Prestige Item
MoroccanOil Treatment Reviews

For hundreds of years, women in Morocco have been using Moroccanoil Treatment's special miraculous oil ingredient to treat their hair and nails due to the effects of the hot climate. Moroccanoil has used this special oil ingredient as a part of their formula to help for instant absorption into hair for a beautiful shine and long term conditioning!

See their main website for more details at: www.moroccanoil.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award 2018

February 17, 2010

I've had this since last year when i received this in a swag bag at an event. I've heard great things about it all along but never used it. I was actually very weary to try it because i have very fine and long hair and i thought the the oil would weight it down. Plus, i never use any products on my hair, so oil was almost like a huge no no. Well this past Friday at ChickAdvisor HQ, we had our fun friday at BLO salon and we all got our hair done. The stylist used this on my before styling and i got to say, even though they used a curling iron, my hair still felt pretty nice/soft. The smell was also amazing. So i finally decided to open that little bottle and try it on my freshly washed hair the next day. I used a nickel size amount of morrocan oil on my damp hair. Worked it in a little bit and just left it to dry while i did my make up. When my hair was pretty much dried, I was so amazed. Not only was my hair super duper soft and shiny, it was not oily at all. It didn't even weight my hair down. I was hooked and used it the next day.... and was addicted. So i finally went and bought a 120ml bottle.

The price is a bit hefty for a hair treatment because i never really spend anything on my hair. But judging from the amount i need each time, It'll take me a while to use it. My hair is not actually that dry, it's already pretty healthy already, so i think i may use this on alternate days. Overall, i definitely recommend this product, especially for people with hair on the dry side, this stuff is godsend.

February 16, 2010

I am a huge fan of this product. I have very dry hair and using Moroccan Oil makes it appear and feel soft, shiny and healthy. Another plus is that it cuts my blow dry time in half, saving me an extra 15 minutes of heat damage. Even though it seems pricey, it will last you a really long time, you don't need to use much at a time. Also works well as a finishing serum on dry hair.

One another note, be careful if you're a blonde with overly porous hair. The bright orange colour of the oil may stain your hair with too much use.

February 08, 2010

I love love this treatment for my hair. Works really great hands down. Trick to applying it would be less is more..:)

February 04, 2010

I would have never tried this product on my own, had it not been for my [current] hair stylist. The price alone completely threw me off. I asked my stylist what could help my frizzyness (especially during the winter or rainy days) and she recommended Moroccan Oil (the original product). Hearing the word "oil" made me nervous, fearing a greasy look, but I still gave it a try.

I purchased the smaller $15 bottle, for fear of being stuck with a large bottle of something I'd never use. Turns out, I really like this product, and am now trying to use it sparingly, to make my small bottle last longer! It makes my hair look shiny, feel lighter, and (according to the website) helps condition and strengthen hair. A bonus - it smells really nice and it can help reduce your drying time, which is always a nice plus.

To Use: Take a small amount - a dime to nickle-sized drop and rub in damp hair. Style as usual.

Note: Not tested on animals, and in recyclable packaging.

Note 2: The website says that their products are "salon exclusive" so my advice would be to wait to stock up on this product when your salon is having a sale.

November 10, 2009

I'm the one who try a lot of hair products. My last secret is: moroccan oil. Yes, I put oil in my hair! Is it greasy? No! Is my hair get flat? No! It add moisture and shine. In fact, it saved my long hair from a bad coloring I had in last May (the colorist is today my ex-colorist). At the first application, you can see how your hair is different. Soft and shiny, with no dry ends.

At first, when I saw the products,I was thinking is was for african hair, I heard it do wonders for them, but it's for all kind of hair. But one of my best friend raved about it and offer me a bottle for my birthday. She was right, it saved my hair! Thank you Pamela. :-)

You apply it on wet or dry hair. Your stylist can also put it in the color mix when you color your hair, it add sheen.

A few weeks ago, I shared my little secret with a sale rep in one of my favorite clothings store and today she thanked me for having shared my secret, she bought the bottle and she also raved about the product. In fact her hair was in better conditions than the last time I had seen her.

So if you need a little moisture for your hair, go get it. Plus it's a canadian line based in Montreal.

Cost: 39$ CAN

2.3/5

September 25, 2009

I ve had similar is not better results using pure argan oil that I got at my health food store for half the price. Why buy a chemically burdened formula that has some argan oil when the real thing gives great results? In my opinion, not worth it.

June 20, 2009

A hair stylist recommended this to me after I complained how dry, tangly, and frizzy my hair was when wet and dry. I tried numerous salon shampoos and conditioners as well as my daughter's detangling spray among other products. I felt like my only option was to have short hair, which I was not happy with. After just one use of this oil, I was in love with my hair. Even in rain and humidity my hair did not frizz and I could get my fingers through it. If it works, the price is well worth it to me.

April 24, 2009

Great for coarse , dry and frizzy hair! Will help you to get shiny and silky hair...Nice smell...i love this product! A bit expensive but worth it .

March 09, 2009

My hair is a frizzy unmanagable mess!! At my last hair cut my hair dresser used Morrocan Oil on me. It was great!! She said it would help to straighten it as well as make it more managable. I bought the oil and the finishing shine spray. Both are amazing. They are a bit on the expensive side but they seem to last because you don't need to use very much. I also use the shine spray before I use the curling iron or the flat iron. It works great. My hair hasn't been in such good condition in I don't know how long.

I definitely recommend the products. I am going to try there other products as soon as I can find them.

February 01, 2009

This is a fantastic treatment that is applied directly to damp hair. The oil smells amazing and leaves your hair feeling incredibly soft. I noticed that my hair feels and looks a lot healthier. Moroccanoil is like a leave-in conditioner that works on your hair all day! A bonus: your hair will look incredibly shiny, and the yummy scent of the oil lasts for days.