Prestige Item
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Kit Reviews

November 03, 2017

Great for beginners

had no idea how to contour, however had an interest learning, so I picked up this palette. The shades were nice and creamy. Extremely easy to blend. They all appeared nice on my light skin tone. I really liked the highlights. Nice matte base. The information package it comes with really helped me in learning what exactly I was supposed to do, where it was supposed to go, and how it was supposed to look. The price is kind of expensive, but the refillable part makes it worth it since you can repurchase only the shades you used rather than getting a completely new palette with the same shades you didn’t use. I highly suggest you try it if you are new to contouring, or are simply looking for some nice shades.

August 31, 2017

makeup staple

This is perfect for people who want to contour but don't have much experience. The shades are perfect and easily blendable. Works for everyday wear as well as glam.

July 29, 2017

Love

This is a staple for anyone who loves makeup! The formula is so silky and it blends like a dream. Perfect for a more natural contoured look and it doesn't look muddy at all. This stuff is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.

July 29, 2017

Not enough!

This products have had some amazing revIews. I really like the colours in the shade and light kit. It also lasted a long time. Blends well with the KVON D shade and light contour brush. I just thought the pans seem to run out so fast. I didn't think I would need the refillable kit for an extra $8-$10 bucks. But I'm regretting not purchasing that one now. I think I will experiment with other contour palettes for now.

July 17, 2017

Easy to use

I recently bought it and this is my first contouring palette. It was expensive for me but after using it I felt it was kinda worth. The packaging is good and it includes a guide but I think they could have made the guide and instructions better for the first time users. Also, including a brush would of been better.

June 28, 2017

The best contour kit I've ever owned!

I love Kat Von D make up and I was so excited when I heard of the Shade + Light Contour Kit. I bought this the day it came out, and have used only it for contouring ever since. It has three highlighting shades and three contouring shades that you can use for many different looks! It even comes with a little help guide to show you where to put each to achieve the look you're going for. The powders and palette are extremely good quality and work every cent!

June 21, 2017

Alright but not worth the price

I bought this a few weeks back to see if I could add contouring to my makeup routine. The lady at sephora s old it to me, but even as she did my contouring I could hardly see a difference.
    I guess because it is powder, the effects are not as dramatic. The good news is that there are lots of shades to mix and use together. The downside is that it is so big and bulky. This is good if you are using everyday or are a makeup artist. But for a more low maintenance look, I would get something smaller.
    indon

June 11, 2017

I have had this kit now for over 2 years and I use it about 3-4 times a week and I'm only now running out of colour it's lasted SO long. I love how the pigment adds up easily with every swipe & how easy it is to blend. I use this kit as eyeshadow sometimes as well if I'm limited to space when packing & it's great for that too!

May 24, 2017

This contour palette is the best I have tried. It's very easy to use for beginners as well as people experienced with contour. The shades are good for all skin types and colours I believe. I use the lighter palette. I am very pale but I can use all 6 shades that are provided - 3 light shades for highlighting and 3 dark shades for contouring. Those are powdered contours, which glide on so smoothly and don't leave creases under your eyes or anywhere else on your face. Very pigmented. The dark colours don't look muddy on your face and glide on very nicely as well. You don't have to use a lot of product at once, which is great and which adds to the price being so worth it. I use it every single day and so far it's been 6 months and I still have lots left. I will be repurchasing this over and over.

April 30, 2017

My favourite contour powders! The formula isn't chalky or overly buttery where its hard to blend. I use the shade lyric to highlight my undereye area after applying concealer and it works well. I use the shade sombre to contour the hollows of my cheeks and lightly apply shadowplay along my jawline and forehead to create depth. The palette has lasted me well over near 2 years, and although it costs around 60-65$ CDN, It's well worth it for the amount you get and the quality!