L'Oréal Paris Root Cover Up Reviews

Ranked #39 out of 325 in Hair Colour

April 26, 2017

I tried this product in "brown", and found that it worked very well to temporarily cover grays between colouring. The colour seems to run darker than what is on the label, so it may be a good idea to purchase a shade lighter than your hair colour. I felt that there was room for improvement for the applicator, as it was a little challenging to aim correctly. Overall, I really like this product and will continue to use it.

March 14, 2017

L oreal root cover up is a great product to do a quick touch up on my grey roots. The spray is quick and with a quick brush in to blend the colour I can be on the go. I don't find it makes a line of colour easily seen by others. The first few times I did find it a little sticky looking but quickly realized at using short quick bursts of colour allows it to cover lighter and more evenly.
    I would recommend this to others wanting a quick fix for roots that are naturally close to the over all colour.

February 03, 2017

I was given this product as a free trial and I hated it. I tried the red and it was more like a dark brown. Also, it made my hair feel sticky and I couldn't brush them well at all after using it. I also found that it made my scalp itchy and when I scratched, my fingers would get covered with the stuff. I found it hard to apply too. Really disappointed. I would not recommend or buy again

June 16, 2016

I was given a free trial of this L'Oreal Paris Root Cover Up in dark blonde. This product does exactly what it says it does, it temporarily covers greys. I found it a bit of a challenge at first to get the right pressure and distance on the spray can. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to use and it covered my roots. This product has a bit of a smell when you spray it but that disappears. The product dries quickly and blends in nicely to my hair color. Looks good but dare not touch my hair as it really dries it out. Great spray to use when you just can't get your hair colored or get to the salon. Would I use this product in the future? Yes I would.

June 14, 2016

This product worked so well on my brown hair. You have to be careful not to use too much at once. And hold the can about 8 inches from your hair. I usually get my hair coloured (to cover grey) every six weeks at the salon at $80 per visit. This product allows me to stretch my salon visits to ten weeks now!!! I love it!!

May 13, 2016

Amazing coverage but it sucks that it only last for one wash but it is good if you have an important meeting and you can't dye your hair just spray and your ready to go.

May 13, 2016

I received this product free as a trial. I received the dark blonde root touch up and was disappointed to note it is more of a medium brown. It is also tricky to use - you need a light spray from a foot away so it is not very accurate. It's also a pain to get off any surfaces or skin and covers your scalp at your root so looks a bit off. If you can find an appropriate colour and typically get an expensive salon colour it may rise you over for a few days but I wouldn't suggest it to friends or family nor would I use it again.

May 11, 2016

As a mom of five kids I'm starting to see the silver lining in my hair, literally, but with L'Oreal Root Cover up it's my little secret!I loved the ease of use of the product, it dried quickly and I was able to go about my day.
    Likes:
    The colour matched really well. I was actually fairly impressed with it.
    It was easy to apply.
    It was super quick to apply and to dry
    I found it easy to comb through (other people complained it was “stiff” but I did not find it to be stiff at all.)
    As you can see it covered up the grey really nicely, even though I did a quick/uneven job.
    It feels natural. Doesn’t leave a film etc.
    Dislikes:
    The smell when applying it. I was in my bathroom and it made me a bit lightheaded. I would probably not have had this issue if I had been in a more ventilated area, or if the window was open. So I really suggest using somewhere nice and ventilated. I will say the smell doesn’t linger or anything, so I’m 99% sure ventilation was my issue.
    If you get it on your skin your skin will take on the colour, though I found it came off easily. People have reported touching their hair has left their hands coloured, but I didn’t find that at all. I think it’s important to wait until it’s dry before touching.
    I wished it lasted a bit longer than one wash. But the product did last until the wash, which is what it claimed to last.
    I'm definitely going to keep it handy so that my grey streaks can remain my little secret, and would recommend it to other people.
    ** I received this product free to test and review, this review is based on my own opinion of the product **

1.5/5

May 03, 2016

L'Oreal Root Cover up is used to cover temporarily cover or conceal grey roots or grey strands in your hair.

I was given L'Oreal Root Cover up in Dark Brown to review.

I have to take a moment to apologize here and say that I forgot to take a picture of it while it was in my hair and I had such a bad experience with it that I will not be reapplying to take one. Read ahead to hear about my experience.

But I will say that it is lightweight and non sticky and did cover the grey perfectly, and blended very well into my hair and it did wash out after one use.

The nozzle is long and pretty pointed which makes it easy to distribute the product to the grey areas quite easily without making any mess.

But for me this is where the good qualities end.

I used it Saturday night when I was getting ready to go out for the night. The product can did not tell me if I could use any heat styling products after usage or not. Such as a straightener or curling iron but I am going to assume here that I couldn't. So I styled my hair and then applied the L'Oreal Root Cover up to my problem grey areas around the sides of my head and some through out.

It covered well as I stated above and I was able to blend it into my hair very well.

Next I went on to us a brush through my hair and it literally was getting stuck as I was brushing, I tried a comb as well with the same experience. It felt like I was dragging the brush through a matted knotty feeling hair that was super dry or something. I am not even sure how to explain the sensation.

I ended up putting my hair in a pony tail because I never had enough time to wash my hair before having to leave to go.

When I got home from our time out I literally could not wait to get this stuff out of my hair. It took two shampoos using unseen amounts of shampoo to even get this stuff out of my hair completely. The color part washed out pretty quickly but it took a lot longer to get the actual product off my hair.

Next I used a lot more conditioner than I normally would. It did not even make my hair feel remotely close to its normal self. My hair felt so dry.

After this I even took an additional step and used a dry oil in my hair to try to add some nourishment back into it.

After two washes with lots of shampoo, more conditioner than I have ever had to use at one time in my life and a dry oil treatment my hair still do not feel the way that it normally does.

I am writing this a day after and I have to say that my hair still feels awful today. It feels dry to the touch and its hard to even run my hands through my hair softly like I used to be able to. I am hoping that after another wash this feeling will pass.

I am NOT impressed with this product at all, and I do NOT recommend it at all. In fact this product will never be in my hair ever again, it is not worth the damage it has put my hair through.

I am giving this two stars in the effectiveness area. I honestly struggled with this, I wanted to give it 1 star because of how bad of a time I had using the product. But there were a couple of redeeming qualities.

1. It does cover grey hair and pretty well.
    2. It blends very well so that it looks pretty natural in your hair.

I think this is probably the first time I have ever had to write a review on a product that I completely disliked as much as this, and for that I offer no apologies because I was expected to write an honest and unbiased review which I have done.

Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary to write an honest review. All opinions are my own and I will not be compensated in any way for writing this review. I stand by all the reviews that I write.

April 28, 2016

So I was sceptical at first but I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! As you can see in my picture it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is very easily to apply and gives excellent coverage without having to use too much of the product. I am very happy with this temporary root cover up. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quick root touch up.
    I do suggest wearing a towel as the fine mist may get onto your clothing.

I did receive this product for free to try and review, all opinions are my own.