Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Clay Cleanser & Mask Reviews

September 19, 2018

Good Cleanser

This Neutrogena deep clean purifying clay mask is great and getting the skin clean. It goes on smooth, it’s a thick texture. It rinses off well. My face was just a little bit dry afterwards but I apply a moisturizer after.

2.0/5

September 06, 2018

Happy with the end result, but won't use this again

Let me say that I didn't hate everything about this. For starters, this isn't the kind of product I would use as a cleanser, I used it as a mask. I'm a fan of clay masks and use them a reasonable amount and have never had problems with them, until this. I did like the scent. It has a reasonably strong, but pleasant scent that is minty, but almost like some lemon or tea tree in there too, it smells very similar to my go-to mask and is even the same colour!

I was also happy with the end result, I found my skin did look refreshed and more 'purified'. Since I have combination skin, I felt it cleaned up the oily areas nicely.

However, the single reason I wouldn't use this mask/cleanser again is because of the experience I had while it was on. Basically, it burned. About a minute after applying it, it felt really tingly and started to sting and by the four minute mark, it was burning outright, to the degree that I was really concerned. At the 5 minutes mark I washed it off quickly expecting to see damaged skin or an allergic reaction (I've never had one before), but it seemed ok. However, since it was really uncomfortable on and not relaxing, I definitely wouldn't use it again.

The end result was not so amazing that I'd go through the burning pain to get there. I checked the ingredients compared to my usual clay mask and this does have a lot of 'acid' products, so maybe it's that? Whatever it was, this didn't agree with my skin at all, so I can't recommend it.

July 08, 2018

Two in one mask/ cleanser!

Two in one cleanser / mask?!? If I could give this 6 stars I would! I’m a huge fan of face masks and I’ve use a variety of different brands (Lush, L’Oréal, Freeman...) but this one is my favourite so far. It smells fantastic, sort of like cucumber aloe. It’s a perfect scent to relax with after a hot summer day. It also feels slightly cooling with a tingle sensation...added bonus! I can’t wait to use it up and purchase this again

June 28, 2018

Mask leaves the skin feeling smooth and hydrated

This mask/cleanser is a travel skincare essential. As a mask, it helps to clear out pores and leave my skin smooth and hydrated, while as a cleanser it helps wash off all the dirt. Also it has minty scent which is cooling and perfect for summer.

June 27, 2018

Its a good product

Its very refreshing on my face. This mask is very easy to apply, it leaves my skin very soft, smooth and clean. I felt my pore is clean as well after apply and washed. Its very refreshing product.

June 13, 2018

Amazing product!

This 2-in-1 Cleanser & Mask is great! The product is not thick and sticky which I hate in any face product, this one is creamy, smooth and you do not need a lot of it to get a nice application! The mask is used for 5 minutes which is amazing even for people on the go! The cleanser is quick and easy to use as well, it works great to remove any leftover makeup from the day and pulls out impurities from the face and neck area. Both the cleanser and mask leave the skin feeling refreshed and clean. The product does not leave your face feeling dry at all, which I always look for in face products as I have a sensitive face! I would most definitely recommend this product!

June 05, 2018

Wow

Wow !! Most cleansers I try I feel meh or average about, but this is actually amazing ! It is clear that Neutrogena is working hard on their rebrand, and part of that process includes pushing out great new products.

As a cleanser/make up remover, it works really well. With other cleansers, I usually use miscellar water for my eye make up before using a cleanser to avoid rubbing so hard, but I didn't have to use it with this new Neutrogena cleanser ! It removes make up quickly, and you can rub it in super gently and it has a refreshing/cool feel as you rub it into your skin. As a test to see how well it removed my make up, I used my rose witch hazel toner on a cotton pad. It left almost no residue - only really on the edge of my face around my ears (and that's just my fault for not trying to avoid getting my hair/hairline wet).

As a clay mask, also very great ! I love that in ~5 mins, you can actually feel the impurities disappear from your face. One thing to make sure is that you do need to moisturize immediately after this product - otherwise your skin will dry out !!

I received this product for free in exchange of an honest review.