Maybelline New York Total Temptation Mascara Reviews
#84 in Mascara

1.0/5

January 31, 2020

H A T E D this.

This is not a Diorshow dupe. I repeat. This is not a Diorshow dupe. Don’t be fooled by other articles. This smudges. It’s clumpy. And the SMELL is ridiculous. The strongest, sweetest smell.. my husband even asked what kind of perfume I had on but it was this awful mascara.

November 27, 2019
    Hounslow, United Kingdom

I LOVE THIS

I love Maybelline mascaras, I think they are one of the best on the high street, so the Total Temptation Mascara was one I was most excited about trying. Firstly it is infused with coconut extract which lengthens and adds volume while also conditioning the lashes. This doesn't really add a curl like a couple of my other mascaras do but the lashes are definitely fuller, appear longer and are so soft! It's nice that the lashes don't feel hard or crunchy at all. It makes such a difference to my make up. Much like the other mascaras by Maybelline it's reasonably priced at £8.99

1.2/5

July 25, 2019

Maybelline Total Temptation Mascara

Very clumpy and flaky, and I only wear mascara for a few hours a day. The only pleasant aspect is the delightful scent. Hopefully when it expires, it doesn't smell extra rank.

2.7/5

May 31, 2019

Ok Mascara

I like really big volumizing and lengthening mascara. However, this one did not work for me. It gives more of a natural appearance. I ended up using it to layer under another mascara to get the desired look I was after.

March 19, 2019

No clumping

This mascara surprised me after hearing some harsh reviews. Firstly, I actually love the brush and when applying the mascara I don't get any clumping, nor do my lashes stick together, this brush is good at separation. I also like that I can build it up, adding a couple more layers for more volume and lenght, again, I had no issues. This mascara is long wearing, at the end of my work day I still have coated lashes that look great. Finally, the scent, it's supposed to be scented like coconut, I definitely notice a smell, but it's not coconut in my opinion, I find it smells more like hot coco.

September 11, 2018

Je racheterai fort probablement

J'ai acheté ce mascara il y a maintenant deux semaines et je le mets à tous les jours car je l'adore.
    Il est facile à appliquer, ne fait presque pas de grumeaux (cela dépend de la façon dont je l'applique) et sent extrêmement bon.
    J'ai toujours acheté des mascara résistant à l'eau car les versions originales coulaient après quelques heures de tenue. Pas besoin de la version résistant à à l'eau pour ce mascara, il tient toute la journée même lorsqu'il fait chaud!

September 02, 2018

Des plus et des moins

Je me maquille peu, par contre, le mascara est primordial pour moi. Je suis mitigée face à celui-ci. Dans un premier temps, j'ai eu besoin de quelques applications avant de m'habituer à la grosseur de la brosse. Ayant les cils longs et voulant en appliquer de la base à l'extrémité, je finissais toujours par mettre du mascara sur ma paupière (ce qui peut gâcher vote maquillage si vous en avez déjà mis). J'ai aussi trouvé que le produit est devenu épais assez rapidement dans le contenant.
    Toutefois, j'ai adoré le regard perçant qu'il me procurait. Je pense bien me le racheter lorsqu'il sera en spécial.

2.3/5

August 20, 2018

smudge city

If you have oily skin, I would avoid using this. I applied this to my lashes as normal and they looked great at first, but halfway through a summer day I noticed that there was CRAZY smudging above my eye, where my lashes hit just under my brows. It looked terrible and ruined my eye look, which was still in place (thanks to Urban Decay!!). Maybelline makes some fantastic mascaras and this is not one of them.

The bush is also way too fat so it is easy to get it all over your eyeshadow when applying.

June 26, 2018

Great mascara for value

While a lot of drugstore mascaras are similar, I really like the long lasting wear on this one (also very affordable).

I use the non-waterproof one but it stays on great throughout the day.

June 19, 2018

Eye opening mascara

Bought this along with the Total Temptations Brow pencil and really like this product. It does go on a little thin but after 2 coats it looks better. I like the definition of my eyelashes without any clumps.