Prestige Item
Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Reviews

June 20, 2020

Tingle tingle

The colour is a dark green out of the tube, and I really like the aroma (very earthy). I just use a small dollop and I find it’s enough as this product packs a punch! It has a nice fine grittiness to the texture and I can feel my skin warming from the active ingredients almost instantly when I use it. I don’t have sensitive skin but I have to be careful not to rub this exfoliator too hard or leave it on too long or it can really take a layer off of me. However, using a gentle circular motion for a couple minutes and a lukewarm water rinse my skin feels amazing - totally clean and refreshed and so soft! I like to use it every 14 days in the evening and follow with an intensive moisturizer, totally feels like I’ve had a facial.

June 20, 2020
    Missouri, United States

Amazing chemical exfoliant

I recently came across this amazing product from @katesomervilleskincare
    It's a gentle exfoliating treatment, containing AHA(Lactic acid) and BHA(salicylic acid) being the key ingredients. It does an amazing job of unclogging the pores, removing dead cells and help fade away any discoloration and uneven skintone.
    It also has papaya, pineapple and enzyme extracts to reveal skin's natural glow, along with Aloe vera, Vitamin A,C,E and Honey for hydration and brightness.
    It helped me improve the appearance of my skin texture and eventually reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
    Use it once or twice a week. Apply a thin layer, massage in circular motions for 30seconds, leave on for another 2minutes and rinse. You may experience some tingling but it's not too bad. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin🙂
    It's a little on the expensive side, retails for $85US but well worth it.
    If you don't mind spending that much, this is a must buy.

3.2/5

April 21, 2020

A nice treat, but not worth the splurge

I have to preface this review by acknowledging just how exorbitantly expensive this face scrub is. I received a small travel-size version in a Sephora kit a few years ago, and have since received full-sized versions through FabFitFun. I can say with certainty that I will never be paying out of pocket for this exfoliator, but have been enjoying the luxury of such a premium treat for my skin. I know a lot of people are not fans of the scent, but that's honestly one of the selling features for me of any product - the best way to describe this is herbal and medicinal, both scents of which are strangely right up my alley. I also love the unusual green colour! Superficial aspects aside, the exfoliating effects of this are great (not too harsh on my skin, and not too soft), but I can see how some with more sensitive skin may find this irritating. I feel that it gets into my pores and does a great job, leaving my skin with a bit of a glow after use. I tend to follow the instructions that recommend leaving it on for a few minutes, and then use my Foreo to remove, though I don't know how much of a difference the latter makes. It's a very pleasant scrub and seems to have some impact on my face, but I could never justify the pricetag!

2.7/5

April 07, 2020

Not a fan

I received this product for free as a Sephora sample. I found it way too harsh for my sensitive skin. It gave me a rash and caused dry skin all over my face. I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone with even remotely sensitive skin.

February 26, 2020

Love it!

It definitely tingles and warms your face, but my skin felt so silky smooth after the first treatment. For those with sensitive skin I wouldn't leave it on too long. The smell is strong, but it works so well it is worth it!

February 05, 2020

Love this but out of my normal price range

I received this exfoliating treatment in a subscription box and I was excited to try it out. The colour is a dark green out of the tube, and I really like the aroma (very earthy). I just use a small dollop and I find it’s enough as this product packs a punch! It has a nice fine grittiness to the texture and I can feel my skin warming from the active ingredients almost instantly when I use it. I don’t have sensitive skin but I have to be careful not to rub this exfoliator too hard or leave it on too long or it can really take a layer off of me. However, using a gentle circular motion for a couple minutes and a lukewarm water rinse my skin feels amazing - totally clean and refreshed and so soft! I like to use it every five days in the evening and follow with an intensive moisturizer, totally feels like I’ve had a facial. Price point is an issue but as I mentioned a little goes a long way.

September 27, 2019

Left my skin feeling oh so smooth!

I got this exfoliant in a subscription box and was really excited to try it out. It was an instant hit for me. I’ve been using is once every 3 days for the past few weeks and it’s been amazing.
    It’s got a really smooth granular texture when you rub it in. And it’s bright green, which is a fun surprise. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. Definitely brightens things up.
    I like to finish my face off with a moisturizing face toner, and voila!

August 06, 2019
    Virginia, United States

Gentle exfoliation

This is a gentle exfoliator that leaves your skin silky smooth. It’s gentle so you can scrub as hard as you want and it delivers excellent results. It’s effective and works great on all skin types and I recommend it.

May 23, 2019

KATE Somerville ExfoliKate

KATE Somerville Exfoliate for sensitive skin. I love this Exfoliate. You have to be careful it can really scrape up your face if your too harsh. I add a lot of water. I gently massage into my fave for about 2-3 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Pat dry. My skin is so soft. Make sure you use a moisturizer afterwards. Don’t use more than once a week. It can be drying to your skin. Just wish it wasn’t so expensive.

April 18, 2019

One of my fav scrubs!

I love this scrub so much! I got this as part of a fabfitfun box and I was not disappointed. The packaging is simplistic and professional which I love. The scrub itself is green with granular texture which I prefer over larger microbeads. I feel like I get a really good scrub when using this product, and my skin looks brighter and smoother after use! The smell is good too, especially if you like cinnamon. The only set back for me is the price. It's quite high for a scrub, but I would recommend it if you can afford it.