Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation Reviews
Ranked #6 in Foundation - Prestige

3.2/5

September 21, 2017

Full coverage but ultra matte

I find that the ultra matte formula is a bit aging. It isn't the most forgiving to any kind of texture (blemishes, wrinkles) on the face and can exaggerate these issues, but it does cover the actual issue very well. You just don't want anyone to get too close to your face lol. I sometimes mix it with primer on the back of my hand and then apply it to sheer it out a bit. The shade I have (L 43) is one of the newer additions and doesn't oxidize at all compared to some of the older shades. I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear's formula... but they don't have my exact shade match like KVD does.

September 14, 2017

My new favourite

I asked for a gift certificate from Sephora for Christmas with the intention of finding a good foundation. I wanted a medium to full coverage for normal to dry skin. I they gave me some terrible one that I promptly returned. Then, I got this! One word - Amazing!! It is perfect and you barely need any. I love the pump as it allows me to get exactly what I need. The colour match is perfect too. My cousins have tried it and love it too.

August 27, 2017

Your scans will disappear !

Cover of this foundation is just ... WOW ! Specifically for acne scars ! I recommend absolutely. It's a little bit pricy, but it's a very good investment which avoid to buy a concealer to match with.

2.2/5

August 10, 2017

Too Thick

Left me feeling like I had cake face after just one layer. It covered very well but was just so thick it felt strange on my face. The shade ranges are great for those with pale skin! It's very matte so I don't recommend it for dry skin.

August 05, 2017

the BEST foundation i've found yet.

Love this product! Definitely full coverage.
    Recommend applying with fingers, beauty blender, or makeup brush to find your preference.
    This is by far my favorite foundation.

August 05, 2017

Meh...

I had really high expectations for this foundation but unfortunately, they weren't met. The color seemed great at first but after a while, it starts oxidizing and it made me look darker. Also, I don't think it controls oil/greasiness that much. But then again, I have oily skin, so maybe this foundation just wasn't the right one for me.

July 28, 2017

Insert witty title here

Anything Kat Von D is amazing but this stuff takes the cake! A little goes a long way so you can cover your entire face with a pea sized amount. Or, if you want more coverage then you can slather it on. This formula glides on smoothly and lasts all day without settling into those fine lines and doesn't dry out and flake off. When they claim to cover tattoos they're speaking the truth.

July 19, 2017

Full Coverage, Matte

There are alot of reviews on this product so I'm not sure I can offer any new perspective other than this foundation is matte, full coverage and accentuates texture on the face especially dry spots.You can watch my video about it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5coaJKmii8&t=25s

July 07, 2017

I would 100% buy this again!

I received a sample from Sephora to try the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation in Light 45. I was afraid at first as I have random acne spurts and sometimes really dry skin depending on the season. The foundation covers amazing and lasts pretty much all day and I don't need any touch ups. It doesn't make my skin dryer than before. Overall, it's a great product and well worth the money.

July 02, 2017

Best foundation for my skin type!

I love this foundation from Kat Von D! The product creates medium to high coverage depending on how much you apply. There are a lot of different shades available for this product, which is great for matching your skin colour! Since I started using this product I cannot seem to find a better foundation.