Prestige Item
Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation Reviews

March 13, 2018

Found my favourite foundation!

I had been looking for a full coverage foundation for a long time, but found that the most effective ones were always ~$50/bottle, which was higher than I wanted to pay. Upon first sampling this foundation, I fell in love! It comes in a wide range of colours that fit me throughout every season of the year. It is extremely high coverage and glowy- and I only use half a pump for my whole face! Yes, it can be difficult to look "natural" with this foundation, but it definitely does the job. So in love with this foundation!

February 28, 2018

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

In love! It goes on so smooth and matte. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it at first but now it has become a most have. I like that it hides all my freckles and redness.

February 23, 2018

Incredible foundation

When I say you only need one pump of this foundation to give you a full coverage, I am not joking !!!!
    Recently decided to take the plunge and buy the foundation and I haven't looked back since then.
    Great coverage , great spectrum of colours , great lasting ability!

All around GREAT!
    Even if you were looking for a medium or less coverage ... buy this and dilute it down with your moisturizer...more bang for your buck

February 15, 2018

Definitely going to buy this again and again.

I was recommended this foundation when I was looking for a good full coverage foundation. Now let me tell you this is definitely full coverage. It covers all my acne and acne scars, and I have to use very little product to cover my full face. It’s a little on the expensive side, but seeing as it works so well, I use less than half the amount of product I’d need to cover my face if it were the normal drug store brand I use. The shade range is pretty decent, the colour I use matches my skin just about perfectly. Not to mention the packaging is super cute! One thing I did find is that it smells a little funny, but not bad enough to really bother me, it’s also pretty thick. In my honest opinion, it’s totally worth what it costs, because it lasts you quite awhile! I definitely plan to make this my go to foundation.

February 11, 2018

LOOKING FOR A HIGH-COVERAGE FOUNDATION? THIS IS THE ONE

I'd heard many great things about the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation (liquid foundation), but I was always on the fence about it's price --$42.00 I'm the sort of gal that peruses the aisles at Shopper's Drug Mart and picks up a $15 foundation by Maybelline and calls it a day. I truly love makeup, but at a frugal price.

Nonetheless, I purchased the Lock it Foundation as most of it's reviews were pretty good, and I desperately needed a full coverage foundation, STAT. And let me just say that finding a full coverage foundation is actually a pretty hard thing to do--most of them will settle into lines, or dry out your face to the point where your face becomes itchy. But this one? NONE of that happened!

There were so many shades to choose from (thank god, because I'm certain that my skin colour is way too unique--i can NEVER find a shade that'll fit me perfectly) and there's even a matching concealer line from Kat von D with the same name, so matching a concealer to your foundation is literally so easy!

One thing I'll admit though -- the foundation dries up pretty quickly on your face, which in turn makes it hard to blend out afterwards. For example, I'll dot my face with the foundation, and start at my chin, then blend everywhere else. But when I'd get to my cheeks or my forehead, the foundation had already dried itself in place, so blending it out at that point so no easy task. I'd recommend applying the foundation per area, as you're going along.

Overall, great purchase, but not fond of the price!

February 11, 2018

Good for people with an oily skin type♡

This is a great full coverage foundation. It drys Matte so it is a little drying for the already dry skin type.I think it work perfectly for someone with an oily skin type. Great price and it works great with the hydrating and not sticky lock-it primer.

February 07, 2018

Love love love this product!

This is the only foundation ill use! It has amazing coverage that actually lasts all day and doesnt look cakey. Leaves your face looking flawless. It is pricey but 100% worth the money

January 19, 2018

Meh

So! I will be the first to say that this is hands down a very great coverage foundation. However.. it is terrible To work with and to blend. I had to apply it in one place and blend that area quickly before it dried up and then apply to the next area. Maybe some people do their makeup this way but it is not for me. I had a hard time Working with this product and it makes it difficult for me to love it. I also found it to get blotchy through the day depending on which facial primer I use.

January 14, 2018

Great coverage!

I’d love to have one of those complexions where all I needed was a tinted moisturizer, but unfortunately I’m not 14 anymore. As someone who likes to dabble in pin up couture and makeup, this foundation is amazing at covering all those imperfections and evening out my skin tone to achieve that flawless photo ready look. I have very pink cheeks and struggled to find a product that would cover them completely. A Sephora consultant gave me a sample years ago and I have used only this ever since. It is on the pricey side but it lasts forever so I think it is worth the investment. I do tend to notice fine lines stand out a bit more when my skin is dry so I would recommend a good moisturizer underneath as it is a very thick product but other than that I absolutely love it!

November 06, 2017

This is IT!

I love this product! At my age, and as an alternative to laser treatment, this full-coverage foundation was exactly what I needed! It goes on very even(I use a foundation brush) and lasts all day! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. The kicker... I get compliments on my skin allll the time! If they could see me without the foundation, they would NOT say that!