LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo Reviews
#926 in Shampoo

May 18, 2018

The smell is addicting and the quality BLOWS my mind.

This purple shampoo is unlike any other I have purchased! I have had chemically treated blonde hair for quite sometime but when my roommate purchased this shampoo the smell alone got me hooked! The smell is a beautiful mix of fruit and bubblegum that when used is extremely fragrant and literally makes my whole house smell like it! I get compliments all the time from strangers because they think the scent is my perfume! I have extremely thick hair but for this shampoo a lot goes a long way, and the small bottle has lasted me 4+ months. Overall, it does reduce brass tones in my hair and smells insanely good but beware it can stain your shower or clothes from the colour if you don't rinse it immediately.

0.5/5

May 16, 2018

Turned my hair pink

Left it in for about half an hour (as I’ve done with other silver shampos), rinsed it, and looked up to se my hair had turned pink. It’s been two weeks and the color has still not dissapeared, the smell of the shampoo only dissapeared after I washed my hair over 7. Times. Would not recomend.

April 10, 2018

works great!

Lush's Daddy O shampoo is great for blondes! I used this on my color treated blonde hair to get rid of any brassiness or discoloration.. It is a little more expensive than drug store shampoos with the purple toner, but I love how Lush focuses on quality and ingredients vs quantity.

March 08, 2018

Mon shampoing favori d'entre tous.

Après plusieurs années de vie passées à me laver les cheveux - toujours à la recherche du Saint-Graal des shampoing - Voici donc que sur ma route tombe le fameux Daddy-O (ou Papas distingués en français). Première impression incertaine, il sent très fort la violette; mais l'ensorcelante odeur finit par envoûter quiconque la sent et sous le charme je réitère l'expérience. Cette l'odeur reste sur mon cheveu pendant près de 3 jours et fort heureusement, la qualité du shampoing est si bonne que je n'ai besoin de me laver les cheveux que 2 fois semaine ! Un joueur digne des plus grand shampoing de salon.
    De couleur violette pour cheveux blonds ou gris, mais qui fonctionne aussi pour les brunettes comme moi qui veulent seulement profiter de ses autres qualités. Maintenant j'ai de beaux cheveux doux et en santé et en plus ils sentent la fleur !

December 19, 2017

Weird name.. for blondes?

Going Platinum is always scary, endlessly trying to avoid brassy tones. This Vegan shampoo is great to help conquer the unwanted tones. Smell is great, texture is great, and if you leave it on for a long time it really turns ashy. For a Vegan shampoo, it is very effective!!

October 10, 2017

Smells amazing!

The price of this product is definitely up there, but I really enjoy it. I can't say it does anything different from other purple shampoos in terms of brightening/maintaining my blonde hair, but a huge plus to this is that it smells a million times better than other purple shampoo! I personally have dyed medium ash blonde hair, but I lend it to a friend with platinum blonde hair and I could see a noticable difference in just one wash.

May 15, 2017

I have blonde hair, bleach ends and ash blonde roots, so I find the balance between ash and yellow blonde are a nightmare sometimes. I personally am a yellow blonde hater (on myself). I have used other purple tinted shampoos that left my hair feeling greasy right after washing. Daddy-O leaves my air feeling fresh and cleans, the smell is SO WONDERFUL and it is the first LUSH shampoo I have used (in years) that actually lathers and creates suds very easily! I bought the smallest bottle and I will definitely be returning for the larger bottle. Some other pluses: a little goes a long way, leaves a nice silvery tint, can be held in the hair fora few minutes without a greasy feeling after, little yellow left in my hair!! :)

September 19, 2016

it does a great job at lightening my blonde that I thought was ruined (it was an ugly copper colour from fading and now is a lot brighter a nice) the bottle lasts forever too!

June 29, 2016

This shampoo smells absolutely wonderful, but is super expensive. It left my hair feeling amazing and wonderfully scented, but this isnt a product that I could consistently afford.

June 17, 2016

I only had a sample of this, so I may need to get more samples or buy a small bottle to see more effects. I colour my hair blonde, so I am always in search for shampoo to get rid of the brass colour. I think this did a pretty good job with cutting down the brass, but I was only able to get 2 uses out of the shampoo.