Prestige Item
Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation Reviews

January 19, 2018

Meh

So! I will be the first to say that this is hands down a very great coverage foundation. However.. it is terrible To work with and to blend. I had to apply it in one place and blend that area quickly before it dried up and then apply to the next area. Maybe some people do their makeup this way but it is not for me. I had a hard time Working with this product and it makes it difficult for me to love it. I also found it to get blotchy through the day depending on which facial primer I use.

January 14, 2018

Great coverage!

I’d love to have one of those complexions where all I needed was a tinted moisturizer, but unfortunately I’m not 14 anymore. As someone who likes to dabble in pin up couture and makeup, this foundation is amazing at covering all those imperfections and evening out my skin tone to achieve that flawless photo ready look. I have very pink cheeks and struggled to find a product that would cover them completely. A Sephora consultant gave me a sample years ago and I have used only this ever since. It is on the pricey side but it lasts forever so I think it is worth the investment. I do tend to notice fine lines stand out a bit more when my skin is dry so I would recommend a good moisturizer underneath as it is a very thick product but other than that I absolutely love it!

November 06, 2017

This is IT!

I love this product! At my age, and as an alternative to laser treatment, this full-coverage foundation was exactly what I needed! It goes on very even(I use a foundation brush) and lasts all day! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. The kicker... I get compliments on my skin allll the time! If they could see me without the foundation, they would NOT say that!

0.8/5

October 16, 2017

horrible

Le pire fond de teint que j'ai essayé. Je ne comprend pas du tout pourquoi tout le monde en fait l'éloge. Il ne tient pas du tout alors qu'il promet une tenu 24h. A peine je l'ai appliqué il s'en va, c'est une catastrophe. Au vue du prix, je m'attendais largement à mieux.

3.2/5

September 21, 2017

Full coverage but ultra matte

I find that the ultra matte formula is a bit aging. It isn't the most forgiving to any kind of texture (blemishes, wrinkles) on the face and can exaggerate these issues, but it does cover the actual issue very well. You just don't want anyone to get too close to your face lol. I sometimes mix it with primer on the back of my hand and then apply it to sheer it out a bit. The shade I have (L 43) is one of the newer additions and doesn't oxidize at all compared to some of the older shades. I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear's formula... but they don't have my exact shade match like KVD does.

September 14, 2017

My new favourite

I asked for a gift certificate from Sephora for Christmas with the intention of finding a good foundation. I wanted a medium to full coverage for normal to dry skin. I they gave me some terrible one that I promptly returned. Then, I got this! One word - Amazing!! It is perfect and you barely need any. I love the pump as it allows me to get exactly what I need. The colour match is perfect too. My cousins have tried it and love it too.

August 27, 2017

Your scans will disappear !

Cover of this foundation is just ... WOW ! Specifically for acne scars ! I recommend absolutely. It's a little bit pricy, but it's a very good investment which avoid to buy a concealer to match with.

2.2/5

August 10, 2017

Too Thick

Left me feeling like I had cake face after just one layer. It covered very well but was just so thick it felt strange on my face. The shade ranges are great for those with pale skin! It's very matte so I don't recommend it for dry skin.

August 05, 2017

the BEST foundation i've found yet.

Love this product! Definitely full coverage.
    Recommend applying with fingers, beauty blender, or makeup brush to find your preference.
    This is by far my favorite foundation.

August 05, 2017

Meh...

I had really high expectations for this foundation but unfortunately, they weren't met. The color seemed great at first but after a while, it starts oxidizing and it made me look darker. Also, I don't think it controls oil/greasiness that much. But then again, I have oily skin, so maybe this foundation just wasn't the right one for me.