MAC Cosmetics Paint Pots Reviews
#5 in Eye Shadow

Highly pigmented colours, enjoy MAC paint pots for all your facial makeup needs! As always, MAC provides great colour with minimal use of the product. Starting with a creamy application, Paint Pots will dry matte on your lids for a beautiful smooth finish. Mac Paint pots will create a non cakey look, and is colour fast!
Visit their main website for more information at www.maccosmetics.com

January 15, 2016

I love the mac paint pots. You can use it has a base or only the eyeshadow who is great :)

July 17, 2015

I bought this after my primer ran out. The shade I have is "painterly" (peachy nude) and I use this as my eye primer now. On days I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup, I put this on my eye lids and it instantly brightens my eyes. It definitely helps my shadow stay longer. I have oily skin and this works perfectly for me.

June 09, 2015

I absolutely love this shadow. It goes creamy and lasts all day. It's worth every penny

June 08, 2015

Hands down the BEST eyeshadow base ever. I have tried every other brand and have gone back to this classic! i own several shades and i plan on getting more

May 30, 2015

I must say that I have a slight obsession with MAC Paint Pots. They are so great to use as a base for any eyeshadow look. Its noteworthy to mention that I still use a primer when using these. That being said, you only need a thin layer of this product and it works wonders, definitely makes eyeshadows pop. I wish these weren't so expensive but they are well worth the price. Painterly, Soft Ochre and Indian Wood are definitely must haves in my opinion. A good tip is to store these lid side down as I've noticed that they don't dry out as quickly.

May 27, 2015

I generally LOVE these. People need to remember that they are not "primers", so you still need a primer first if you really want to get the full effect and lasting power for these. My favourite colours are 'Vintage Selection' and 'Painterly.' The only issue I have and why I didn't rate these perfect is that they always dry out on me. And I always close the lid securely. I always end up having to throw them out when there's about half of the product left because they have dried out completely. Other than that complaint...I love these. When they're fresh and new the consistency is lovely!

April 19, 2015

I love the matte shades of this product. They really are longwear; my makeup never creases or smudges when I wear it. I don't find the shimmery shades to be as effective though and find them a tad more difficult to get even. If you want to wear this product on its own, I'd say the shimmery shades are ideal if you can get them on smoothly (it may just be my personable issue). If you want to use it as a base under eyeshadow, go for the matte shades as they won't compete with the shade or shine of your eyeshadow.

April 16, 2015

I use MAC's paint pot in painterly as a primer and eye base before adding shadow. I find that when I apply this first, the shadows that I apply afterwards have a more richer, deeper colour than without it.

March 31, 2015

I use the orchid shade which is super raved about, and I love using it as an eye base. It cancels out redness and provides a beautiful base and my eyeshadow doesn't crease at all.

March 10, 2015

Love the way these eye shadows go on wet then dry to a beautiful finish. Only a little bit goes a long way. Lots of colours to choose from. Hmm..which one will I get next.