Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda Reviews
#339 in Laundry Care

February 02, 2019

Scent free

I have been using this for years. My daughters had very sensitive skin when they were younger, so I tried this because it was gentle and scent free. I have been using it ever since. I buy the big bucket when it goes on sale at Costco, and it lasts forever. In addition to being good for our skin, it is saving me money!

2.0/5

December 19, 2018

No go for me

I purchased this because I like the idea of using a natural option for laundry but I did not care for this at all. I don't have an issue with the fact that it doesn't have a scent but I did not find it effective at cleaning the clothes. It did dissolve well in hot and cold water, I will give it that but otherwise it was less effective than I would have liked. Will use up the tin but will not repurchase.

October 10, 2018

Finally a detergent I'm not allergic to!

I have very sensitive skin so it's hard to find a laundry detergent that my skin doesn't react to. I'm so happy I found Nellie's! It's gentle on the skin but still does a great job getting out stains and cleaning clothes. I even use it on my baby's clothes!

April 17, 2018

my FAVORATE

I love NELLIE'S ALL-NATURAL LAUNDRY SODA and OXYGEN BRIGHTENER.
    I like the ingredients. I can use this product without allergy reaction. This product works well.

April 02, 2018

Longest lasting Laundry Soap!

My mum and I split a big pail of this and it has latest us over a year already. It is such good value for an all natural product (and it actually works!). It doesn't have a scent, which is nice, and my clothes always come out beautifully clean!

March 10, 2018

LOVE NELLIES PRODUCTS

My skin reacts to everything, so I bought a can of Nellie's at Winners for $14.99 to try it out. NO REACTION. It seriously lasts like two years for doing laundry for 2 adults and a baby! I even wash my baby's cloth diapers in this.

January 24, 2018

I would buy

This is the second time I bought Nellies laundry soap the first time I had a top load washer now I have front loader. It does get clothes clean but I found it faded my towels a tad.

January 16, 2018

Works Well Enough

I decided to switch to more natural laundry soap recently and this was my first experience using a powder detergent. I was happily surprised how well it managed to clean my clothes, but after a while I did notice that my white shirts were no longer white. We get our water from a well which has a lot of iron. Unfortunately because this formula does not have a whitening agent, our light laundry was starting to come out looking dirty still.

No fault of the laundry detergent for the minerals in our water, but something to keep in mind if you live on a well too!

October 16, 2017

A clean detergent!

I am so impressed with this product! It's roughly the same cost as the leading name brand, but it's actually fragrance free....and works!!!
    I've used other leading brand that are "free", but they don't clean.
    So good to know i am using a product on my super sensitive skin with minimal chemicals.

April 27, 2017

I got Nellie's washing soda after my first baby arrived. I got the biggest bucket available (1130 load from costco) together with the Nellie's brightener. I usually use both washing soda (detergent) and brightener (pre soak) together with white vinegar (softener) in my big front load washing machine. The ingredients are very simple, I follow the recommended dose for each load, no need to put more. I use it for all the laundry in my house and I did around 6 loads a week. My clothes come out clean, non scented, and most importantly not ruined (some detergents can ruin your clothes) they clean well just as my regular laundry packs. For food, poop, and other stains I usually pretreat them with oxy clean first then just dump them together with the rest of my load. I will continue on using and repurchase Nellie's aundry products.