Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara Reviews
#2 in Mascara

Great Lash conditions as it thickens lashes without clumping. Washable, hypoallergenic, and contact lens safe.

September 16, 2008

Sorry to disagree with everyone, but I love this stuff-It is not my first choice but if I get a great deal on it, I'll buy it. It makes my lashes super thick and long and I have never had racoon eyes from it. It is really hard to wash off without makeup remover though.

August 05, 2008

My initial thought of the mascara was pretty negative - probably because of the simple packaging and how unattractive it looked. I hated the tacky colours - who uses green and pink together? You know when they say "don't judge a book by its cover"? This mascara is exactly that. Unlike your 'average' mascara, the wand of Great Lash is smaller and the bristles are shorter in comparison. I was always a big fan on huge wands because of its great volume effect, but I was completely blown by how much volume I got using the small brush! Its really easy to use and is a great size for any traveler's bag. I grew to love its simplicity and its classic feel. From what I hear, the mascara became so popular that Maybelline still maintains the same packaging which I really appreciated. From all thats said and done, I always look at how much its worth in comparison to the price. For the quality which can be equated to something from a high-end product, its definitely worth buying for the retail price of $4.99 at shoppers. Sometimes, they even have half off sales! It has to be the cheapest, most effective mascara out there in the drugstores. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's on a budget and wants to have fabulous long lashes!

April 19, 2008

My second favourite mascara (after Lash Blast) it gave my lashes a glamourous look, without it looking like I was actually wearing mascara. It was easy to apply (the brush was a good size), didn't clump or smear (and I have very watery eyes) I loved the colours on the packaging (irrelevant I know, but needed to be noted) and was a good price. It also lasted a long time, and I hope Maybelline continues producing this for many years.

September 05, 2007

I just (finally) purchased a tube of this mascara, and I find it to be one of the best, if not, THE best mascara I've purchased. I've tried L'Oreal, Revlon, Rimmel - you name it, I probably tried it. I like a couple of them, but I didn't want the clumping/thickening agent in my mascara any longer, I wasn't ready to shell out $20 for an expensive Diorshow or Lancome mascara, and I wanted to be able to replace it every 3 months without worrying about the price.

For $5, it's WORTH it. I could replace it monthly, and not feel bad.

The brush gets a little gunky at the tip when you first use it, but it slides on my lashes great, it doesn't make them super thick or anything like that, but that's what I want - something waterproof, light, not too clumpy or thick, and cheap.

This definitely fits the bill. I've found my favourite mascara - it doesn't even smudge or move ALL day long (I bought the waterproof one)

January 06, 2007

An old stand by that I always go back to. It has never let me down. Great price and makes my lashes thicker and fuller. I use the waterproof and the regular and both work great. PLUS this mascara is a lot cheaper than others on the market that claim to do the same thing.

January 05, 2007

This is another 'must have' makeup product. It's cheap, easy to use, and very effective. I can't see this product ever leaving the shelf becuase it's so popular. I think however, they may have changed the formula a tad, but it's still a great mascara that I always have laying around. I always try to get the blackest black and waterproof with my mascaras.

January 04, 2007

Great Lash Mascara is and will probably always be the number one choice for make up artists.
    Of all the shoots I've done, of all the artists I've worked with, Great Lash has never been absent. Nor has it been absent in the make up kit of my mother.

Why? The consistancy is ideal, it rarely clumps, and it applies like a dream.

What it won't do it give curl, it isn't waterproof and it does smudge.

January 01, 2007

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is a great mascara. I find that it works well because it does not clump very easily, and you can control the amount of volume you want for the kind of look you're going for. If you are going out at night to a party, this mascara works well for creating a full, smoldering look, without clumping. Just keep building layers on top, and wiggle it from side to side to make your lashes fuller (this works for any mascara actually, but it works especially well for this one!) Its staying power is also great. The only downside I find is that it tends to be hard to wash off. Make sure you have a good eye make-up remover!