.

My hair is dry and fine, so other hydrating hair masks can weigh my hair down. But this mask is hydrating and lightweight at the same time. Perfect for me.

It is so easy to apply and the texture makes it enjoyable to use. The smell is also fantastic and leaves a fresh scent behind.

This masque has transformed my hair and it is now healthy, hydrated and silky.

I recommend this hair masque to anyone with dry and fine hair who is looking for healthy, lightweight hydration.

I received this product free for testing purposes but all opinions are my own.

à essayer absolument

J'ai vraiment apprécié l'essaie de ce masque pour les cheveux. Nous retrouvons habituellement un produit épais et riche pour hydrater, mais là vous aller avoir un produit hyper léger et frais qui apporte son lot de résultats! L'hydratation à son comble tout en rendant les cheveux parfaitement brilliants! On le laisse 5-10 minutes avant de rincer et le tour est jouer. Odeur de fraicheur!

Blue goodness

This is one of the better hair masks I’ve tried before. After using shampoo and conditioner I put this in for about 5 minutes and then rinse out. I like to use this hair mask if I’m styling my hair that day because I find my hair won’t get dried out at all. Also my hair looks shiny and gorgeous after each use. A little expensive for the size of product but definitely works if you are willing to spend the money. I will probably purchase again when I’m done.