Prestige Item
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Kit Reviews

February 20, 2019

Slay all day

My absolute favourite contour kit! So negative : price - this is an expensive piece of makeup... cherish it... except if you like to contour everyday.... be prepared for your husband to wonder what’s happening with the bank account.
    Positives- perfect colours. I can’t repeat that louder, the tones are perfect for my skin, my mothers, my sisters, my mother in laws ... it just works.
    It stays on, all damn day. I’ve even had a nap (pregnant life) woke up from my nap played with my toddler and looked in the mirror and still looked chiseled! I have competitor pallets and they are used for my everyday let’s get your face done and get to work deal, but when I’m in a full day of meetings or have more of a need to make sure my face doesn’t wipe off this is my go to.
    The pallet also comes with instructions for any contour newbies and I must say the slim face for the pregnant face is my fav!

December 02, 2018

Best Contour Pallette Ever!

I'm shocked that I am such a fan of Kat Von D products. I never usually purchase products from celebrities. That being said, Kat Von D has mastered their powder products. The shades are stunning, the powder stays and blends beautifully. I've never had a bad make up day using her contour powder sets or eye shadow.

November 20, 2018

Great Contour Kit

This is the perfect universal contour kit. Great pigmentation. I use all 3 of the contour shades. I use the deep one closer to my ear and the lightest one to fade into my cheeks.

September 07, 2018

Very Pigmented Palette!

This palette is very pigmented compared to all the other brands I tried, including the Anastasia palette. I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and I've been buying this palette over and over again, worth every single penny! The blending process is super easy with this palette and give you that amazing contour you'd die for! The only problem is probably the darkest color in my case, as it seems no use to me. I'd say this palette is good for fair to medium skin tone.

June 13, 2018

so-so

This is okay. Very average. When it was applied on my face at Sephora, it looked great so I purchased it instantly. But then I realized that it makes me quite oily. Strangely, I've never had that experience with other blushes, highlighters or bronzers... It happens even when I put on my setting powder over it. I'll save the product until the fall or Winter, but for now, I'm not sure why it's making me so oily so quickly. I definitely don't have that issue without putting it on though. However, I may be the only one who had this problem. It's a pity because I've heard such good things :(

March 20, 2018

Best Contour Palette

I love this contour palette. It goes with every look and is super versatile. The quality of each shade is wonderful, pigmented, smooth and flattering. It’s refillable which is amazing. I got mine from Sephora for around $60 and it was well worth it.

March 13, 2018

Amazinnnng!!

The palette from Kat Von D never stop to impress me! The formula is buttery and smooth, never patchy! The color pay off is soo beautiful! Will check out the rest of the collection!!

November 03, 2017

Great for beginners

had no idea how to contour, however had an interest learning, so I picked up this palette. The shades were nice and creamy. Extremely easy to blend. They all appeared nice on my light skin tone. I really liked the highlights. Nice matte base. The information package it comes with really helped me in learning what exactly I was supposed to do, where it was supposed to go, and how it was supposed to look. The price is kind of expensive, but the refillable part makes it worth it since you can repurchase only the shades you used rather than getting a completely new palette with the same shades you didn’t use. I highly suggest you try it if you are new to contouring, or are simply looking for some nice shades.

August 31, 2017

makeup staple

This is perfect for people who want to contour but don't have much experience. The shades are perfect and easily blendable. Works for everyday wear as well as glam.

July 29, 2017

Love

This is a staple for anyone who loves makeup! The formula is so silky and it blends like a dream. Perfect for a more natural contoured look and it doesn't look muddy at all. This stuff is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.