4.1/5
LUSH Herbalism Cleanser Reviews

A powerful decongestant for your pores, Herbalism is best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin. Fear not! Herbalism's heroic blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile are here to tame problematic skin. Ground rice bran acts as an effective exfoliant, while kaolin (also known as China clay) reaches deep down into pores to clean out dirt and debris. Use this cleanser in combination with Grease Lightning for balanced, even skin.

July 14, 2019
    Croydon, United Kingdom

Lovely cleanser for combination/oilier skin

Really like lush cleansers, this one is great for an oilier/combination skin or in the summer time. It smells a bit odd, very 'herb' like but it doesn't bother me. This will not remove makeup so it should be used on bare skin, and I would recommend using it in the shower to make less of a mess! It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean but not dry/stripped at all.

June 04, 2019

Genuinely works!!

My skin is usually very well behaved but during a very stressful time in my life, it was a disaster. I went into Lush to use a gift card and save my face and I was recommended this product to help with sudden breakouts. I was very impressed to say the least. My skin cleared up within a few days and is as soft as ever. I use it when I shower (every other day) and it's lasted me at least 2 months now and I'm about 2/3 finished. It smells a little funky but doesn't linger and I've gotten used to it!

November 20, 2018

Best cleanser for average price

Herbalism is super abrasive and works really well for my combination skin. But i don’t recommend using everyday for people with sensitive skin because the consistency is kinda rough. But my skin always feels so fresh and clean after. Adds a nice glow.

March 13, 2018

Good scrub

Great for sensitive skin. I would use a makeup remover before this cleanser because it doesn't remove all makeup. Cruelty free, great smell, natural and can help with acne.

March 10, 2018

Amazing Toner

Recently visited the Lush at the Eaton Centre and picked this cleanser up. The employees were super kind and had a lot of recommendations for my mixed (oily and dry) skin type. I heard a lot of good things about this cleanser and how it's perfect for those who wanted to tone their skin. Although I was a little unsure when I saw the price, I definitely have to say that this is worth every penny as a little goes a long way, I used to use the St. Ives cleansers from Walmart but they contained a lot of unnatural ingredients. I love how Lush uses natural ingredients and calming oils. The next time you visit Lush, ask for a sample! This is apart of my night time routine and I love the results I get!

1.5/5

November 10, 2017

Smells Bad, Broke Me Out

I tried this because the store was all out of Dark Angels. I loved the green colour but the scent was headache-inducing and unfortunately I have tried it about 3 times and every time I get little pimples on my forehead and cheeks after. It's a bummer because I love LUSH products especially their cleansers but this one did not work for me. Others swear by it though so maybe pick up a sample as lush is great with their samples.

August 28, 2017

A gentle exfoliant for those with sensitive skin.

I am torn with this product. For me personally, the price tag isn't worth it. I went to lush a few weeks back and the kind people working at lush were helping me pick out a cleanser. I tried this there and on first use was very intrigued. I am always looking for products that have multiple uses, such as this (cleanser and exfoliant). I was first pulled in as I was looking for something that may brighten my skin. I was sold there, but they did not have the product in stock and offered me a sample that lasted me over one week. You do not need much, she said to use a pea size and massage it in my palm with a little bit of water. This atfirat did not bother me, but eventually I hated it! I don't like the mess it makes and I lost a lot of product this way as it needed awhile to build the lather. I also did not see any brightening of the after 1 week. I do however like the exfoliating component as it is not to harsh on the skin (it's almonds after all). I will not be repurchasing.

August 14, 2017

Mattifying

This all natural product is good for someone with an oily t zone. It mattifies skin without drying it out. It has a fresh scent and spreads easily when wet.

July 27, 2017

Great for sensitive skin

My skin is prone to redness and dryness and I have some small breakouts. Every cleanser I've ever used has left my skin red and irritated and feeling tight. This is the best cleanser I've used! It exfoliates gently and doesn't dry out my skin. After washing my face it isn't red at all, the cleanser is very gentle. I use it with a soft silicon scrubber and a little bit goes a long way. The only downside is it is a bit messy. It doesn't smell as strong as some other lush products. I love it!

July 16, 2017

Lush love!

I have oily skin and I find this cleanser very helpful. I agree with everyone else saying about that it is not easy to get the consistency expected but after a few times doing it now I can get exactly the same as the girl at Lush did when I was trying it at the store. Very good product for sensitive skins too; and the "smell" of it...I love it! Not everyone likes it but my weird self do.