4.1/5
#18 in Powder

2.0/5

February 07, 2019

Disappointment

Overall, I was very disappointed with this product :( I usually love all the kat von d products I buy but this one for sure was a miss. My concealer creases quickly and the powder has a shimmer which is not ideal for my oily skin

November 14, 2018

Just bought this again!

I've tried a few setting powders, but found that some were glittery and others created flashback. I tried the Kat Von D and found it to be natural looking and easy to use, no drawbacks. I wound up buying a travel size (to save money, I couldn't afford the better deal of the .67oz for $38 CA but I could afforf the .19oz for $20 CA).

The travel size comes with a small puff, which I found great for applying to the undereye area pre-shadow application. Applying excess to that area helps protect against fallout from my shadow application, and since I use loose shadows quite often, its a good idea (and saves me spending money on "shadow shields" which are a waste). When I'm done, I brush away the excess, and apply shadow to my lower lashline.

I also dust this over my forehead, nose and chin with a fluffy brush to help keep those areas matte. It lasts about 6 hours on my forehead, and I can gently dust a bit more around my hairline to cut down on shine.

It lasts a long time, I've maybe used half the travel size in 6 months (I use it once a week or so). So I just recently bought the full size on sale, because I love it and figured it'd be better to get the full size for the reasons I mention earlier (better deal). However the full size does not come with a puff, apparently.

March 13, 2018

Great for oily skin

As a combo skin type, this powder was good for warm weather. During the winter months, it makes my skin look textured instead of smooth.
    However, it is nice under the eyes to prevent concealer creasing.

March 11, 2018

Well worth it!

Easily one of the best setting powders I've used. Bakes well on your concealer as well. Doesn't give shine, doesn't have a thick feeling on your face. The only downside is the cost for a setting powder. Professional products such as Kat Von D are a little on the steep side but they are worth it!

1.0/5

February 23, 2018

Hated this setting powder!!

I usually love kat von d products but this was just terrible for me, setting my under eyes with this was horrible, left them looking super cakey and dry..definitely a pass on this product

February 13, 2018

No more cake face!

I had been on the hunt for a powder that didn't change the colour of my foundation and didn't make me look all cakey and I found it in this one! It is so light weight and a little goes a long way. With the size of container you get, I may never need to buy powder again.

October 03, 2017

Works Like Magic!

I have been searching for a setting powder that will last past lunchtime and through my entire work day. I found it! Lock It Setting powder doesn't give me flashback and truly keeps my skin matte and beautiful.

August 05, 2017

yes yes yes!

Game changer! This powder is THE BEST on the market. The coverage is insane!
    bonus points for being cruelty free and created by one of the most beautiful women on the planet!
    steep on the pockets though.

May 31, 2017

I have had trouble in the past finding a setting powder that didn't show the lines on my undereye. This is AMAZING!!! I absolutely love it and it does a great job hiding lines after concealing! Such an amazing product. Truly recommended.

May 28, 2017

I purchased this based on a recommendation from Sephora. The powder is easy to apply and does help extend the wear of your makeup. Comes in a translucent formula so that you don't get those awful white powder patches on your face.