Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Kit Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 435 in Makeup

April 19, 2017

I absolutely love the Kay Von D Shade and Light Contour Kit for everything from an every day to a night on the town! I especially recommend it if you are just getting into the makeup game and lack experience with contouring. Because it is a powder, rather than a cream, product it is much more forgiving. Making it easy to use for beginners to pros.

The one con I did notice for this product is that if you only use this for personal use, you will probably only use two of the shades, one light, and one dark. Maybe four if you tan significantly throughout the year. For myself, I get use out of all the colours. This is because one, I do makeovers for many different people with a variety of skin tones, and two, because depending on the look I am going for I may need a deeper colour. This is because photography makeup may need to be darker.

Honestly, it is one of my favourite palettes and I tend to reach for this more often than my cream contours because it is a time saver in the morning. On top of that Sephora launch, a new version of this palette that allows you to refill certain colours, which is absolutely amazing. I definitely, recommend this palette!

April 18, 2017

I have bought this in the past and actually panned out the whole palette I loved the banana powder color top all the way to the left its the prettiest for lightening my face and it works well since its a powder.

April 17, 2017

LOVE this palette. I was a little apprehensive at the price at first, but I've had it for over a year now and am not even close to being done. I use all of the colours in one way or another, and the formula is very blendable

March 28, 2017

best present ever, amazing palette, great to work with as well..
    price worth it since it last a long time, mine is being with me for 2 years already.

i am getting there with contouring and this palette helped me a lot, the yellow tone is great for setting under the eyes..

March 24, 2017

I love this palette although I only tend to use a couple of the shades so when I hit pan on them I will probably buy the individual refills. Great quality and the palest contour shade is great for my pale skin.

March 17, 2017

I love this contour palette. I had the original and when I was done I bought the refillable palette. Now I just buy the refills of the pans that I finish faster. It's super easy to use and looks so natural. Probably one of the better contour palettes on the market!

January 16, 2017

This is my first full contour palette. While the colour range is good I have very fair skin and I am finding I can really only use the lightest colours. The colour builds very well which I like. The price for me is a huge disappointment and quality wise the size of the product that I am able to use vs. the overall packaging size and use I am getting, I doubt I will repurchase. I think the new "refillable" one might have made more sense for my needs however, it costs even more and I would have still ended up with colours I cannot use.

January 10, 2017

This is a nice palette however I'm not sure it is worth the money. This is the first contour palette that I purchased and overall I am satisfied with the pigmentation and quality of the powders however I don't find myself often reaching for this powder. I don't heavily contour my face so I tend to use more of a lighter bronzer. I would recommend this if you're looking for a sharp contour and would use it often. Based on my usage of this, I won't be repurchasing.

December 05, 2016

at first i was hesitant to purchase this, as many of the girls working at sephora said it was better for people with darker skin to use, but after enough time practising my contouring i purchased this, and found it very easy to work with, the colours are just right to contour with, i am in love with this, definitely top of my list for contour kits

September 17, 2016

Love this product. All of Kat's palettes have beautiful packaging and this one is no different. The colours are the perfect tone for nearly all skin tones and are so pigmented and easy to blend. My only complaint would have been that being fair, I have finished the lightest contour shade and haven't touched the darkest, but Sephora will soon be selling refill pans, so this palette could last forever!