Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara Reviews
#41 in Mascara

Maybelline Garnier MASCARA Great Lash Waterproof, Very Black - 6 Pack

November 20, 2011

When I first saw the mascara wand, I was very skeptical and already had my mind set that it would be like other typical mascaras. I was wrong. I love the shape of it. It's designed to easily reach those lashes near the inner eye that not every mascara wand can grab. I also love the length they give my lashes. My lashes are actually touching my brow bones! The true test came when I wore it to a family members wedding. Tears were flowing, but my mascara wasn't! This product definitely fits in with a busy lifestyle!

3.2/5

November 20, 2011

Okay, but cheaper mascaras on the market that will give you the same results

October 28, 2011

This product is truly wonderful. Here are the basics of why it is so great:
    - applies without effort
    - great pigmentation
    - doesn't smear
    - dries fairly quickly
    - doesn't clump
    - Elongates eyelashes

This is such a wonderful product, and very affordable as well; I will continue to purchase without a doubt!

October 27, 2011

For a cheap mascara it isn't bad, and it sure stays on a long time. If for some reason you want your makeup to last all night into the next morning, it is a good candidate, though your lashes won't look as long after you've slept in it.
    However, since it is waterproof it also flakes a lot when you put it on.
    Here's the thing though. It's good for basic enhancement. If you want your lashes to look slightly enhanced and not bare, this is good. It will make them slightly darker, longer, and fuller with a light coat, so if you are wearing a lot of other eye makeup or want to look natural, this can be good.
    However, once you start to layer it...your lashes will get quite long. But it isn't such a great volumizer, it doesn't make them look full and fluttery. They get long but also kind of clumpy and spider-like. And they'll also feel kind of hard and clumpy when you touch them.
    So all in all..if you want a cheap mascara that is basic and doesn't do anything major except some basic enhancement, go for this stuff.
    Maybe the non waterproof version isn't as clumpy, but when I tried it I found it very runny and smudgy which is why I went with waterproof.
    But if you want your lashes to make a statement or look super full, fluttery, and flirty, I would go with something else.

October 12, 2011

I've tried so many mascaras and I keep coming back to this one. I've used it since I was 13. It is very affordable, it lasts all day, and it is definitely waterproof. It does clump pretty easily, but I apply it to the tops of my lashes with my eyes closed, use an eyelash curler, and then apply normally and this usually avoids clumping. It doesn't volumize as much as other mascaras I have tried, but I prefer it that way, it looks very natural and pretty. I would definitely recommend this for everyday looks.

March 04, 2011

This is my one staple mascara. Although I may use others from time to time, this is my tried and true friend that I always come back to. The product itself is priced right, effective and at least when it is time to replace it, you're not kicking yourself for spending over $20 for someting you had to replace in a month.

May 24, 2009

Waterproof, good for everyday and doesnt smudge