Prestige Item
Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation Reviews

April 10, 2018
    Texas, United States

LOVE IT

Full coverage foundation that covers EVERYTHING. My go to foundation that is basically waterproof. Highly recommend. Applies evenly over my combo skin, and it never separates.

March 29, 2018
    West Virginia, United States

Would Repurchase

I love this foundation, like I have mentioned before Kat Von D is one of my favorite makeup brands so I had to try this and I love it. I have combination skin and it works really well for my skin. It lasts all day and looks beautiful on the skin. I would not recommend wearing in the summer though because it is a bit of a heavier foundation so it can get a bit cakey in the heat.

March 25, 2018

Lasts a long time, matte finish. But thick product etc

The consistency is thick and it does have a matte finish, but if you wait too long to blend in areas it will quickly dry and it's not moveable. High coverage, but over a few hours it starts to feel cakey and settles into my pores and makes my skin extremely oily.

March 13, 2018

Found my favourite foundation!

I had been looking for a full coverage foundation for a long time, but found that the most effective ones were always ~$50/bottle, which was higher than I wanted to pay. Upon first sampling this foundation, I fell in love! It comes in a wide range of colours that fit me throughout every season of the year. It is extremely high coverage and glowy- and I only use half a pump for my whole face! Yes, it can be difficult to look "natural" with this foundation, but it definitely does the job. So in love with this foundation!

February 28, 2018

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

In love! It goes on so smooth and matte. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it at first but now it has become a most have. I like that it hides all my freckles and redness.

February 23, 2018

Incredible foundation

When I say you only need one pump of this foundation to give you a full coverage, I am not joking !!!!
    Recently decided to take the plunge and buy the foundation and I haven't looked back since then.
    Great coverage , great spectrum of colours , great lasting ability!

All around GREAT!
    Even if you were looking for a medium or less coverage ... buy this and dilute it down with your moisturizer...more bang for your buck

February 15, 2018

Definitely going to buy this again and again.

I was recommended this foundation when I was looking for a good full coverage foundation. Now let me tell you this is definitely full coverage. It covers all my acne and acne scars, and I have to use very little product to cover my full face. It’s a little on the expensive side, but seeing as it works so well, I use less than half the amount of product I’d need to cover my face if it were the normal drug store brand I use. The shade range is pretty decent, the colour I use matches my skin just about perfectly. Not to mention the packaging is super cute! One thing I did find is that it smells a little funny, but not bad enough to really bother me, it’s also pretty thick. In my honest opinion, it’s totally worth what it costs, because it lasts you quite awhile! I definitely plan to make this my go to foundation.

February 11, 2018

LOOKING FOR A HIGH-COVERAGE FOUNDATION? THIS IS THE ONE

I'd heard many great things about the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation (liquid foundation), but I was always on the fence about it's price --$42.00 I'm the sort of gal that peruses the aisles at Shopper's Drug Mart and picks up a $15 foundation by Maybelline and calls it a day. I truly love makeup, but at a frugal price.

Nonetheless, I purchased the Lock it Foundation as most of it's reviews were pretty good, and I desperately needed a full coverage foundation, STAT. And let me just say that finding a full coverage foundation is actually a pretty hard thing to do--most of them will settle into lines, or dry out your face to the point where your face becomes itchy. But this one? NONE of that happened!

There were so many shades to choose from (thank god, because I'm certain that my skin colour is way too unique--i can NEVER find a shade that'll fit me perfectly) and there's even a matching concealer line from Kat von D with the same name, so matching a concealer to your foundation is literally so easy!

One thing I'll admit though -- the foundation dries up pretty quickly on your face, which in turn makes it hard to blend out afterwards. For example, I'll dot my face with the foundation, and start at my chin, then blend everywhere else. But when I'd get to my cheeks or my forehead, the foundation had already dried itself in place, so blending it out at that point so no easy task. I'd recommend applying the foundation per area, as you're going along.

Overall, great purchase, but not fond of the price!

February 11, 2018

Good for people with an oily skin type♡

This is a great full coverage foundation. It drys Matte so it is a little drying for the already dry skin type.I think it work perfectly for someone with an oily skin type. Great price and it works great with the hydrating and not sticky lock-it primer.

February 07, 2018

Love love love this product!

This is the only foundation ill use! It has amazing coverage that actually lasts all day and doesnt look cakey. Leaves your face looking flawless. It is pricey but 100% worth the money