L'Oréal Paris Root Cover Up Reviews
#22 in Hair Colour

June 12, 2017

I have received L'oreal Paris Root-Cover-Up in brown complimentary in exchange for my honest review about a year ago. Have repurchased many times since then.

I received the dark brown to use as a cover up for my grey hair. I don't have much grey, or enough to dye my hair so this root cover up is a life saver. It is great to have when you are on the go or have an event to attend and have no time to dye your hair. This works well for me when I have my hair up, there are random strands of grey hair sticking out sometimes, so just a couple of sprays will do the trick.

Please use an old towel or some type of cape when using this product. The spray is going to blast everywhere. It does take awhile to get the right amount. It is fairly easy to use. Just cover your top up with something if you don't want a permanent stain.

Overall this works well to cover up grey and it also works well if you want to make your hair look fuller. I highly recommend this product.

June 06, 2017

I tried this product in "brown"; I have dark brown hair. It's my new best friend!!! It worked very well to temporarily cover grays between colouring. I would recommend a shade lighter than your hair colour. I felt that the applicator was a bit hard to use. Until, I got used to it, it was hard to get a controlled even spray. It made me spray in blasts. It was also a bit challenging to aim correctly. Overall, I am in love with this product and am recommending it to friends. As a bonus for those with thinning hair, it also made the hair look fuller at the roots but slightly coloring the scalp.

May 30, 2017

Totally love the L'ORÉAL Root Cover Up to help for my in between hair color touch ups! Love how easy it is to use with a perfect snout , blends in your hair with no residue nor drips after usage. I Truly like that L'ORÉAL offers a verity of 8 hair colors for all hair types. Love that I can leave it in my hair for a few days until my next shampoo. Most of my gray roots appear in the front of my head so it's very noticeable once my roots start to grow out. But now that I have this amazing product I can wait a little longer to visit my hair beautician. The Light Golden Brown was a perfect fit for my hair color because I have highlights and blends in perfectly. I feel more confident when I can cover my roots when stepping out to a social gathering or just to have Dinner my husband.

April 26, 2017

I tried this product in "brown", and found that it worked very well to temporarily cover grays between colouring. The colour seems to run darker than what is on the label, so it may be a good idea to purchase a shade lighter than your hair colour. I felt that there was room for improvement for the applicator, as it was a little challenging to aim correctly. Overall, I really like this product and will continue to use it.

March 14, 2017

L oreal root cover up is a great product to do a quick touch up on my grey roots. The spray is quick and with a quick brush in to blend the colour I can be on the go. I don't find it makes a line of colour easily seen by others. The first few times I did find it a little sticky looking but quickly realized at using short quick bursts of colour allows it to cover lighter and more evenly.
    I would recommend this to others wanting a quick fix for roots that are naturally close to the over all colour.

2.0/5

February 03, 2017

I was given this product as a free trial and I hated it. I tried the red and it was more like a dark brown. Also, it made my hair feel sticky and I couldn't brush them well at all after using it. I also found that it made my scalp itchy and when I scratched, my fingers would get covered with the stuff. I found it hard to apply too. Really disappointed. I would not recommend or buy again

June 16, 2016

I was given a free trial of this L'Oreal Paris Root Cover Up in dark blonde. This product does exactly what it says it does, it temporarily covers greys. I found it a bit of a challenge at first to get the right pressure and distance on the spray can. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to use and it covered my roots. This product has a bit of a smell when you spray it but that disappears. The product dries quickly and blends in nicely to my hair color. Looks good but dare not touch my hair as it really dries it out. Great spray to use when you just can't get your hair colored or get to the salon. Would I use this product in the future? Yes I would.

June 14, 2016

This product worked so well on my brown hair. You have to be careful not to use too much at once. And hold the can about 8 inches from your hair. I usually get my hair coloured (to cover grey) every six weeks at the salon at $80 per visit. This product allows me to stretch my salon visits to ten weeks now!!! I love it!!

3.2/5

May 13, 2016

Amazing coverage but it sucks that it only last for one wash but it is good if you have an important meeting and you can't dye your hair just spray and your ready to go.

1.7/5

May 13, 2016

I received this product free as a trial. I received the dark blonde root touch up and was disappointed to note it is more of a medium brown. It is also tricky to use - you need a light spray from a foot away so it is not very accurate. It's also a pain to get off any surfaces or skin and covers your scalp at your root so looks a bit off. If you can find an appropriate colour and typically get an expensive salon colour it may rise you over for a few days but I wouldn't suggest it to friends or family nor would I use it again.