Maybelline New York Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner Reviews
#3 in Eye Liner

The ultimate precision liquid eyeliner flexible fetl tip glides on smoothly for precise control. It comes in 3 shades. For more information, please visit http://www.maybelline.ca

December 30, 2011

Okay, so I was bought by all the great reviews here- and I'm sorely disappointed. Sometimes it looks just fine but frequently I have trouble getting a decent application. While it goes on smoothly, it's rather transparent so I can never get a really dark line (I do shake it a lot so it's not that). It works if I wait for it to dry a couple times and layer it on, but I shouldn't have to go through that whole process just for an opaque line.

I guess it's not so bad for the price, and like it said it works fine sometimes- it's just miss or hit on a daily basis. I'll definitely be switching back to a gel liner or another liquid liner!

Updated On: December 30, 2011

Chickadvisor placed my review in the "very good" category but I would actually just say "average", just to clarify :)

December 07, 2011

I absolutely adore this liquid liner!!! This is absolutely hands-down my newest fav addition to my beauty must-haves.

To begin with, although the applicator is felt-tip, it is firm so that you are ensured to have a straight application each time. I love that the tip is thick enough so that multiple layers are not required.

The liner has incredible staying power even on top of the most shimmery eyeshawdows - I apply it in the morning, and it does not budge until I remove it at night. The pigmentation is amazing and intense - I never need to apply multiple layers to get an ultra-rich look.

The value for the price is well worth it in my opinion - the product lasts long and does not irritate the skin or eyes.

Definitely a two thumbs-up!!!

November 28, 2011

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I'm a total eyeliner girl and had this one given to me by my ultra picky sister. I am hooked now and only use this one. I love how I can make a thin line for day, and a thicker winged line for night! It's quite easy to control, and the bristles dont fray and come apart like others I've tried. All time fav!

1.7/5

November 04, 2011

The Line Stiletto is a felt tip eye liner pen in Blackest Black. The tip is very flexible which makes control and the application of this difficult.You can choose to do a thick line, or a thin line, but with the tip so thin, only a thick line looks effective, when I attempted a thin line it just looked uneven or messy. When the tip gets dry and it needs more liner, you just shake it and voila - however I found myself shaking it so often, it was a bit intrusive. Although, I must admit it is better than the dipping it in bottles.
    It lasts for hours and hours, so reapplying isnt needed. I found that it looked faded as the day wore on ... You may need to re-apply if you apply to the outer corners of the eye. Also, it smudges quite often. At the end of the day, clean up with a good eyemake up remover was easy.
    This product just isnt effective enough.

1.7/5

July 17, 2011

I purchased my Maybelline eyeliner from Walmart only two weeks ago. I opened it the day after my purchase and I was super disappointed. I don't know what the exact source of the problem was but my line just doesn't seem to stay. If I go over the same line twice, the brush seems to pick up the first application and leaves a clear uncolored area on my eyelid. Another thing I noticed was that the container itself seemed fairly dry. Whenever I pull out my brush from the bottle or lightly pump it back into the bottle for more liner liquid, it seems as if the brush is not really absorbing any liquid at all. Could it be that there is little or no liquid in the bottle itself? There is a bonus feature to this product though. I am able to shake the bottle for the ball inside to roll around. I am assuming this means the liner liquid would not be dried up and actually be mixed whenever I shake the bottle. Well, the ball feature is a nice touch but it seems pointless when there is no liquid to start out with.

March 17, 2011

The Maybelline NY Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner is one of the best drugstore liquid liners I have used. Even with light makeup on, I always make sure to put on eyeliner just to make the eyes pop even more and I was very impressed at how great this liner is.

To be honest, when I first bought this product, I was a little skeptical at how well it will work. After a week of using it, it's found a permanent space in my make-up bag.

The packaging is great. You get 1.5ml of the product and comes with a very thin and tapered felt-tip applicator. The applicator glides on very smoothly and you get a more shiny finish instead of a matte finish. The applicator also comes with a long handle which makes for an easier grip and better control when applying the product. Because the applicator is so thin, you can get very precise thin lines but you could also build towards more dramatic looks by applying more.

It's long-lasting and doesn't smudge nor does it flake off, yet still easy to remove. Touch-ups are very easy with this liner. I often go over the liner after applying my mascara and the thin applicator allows me to do that easily.

It's extremely affordable and works wonderfully. Overall, it's a great buy. I would highly recommend this product and for sure I'll be purchasing it again.

March 10, 2011

I like this liner, I use it when I want to give myself a bold liner look. I like how easily it glides on and how crisp a line it gives I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a steady hand though, the brush/liqued is not the most user friendly.

September 12, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE! My favorite eyeliner in the world. Perfect application every time I use it. I am able to apply a clean line with no smudging or running. Allows me to have dramatic or classic looks. Drys in no time. Allow me to get super close to the lash line.

May 24, 2010

Possibly my favorite liquid eyeliner ever. The brush is perfect and really good for precision. I have in black and the color is VERY black. It lasts all day and does not flake at all. In short, it's just perfect!

January 19, 2010

I love wearing eye liner since I was 18 but thought what a pain in the butt it was applying it before. I had probably the most difficult ones that were given to me for free so I might as well used them up since I love wearing it. Finally ended up purchasing my own wen I was done with them and tried Maybelline NY Line Stiletto wen it first came out since it stood out because they had them hanging like in a red box display and I was in a rush too so I grabbed one of those to not have to go through the isles looking for one. I ended up liking it, I don't take almost an hour struggling, I'm serious...trying to get both eyes to look the same and doing the tip. Now I got the hang of it more and the felt tip makes it pretty easy to apply and I get it done quick too. I would buy this eyeliner again if I don't see another one that I would like to try to compare.