4.1/5
Maybelline Great Lash Colored Mascara Reviews
#427 in Mascara

2.7/5

April 30, 2017

I'm holding off on a 5-star rating, because I've only just purchased a tube of Great Lash in Royal Blue and tried it out today. However, upon first impression, I really like it and feel like I should share my thoughts. I started off with low expectations because of a few things: 1) not many Youtubers or makeup bloggers talk about this product 2) Royal Blue seems to be a different blue from the limited edition colored Great Lash mascara (2 years ago I think)--from pics online, that one seems like a bright, electric blue 3) people generally seem to be disappointed in colored mascaras, because it doesn't show up 4) Great Lash was my gateway mascara to the world of makeup, and I didn't even like it back then...

That being said, this formula seems improved from the runny Great Lash I tried for what seems a million years ago. Actually, I think the tube I got was quite dry--which was okay by me, because upon seeing the brilliant blue in the bottle, I didn't want to end up depositing too much product on my lashes. The wand is kind of small, but it did the trick for separating my lashes. I have black hair and dark lashes, so at first, it seemed like any old black mascara upon application. But when I turned my head to the side in the natural light, I noticed my lashes were a subtle blue. I wanted some impact/color, but I actually decided I like the subtlety better, because I can wear it daily pretty much anywhere. It's not a neon blue that would jump out at you but be normal only at a rave or Coachella or something haha...it's totally wearable, but gives your makeup a little bit of intrigue in brighter lighting. Although the color looks nice, I don't think it does anything particularly special for my dark brown eyes/ make the whites of my eyes brighter---idk some people may choose color mascara for enhancing purposes.

The product itself doesn't volumize, maybe lengthens a teeny bit, but it holds my curl pretty well--which is good. They don't have the Royal Blue at every drugstore, but I got mine at target for $5 and some change. It was either this or the colored NYX mascaras.

April 26, 2017

I recently used the new Maybelline Great Lash in the color Royal Blue. I think that it may be effective if you have light colored lashes, I have black hair and the blue did not stand out as pigmented as it looked on the wand. This was even after I applied many coats.

March 17, 2017

This is my everyday mascara. It's cheap, and works REALLY well. Great Lash mascara definitely works better than Chanel branded mascara's that I've tried from Sephora. It makes my lashes huge. The wand is perfect, cause it's able to reach even the ones that are hard to get. Love this mascara

January 11, 2017

this is a very average mascara, cheap enough to buy, and my personal favorite out of all the drugstore brand mascaras I've used before. this is the mascara i wear everyday.

November 30, 2016

It is a super cheap option, which usually means poor quality, but not in this case! great lash is a fantastic mascara regardless of whether i am wearing it as day makeup or a full smokey eye effect.

August 11, 2016

I accidentally bought the purple shade and thought "where would I ever use this" but I tried it anyways and found it was such a faint purple that most people didn't even notice. I also liked that it made my green eyes pop a little more. I don't use it everyday but it's fun to put on every once in awhile

3.2/5

July 13, 2016

I love the colored Mascara. It makes my eyes pop when wearing a nude shadow. I love every color. I love that it will last all day and still be vibrant.

April 15, 2015

I always go back to this mascara. It's the only one that doesn't dry out my lashes and stays in place.

November 20, 2014

I try different mascaras but always go back to this tried and true Maybelline Great Lash. The price is very great and it works.

September 06, 2014

Love this for when you just need a little boost