MAC Cosmetics Paint Pots Reviews
#5 in Eye Shadow

Highly pigmented colours, enjoy MAC paint pots for all your facial makeup needs! As always, MAC provides great colour with minimal use of the product. Starting with a creamy application, Paint Pots will dry matte on your lids for a beautiful smooth finish. Mac Paint pots will create a non cakey look, and is colour fast!
Visit their main website for more information at www.maccosmetics.com

February 26, 2010

This is my go-to base. I use it basically everyday unless i'm going of a different color look or a super dark look. I apply it on my eyelids with my finger. It helps warm up the product a little bit and spread really easily. You need very little of this in order to create a base. This is more of a matte base and creates a nice canvas, especially for matte shadows. I find that the color of my eyeshadow is intensified. It lasts me all day and doesn't crease on my. On the tiny downside, i find that sometimes it breaks my eyelid out a little. I'm talking about a tiny whitehead once in a long while - so it doesn't bug me. Overall, this is a definitely must for me!

December 20, 2009

I absolutely love MAC paint pots, but in particular Painterly. It is the base that I use almost daily when applying eye shadow. Before I used this, I had tried countless products that just never did the trick. I have fair skin and I've always had a harder time, getting eye shadows to show up true to color. This works amazing as a base, it provides a blank canas for my eye lids and also, since it is about the same color as my skin, it covers up any darkness or veins on my eyelids. There are times however, that it can crease on you. But usually I don't have that problem, but at times I use urban decay primer potion underneath, which can help. I do that especially during the winter when my eye lids get a little drier. The paint pot goes on smooth and really brings out the true color of eyeshadows. It is also easy to blend eye shadows when using this as a base. It is a product that I absolutely recommend and one that I have re-purchased time and time again and will continue to. If you are having issues getting your eye shadows to show up, I would suggest looking into the paint pots. There are some other alternatives, depending on your skin tone.

September 11, 2007

The MAC Paint Pots are eyeshadows that have more colour intensity and heavy staying power. This product will last you a very long time (given the quality & quantity) and it will last a long time on your eyelids. That being said, your face won't melt so it's best to use this when going out to a club, party or an night event.