Maybelline The Rock Nudes Eye Shadow Palette Reviews

Ranked #170 out of 1259 in Eye Shadow

April 21, 2017

This is one of my cult classics (I can't believe I forgot to review this beauty, I am on my 2nd palette)

The color combinations all blend perfectly together and really speak to my personality, light but dark, cool but hot, quiet but loud and safe but risky! Plus I was instantly drawn to this palette for one, the name "THE ROCK NUDES" and two, the beautiful way it was made and displayed in the classic black "Maybelline" style.

The shadows themselves are extremely pigmented, the dark's are definitely dark, when applied they do not fade across the lids. The light and shimmery ones are beautiful and catch the light when worn alone, I have even used the lightest pink to gently highlight my upper cheeks. These shadows also stay put, I don't always use an eye lid primer, and if I forget, its no big deal, I know they aren't going anywhere.

Lastly, I love that Maybelline printed some examples of different looks with the shades on the back. When I am wanting to try something new, and don't have time to google, I can just flip it over and experiment with their suggestions!!

If you are looking for your next gotta have palette, Maybelline has got you covered, and don't be discouraged with the darkness in some of them, you can instantly lighten the look buy applying a light dusting of a lighter color on top! #LoveMaybellineNewYork

July 04, 2016

For someone just starting out makeup, I like this option because you can do a multitude of looks. The colours are cohesive which is a huge plus. Regardless of eyeshadow, for the best results make sure you have a flat brush to apply your base, and a fluffy brush for your crease.

June 12, 2016

LOVE this palette! I love eye shadow and am always experimenting with colors, which means I'd have several different ones in my make up bag, this palette combines lots of complimentary colors all in one, easy to mix them all and use - great looks. Drastically reduced what's in my make up bag. Price is fair when comparing to buying them all separately.

May 30, 2016

the colors on the palette are really pretty!!! tehy look a lot more beautifull once on the skin
    i love this palette and use it all the time even for more soft looks! love it

April 27, 2016

I'm a beginner when it comes to eye shadow, and I am super impressed with this palette. I love all of the colours, and I find it easy to blend them following the tutorials on the back. Now I can easily put together an everyday look, or something fancier for a night out. The shadows are well pigmented so the color is noticeable, and there is a good variety of lighter and darker tones, with and without sparkle and shimmer, that all complement each other. A purchase I am proud of!