Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, 4.2 fl oz Reviews
Ranked #1127 in Facial Cleansers

June 29, 2017

A wonderful cleanser that doubles as a mask. Great if your s

This is the best benzoyl peroxide cleanser I've found (and I've tried a lot). The fact that you can use it as a mask is a nice added bonus. I've tried a lot of different acne-fighting ingredients and my skin responds best to benzoyl peroxide. So, I've been using this on/off for 6 years or so.

I first discovered it on Amazon but now I just buy it from Walmart. I found that this is very gentle on my skin and doesn't tingle or irritate my skin. It does a great job of deep cleaning my pores and minimizing breakouts.

Since I have extremely oily skin, I like to use it as a mask 3-4 times a week. It rinses off very easily and is great for use in the shower too (leave on while lathering, shaving, etc., then rinse off before getting out). It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and then I follow up with an oil-free moisturizer.

I see that now more companies are trying to do the cleanser/mask thing and I've tried a couple of them, however, Neutrogena does it best! I always come back to this one.

March 11, 2017

I have acne-prone skin, and noticed a great improvement to my skin after using this product. My acne seemed to fade away, the number of new ones decreased, my skin looked and felt cleaner.

1.0/5

January 25, 2016

When I used this just as a cleaner, everything was fine. However, when I left it on as a mask, my face turned red. I both look and feel like I have a sunburn. For the first time in my life, I tossed the stuff straight into the trash. I normally hate throwing money away, but nothing is worth this.

2.8/5

January 25, 2016

I have bought this in the past and was quite happy with it. My complexion wasn't that great a few years ago and this product cleared up my blemishes.

January 25, 2016

I love this product ,its worth every penny, and I love that it does not make my skin feel tight.

January 25, 2016

worth every penny hign end and amazing product you betcha

May 27, 2014

It is a good versatile product. The consistency is creamy, somewhat reminding tooth paste, of white color. I use it as suggested - as a cleanser on a daily basis and occasionally as a mask, in the shower mostly. The product does help to keep my skin spot-free and helps to remove blackheads. What I like is you do not end up with tight dry skin after you use it.

2.8/5

March 17, 2007

Thanks for that review. I'm a strong believer (and user) of Neutrogena products. I've dealt w/ the acne world for about as long as I can remember and I've found their products to be very helpful. My favorites include:
    On-the-Spot Acne Treatment -- a zit zapper cream
    Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment -- a moisturizer
    Healthy Skin face lotion -- a moisturizer w/ SPF 15
    Rapid Clear Acne Defense face lotion -- another good moisturizer
    Oil-Free Acne Wash cream cleanser -- great daily facial clenser

March 17, 2007

After searching for an "solve all the problems" acne cleanser, I finally found it in this unlikely product. I'm not usually a fan of Neutrogena, but I decided to try this as a mask and got hooked. I loved it so much that I used it twice daily for 6 1/2 years. It's that good. In 6.5 years I rarely broke out, and received numerous complements on my skin. The quality it that of a $25 cleanser, and you get alot of bang for your buck; you don't have to use that much product as it covers the skin easily with very little. They've changed the packaging since this product came out, so if you want it, look for the one that can be used as a daily cleanser and mask. If you use it twice everyday, it will last over a month. It's my all time favourite.