La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO Dual Action Acne Treatment Reviews

*Note from ChickAdvisor Editors: This product has been reformulated and relaunched as La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO[+].  Please check your product packaging prior to adding your review to make sure it's for the right formula.

Please add new La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO[+] reviews on ChickAdvisor at this link or visit the La Roche-Posay website for additional product information.

June 15, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

Amazing Acne Cream

This product is an amazing acne cream. It is very moisturizing but it's not oily nor does it leave a shine. It's amazing under makeup or alone and it does what it says it gets rid of your acne with-in days of using. This product can be used with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Astringent Lotion

June 03, 2019

Amazing

I have been blessed with both sensitive skin and acne that has only started to calm down in my 30's.
    I use this when ever I notice a pimple/break out and is very effective at clearing up my skin without painfully drying it out like most acne products.
    I love everything I've tried from the Effaclar line so far!

April 30, 2019

WORKS

It WORKS in the beginning and it helps to dry out you acne / it peels the skin, but after a while your skin will get used to it, and you wont see the results that you used to see.
    But if you get some breakouts once in a while and you apply it before bed, it is A GREAT CHOICE

April 06, 2019

Very effective!

This is very effective at reducing pimple size and redness. I personally suffer from hormonal breakouts around that time of the month so this is a great spot treatment to use around that time. It does take a couple days to see its effect and one con would be that after applying at night, the next morning there is some peeling around my pimples due to dryness and the fact that it has salicylic acid. But overall, 10/10 recommend to anyone who has recurring pimples and hormonal acne.

April 04, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Totally works! Lives up to all claims.

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks and it’s completely eliminated a entire breakout. And a blind zit I had been battleing for way too long. I tried it because it was on sale and I just wasn’t getting anywhere with my current treatment and now I’ll probably keep it in stock forever.

January 31, 2019

Non-drying spot treatment!

Quick foreword on my situation, I get very predictable and painful acne on my chin and also unpredictable lone pimples just for funsies. This works great on big red pimples that haven't come to a head. After the first use they shrink and lose a lot of the redness and stinging. After maybe 3-4 days they're tiny, no longer red, and no longer painful. There's still a little bump, but it's practically invisible and eventually disappears. I'm not sure if applying more at this point speeds things along, but at least they aren't painful or visible anymore!

I like that this spot treatment heals the pimples without drying them out like so many treatments tend to. It's a bit pricey, but a bottle lasts a long time given that it's a spot treatment.

November 24, 2018

Wonder product for texture!

I absolutely love this product for helping with my skins uneven texture. I find it works pretty well with helping to prevent acne however I still do get hormonal acne from periods. I have purchased this product over and over!

October 28, 2018

La différence

Contrairement aux autres produits ciblés pour l'acné, cette crème n'assèche pas la peau de façon drastique. Elle empêche les points noirs de grossir, dégonfle les petits kystes et atténue les petits boutons hormonaux.

September 11, 2018

La perfection dans un tube

Le produit miracle pour mon acné depuis des années! Je ne peux pas vous décrire à quel point il sauve ma vie lorsque jai des crises d’acnée. Simple a utilisé et efficace en 2-3 jours je n’ai plus rien. Vous devez l’essayer!

June 20, 2018

dry zits fast!

Im using this when I have hormonal acne and it works well. It dries my pimples very fast. The product is very light and not sticky. It doesn't have a strong smell. My pimple went away after 4days. I found it on the expensive side of skin care 'cause it is very small (47ml). Maybe because it is made in France. I hope someday they will be more generous to portions and this product rarely go on sale. I would still buy it coz its very effective.